Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 204702 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #2685 on: January 23, 2015, 01:43:57 am »

Against Praef's wishes, I'm posting this joke drawing anyway. It's Lycan. And he's posing.
Hmm. I mean it's good, but the shading clearly doesn't match so it's kinda... weird. Or maybe it's not the shading, but the brightness? Something feels kinda off about how the head and body look compared to each other and I can't quite put my finger on it.
I believe its the right thoracic region--the perspective is off a bit (that's the right area of the chest, from Lycan's perspective), if you were presenting his arm bent back--either level out the chest area, as the arms equal each other in horizontal perspective, or shift the arm a bit backwards (But I really think its really his right arm which should be edited [from his perspective] due to how proportionate the body is)

Nice work on the anatomy though :D Lycan has developed pectorals! \o/
Though I think his clothes are slipping off a bit ._.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 23, 2015, 01:50:25 am »

No, no, it's not the anatomy. I'm damn certain (with my paltry-ass artistic skills :P) something is wrong regarding the coloration. I just don't have the talent or the skill to see what it is.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 23, 2015, 02:14:29 am »

It's the shading, which I kind of half-assed out of not wanting to spend even more time perfecting that joke drawing since at first it wasn't pixelated and I had to restart when I decided to go with it for simplicity's sake. Before posting I just checked with Powder if it had enough "huehue" value and fixed his head because it looked a bit too narrow. I may re-shade it and get things done correctly later when/if the mood strikes me.

@Tiruin: And that's a towel!
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 23, 2015, 02:15:55 am »

I'll have a present.
Soon.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:21 am »

Ah, yes, I think I see it now. The shading on his body is too 'simple' compared to the standard Fire Emblem shading.

Also looking forward to seeing what it is UXLZ has planned.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 23, 2015, 02:41:00 am »

No, no, it's not the anatomy. I'm damn certain (with my paltry-ass artistic skills :P) something is wrong regarding the coloration. I just don't have the talent or the skill to see what it is.
Ah, true. True :o
It's the coloration and shading on the right area (where I see it). That's what's showing the perspective difference.

Otherwise: Nice work Cael! You're mean to your brother D:< So mean. :I
(I'm saying that in a joking/nice way. Both of you are awesome)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 23, 2015, 02:52:43 am »

There are also other problems (which I'm far less likely to fix) but they aren't as glaring as the shading one. And hey the image kind of served its purpose, I guess.

And hm? What do you have in mind, UXLZ?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:46 am »

What was the purpose of the image? To get me and Tir talking about it? Because that's oddly specific. XD

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 23, 2015, 03:17:41 am »

Why, this, of course.

Spoiler: Huehuehue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:19:20 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 23, 2015, 05:04:42 am »

Steam clouds...Looks more like Rubble...with Lycan lying down.

But WOW that art. I like how you shaded it (despite being lazy :v), though I have to point out that you did the abdominal region wrong. The ribs and the development of the abdominal muscles don't...match like that. :P

* Tiruin thumbs up though! The face looks nice!
Though I guess the lower body is also missing a bit of shading, that or the camera was angled from the top and tilted downwards.
Hmm.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:08:24 am by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 23, 2015, 05:05:29 am »

It's nothing impressive. It's an upscaled tracing. Works quite well with the FE portraits, actually. Just doing it to test out my tablet.

Does he look sweaty to you?
Aww man, I could totally do that. Get him all nice and glistenin'.

*Edit*

Steam clouds...Looks more like Rubble...with Lycan lying down.

But WOW that art. I like how you shaded it (despite being lazy :v), though I have to point out that you did the abdominal region wrong. The ribs and the development of the abdominal muscles don't...match like that. :P

* Tiruin thumbs up though! The face looks nice!
Though I guess the lower body is also missing a bit of shading, that or the camera was angled from the top and tilted downwards.
Hmm.

Since you didn't seem to notice... I didn't draw this entirely by hand! I upscaled Cael's pixel art and then drew over it, using it as a guide. It should (almost, I did change a feeeew things, I think) be exactly the same as Cael's drawing, just bigger, black and white, and with my style rather than pixel-art.

If the lower body is missing shading, it's cause Cael didn't put it there. = \
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:16:21 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 23, 2015, 05:26:42 am »

I got that it was yours, from Cael's, silly :P

It's just that...instead of graphite, it looks like *cough* Carbonite.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 23, 2015, 05:34:22 am »

It's a normal black brush (2 pixel) with Opacity variable based on pressure. What I meant when I said that I got lazy was the shading, was that I used a duplicated layer gaussian blurred, and didn't bother erasing over certain parts. That's why it has that weird negative glow around the edges.

Though you could almost call it... Whatever the hell that thing was called, light-bleeding or something.
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 23, 2015, 10:54:15 am »

Sorry for taking so long to reply, Caellath. I was thinking about something half-decent for Kaarina to say.

Also can we stop admiring Lycan's half-naked body to admire his 19 speed? That 7.5 points above what he'd have on average for his level. Goddamn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 23, 2015, 10:59:44 am »

Also can we stop admiring Lycan's half-naked body

"No, no I don't think we can."
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 308