Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 204924 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #2940 on: April 13, 2015, 10:32:41 pm »

The back story seemed to imply that she was 'took in' more or less (like another bandit). Is the implication 'took a liking to'?
(I'm interpreting what Kaarina's saying as that the bandits basically raped her, by the way. Am I thinking the wrong thing?)

That took a dark nosedive. Well, I'll try and have Elend's reaction be appropriate, in that case.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:39:11 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 13, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »

The back story didn't seem to imply rape very well even if that was your intention. I think you should have been clearer since I don't think Praef's too fond of that kind of backstory.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 13, 2015, 10:42:15 pm »

does he not praefer it?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 13, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »

*Slow clap for PM*

Now get out, yah scallywag. :v

The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:21 pm »

The back story seemed to imply that she was 'took in' more or less (like another bandit). Is the implication 'took a liking to'?

'Took in' is more correct, though more as a general labourer than anything else. Even bandits need people to wash their clothes and cook after all. It was only after she had been with the group for a while that they taught her how to fight with an axe and let her join in their ambushes.

The back story didn't seem to imply rape very well even if that was your intention. I think you should have been clearer since I don't think Praef's too fond of that kind of backstory.

I thought it was heavily implied that that was what had happened to her. Maybe not as well as I thought. And if Praef doesn't approve it'll be easy to make it something less horrible at least. That's why I never flat-out stated it after all.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 13, 2015, 10:47:30 pm »

I wouldn't approve it if it involved something as bad as that. So I do think you really should change that, I would rather not have something so extreme in a FEF game, it is an uncomfortable topic.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 13, 2015, 10:48:38 pm »

Yeah, the top thing was the vibe I got, more as in they enslaved her but didn't treat her too terribly. Rape was a HUGE curve ball.

I'm gonna have Elend play it straight though. You can respond how you want.

("Er, no, they just forced me to wash their stupid clothes. What were youthinking?) Or something like that. xD
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:51:21 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 13, 2015, 10:54:33 pm »

I actually though that might have been what had happened in her past but only due to her last conversation with Lycan, where she heavily implied that. I thought you might be baiting for a shock response only to reply with something humorous judging by Kaarina's usual behavior, though.

Well, USEC said things can be looked into so let him and Praefectus work it out, possibly via PMs. It's up to them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:57:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 13, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »

Yeah, just tell me if you need me to edit Elend's latest response.
The circle is complete.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 13, 2015, 11:45:53 pm »

I did make it clear right here, he will have to change that thing. No need to pass to PMs, I just don't want to see something extreme like that in their character's backstory, that's it.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 14, 2015, 07:33:42 am »

The RNG hating me only cements my notliking of Garret :v

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 14, 2015, 08:52:43 am »

Downgrade it to attenpted then? It'd probably fit better with her backstory, as one of the more experienced bandits swoop in at the last minute to restore disipline and convince her to join them. By convince I mean that he tells her that if she doesn't follow them they'll have to kill her or abandon her in the woods with a near zero chance of survival so as not to bring the local lord down on them.

Alternatively we can say that it was definitely not rape and that Kaarina is just leading Elend on for whatever reason. Probably to appear more macho or tougher than she actually is. But what she went through will be left vague (beyond it not being rape) since the exact details are less important than the fact that it was traumatic and makes her want to lash out and kill to feel in control of her life. Or that’s how I'm currently going with things with her. If you haven't noticed, Kaarina hasn't been entirely consistent as I rethink her motivations and personality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 14, 2015, 11:06:06 am »

...I'm almost considering a mad dash to the tower in the lower right of the map. Only problem is Kat would have to eat attacks from three foes on the enemy phase to get there, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't survive that. >.<
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 14, 2015, 01:17:13 pm »

The RNG hating me only cements my notliking of Garret :v

He's still an useful character; he has good damage and is almost sure to hit anything he attacks, though he's made of glass. To be honest, that would have been avoided if I had Garret attack GGolem3 with the killing edge or armorslayer (the golem'd be down in one hit), but I didn't think that'd happen and saving the more valuable weapons seemed the right choice.

I think Praef's fine with either, as long as it isn't what it was before.

...I'm almost considering a mad dash to the tower in the lower right of the map.

At least the monsters are doing part of our work and rushing towards us. It'll make it easier to mop up and then have our fliers cap the farthest towers, so I don't believe you need to put Catty Kat at risk.

Edit: stats time.
Spoiler: Battle Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:49:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 15, 2015, 06:48:14 pm »

A bit of expansion on Elend's back story, though not written in the normal format since it's mostly just to let you guys know:

She was born to a noble family which she grew up in, and was set with an arranged political marriage to a charming, handsome, kind, generous all-around outstanding man. However, she ran away because she wasn't interested.

She joined/was taken in by a Pegasus Knight order. Eventually, was sent to where the current events are, ordered to stop mercenaries. Of course, she doesn't really care about that anymore after just having been saved by some.

That's the basic concept I have at the moment at least, so tell me if there are any issues. I'll try and write out a proper one when Tiruin's around and I can integrate her character into it (since they're supposedly friends.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:04:35 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 308