Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suggestions for LP ... FOR SCIENCE!!!!  (Read 2754 times)

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suggestions for LP ... FOR SCIENCE!!!!
« on: February 15, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »

I would like to suggest to the community a few games that might pick your interest for highly entertaining LPs:

• Evil Genius (crafted by long-gone Elixir Studios, published by equally-defunct Vivendi Universal). Play AN EVIL GENIUS. Hilarity Ensues.
  • Theme Hospital
  • Startopia. (crafted by Mucky Foot. Long gone.) Play administrator ... IN SPAAAAAACE!!!!
  • Jagged Alliance (crafted by ... can't recall now, but these guys were and are AWESOME.) Play terrorist and counter-terrorism on an island nobody knows
  • Impossible Creatures (made by RELIC, same guys that did Homeworld and Warhammer 40K) Play with science ... FOR SCIENCE!!!
  • Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (ellipsis just go on and on!!!). Playing RISK in the 41st millenium. Space Robot Zombies and Space Elves included within.
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. You're a mercenary dropped off in North Korea to make money and blow stuff up.
  • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. Same as above, but now you're in Venezuela ... and you'll enlist the aid of Rastafarian Pirates. 'nuff said.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Suggestions for LP ... FOR SCIENCE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »

Soooooo... You're not doing an LP?

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »

At the time, no - my workload is at a hectic pace.

But I plan on doing one as soon as I can find the time. Meanwhile, I thought I'd spread the word about these games and see if someone else picks up interest in one or more of them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »

Well if someone's going to do an LP they'll probably just play whatever they have.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:55:10 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:10:48 pm »

1.Evil Genius: Played it before, don't have it now. Have it on my Steam wishlist if it goes on sale. I'll do a LP in the forum here when I get it.
5.Impossible Creatures: Played it before, don't have it now. Was fun, but not enough for me to buy again.
6.Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade: Played before, also don't have now. They have Soulstorm out now, but I don't think I'll get it.

Haven't tried any of the others. But if you want to watch let's plays of things like Dark Crusade, then you might also like to watch games like Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 (which I actually do have... somewhere packed in a box.) or Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (another excellent example of unending ellipsis. Also have that one on my wishlist, and will also do a forum LP when I get it.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »

You do LPs mastahcheese? :O

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:57:53 pm »

Not like, YouTube or anything, in the forum, the Let's Play section. I have a game of X-COM: Enemy Within that I'm running (and will update when I'm not feeling sick).

I don't know, maybe I'll do videos one day, if I do, I'll let you know.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:49 pm »

Not like, YouTube or anything, in the forum, the Let's Play section. I have a game of X-COM: Enemy Within that I'm running (and will update when I'm not feeling sick).

I don't know, maybe I'll do videos one day, if I do, I'll let you know.
Yeah IK. You think I don't Bay12? *waves stick*

That'd be neat. I know I will for sure.

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:58:54 am »

1.Evil Genius: Played it before, don't have it now. Have it on my Steam wishlist if it goes on sale. I'll do a LP in the forum here when I get it.
5.Impossible Creatures: Played it before, don't have it now. Was fun, but not enough for me to buy again.
It's the CHEESE factor that makes those games so alluring. CHEESE and HAM --- you've got a whole sandwich with them!

6.Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade: Played before, also don't have now. They have Soulstorm out now, but I don't think I'll get it.
Soulstorm was a broken, glitchy excuse for a PoS. Dark Crusade is infinitely better, although you can google/youtube "METAL BOXES" for laughs. :P

But if you want to watch let's plays of things like Dark Crusade, then you might also like to watch games like Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 (which I actually do have... somewhere packed in a box.) or Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (another excellent example of unending ellipsis. Also have that one on my wishlist, and will also do a forum LP when I get it.)
Played them already, they're fun!

I like LPs to be hilarious, witty and sarcastic. My first LP read was about Drakengard: it was ludicruous, fun and surprisingly accurate (making up parts of conversation only now and then) and got me hooked up on them ever since.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

If you want some hilarity, wittiness and sarcasticness, look up WazHack. I just got it yesterday, and it's fairly insane.
The Derail Thread

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:23 am »

Would anyone be willing to make an LP of Silent Storm, and/or Silent Storm Sentinels? It's rather dirt cheap on Steam right now.

edit: so dirt cheap in fact (50 rubles? come on) that I picked up a second copy. Anybody with a Steam account want to do an LP of a free game? :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:27:40 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »

I looked it up, and it looks pretty good. (since I don't do video LPs, I bought it myself so you can keep your second copy for someone else.)

I may do a forum LP of this when I'm feeling up to it.
The Derail Thread

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:44 pm »

It's "pretty good" enough that I wish the new XCOM was remade on its engine. Heck it even has the (spoiler alert) and (spoiler alert), so it fits absolutely. About all it lacks as-is is the aliens and the geoscape.

The amount of detail it goes into is staggering. It calculates overpressure waves from grenades, so that a powerful concussion grenade going off inside a room can not only blow open the windows and open a hole in the ceiling, but also push open a door on the far end of an attaching corridor. It will absolutely have a building collapse if you cause enough structural damage down below (even if you don't completely take out any walls). It is, really, a tactical game done right.

One thing I really wish more games did, that it does, is the ability to command multiple units in turn-based mode, simultaneously. It's quite awesome (although wasteful) to have your team of six open up on some very unlucky officer with full-auto fire from their assorted weapons together. I once literally had a pair of machinegunners blast some poor german through a brick wall.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:01:03 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 01:56:49 pm »

Oh wow didn't expect to see you here.

Impossible Creatures. That thing deserves WAY more love, man.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »

Impossible Creatures. That thing deserves WAY more love, man.
I was pretty awesome, I just got burnt out on it.
The Derail Thread
Pages: [1] 2