Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [1/1] - Game Over!  (Read 38453 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Shallow Space III: FTL Before FTL was Cool! [9/9]
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2014, 06:45:57 pm »

I mean he should have only taken 1 damage, as he never actually reached the other CRIT-damaged sections.

But he did. That's why he's dead.

If only you had raised this concern sooner, he might have lived.
But it isn't our concern to point out your mistakes. Especially if they're beneficial to us.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 21, 2014, 07:14:56 pm »

I mean he should have only taken 1 damage, as he never actually reached the other CRIT-damaged sections.

But it isn't our concern to point out your mistakes. Especially if they're beneficial to us.
With all due respect, that's a self centered and unsportsmanlike attitude. But it's irrelevant, because I didn't say that was your concern. It's my concern to correct my mistakes and not my concern how that impacts players negatively or positively. mastahcheese moved three spaces through critically damaged areas. It's too late to correct the movement but it's not too late to correct the damage he would have had to have taken to fix the bridge like that. If you had mentioned the mistake on his action that led to that oversight on my part, he would have only taken 1 damage and could still be alive. That's your concern.

I wholly disagree with your stance, but because it isn't relevant to my decision, I won't argue with you about it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:18:01 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2014, 08:14:33 pm »

With all due respect, that's a self centered and unsportsmanlike attitude. But it's irrelevant, because I didn't say that was your concern. It's my concern to correct my mistakes and not my concern how that impacts players negatively or positively. mastahcheese moved three spaces through critically damaged areas. It's too late to correct the movement but it's not too late to correct the damage he would have had to have taken to fix the bridge like that. If you had mentioned the mistake on his action that led to that oversight on my part, he would have only taken 1 damage and could still be alive. That's your concern.

I wholly disagree with your stance, but because it isn't relevant to my decision, I won't argue with you about it.
That's fine, and I may have sounded very negative in my response, in for that I apologize. The fact remains that if those hull sections were damaged, mastah wouldn't have been able to move through them in the first place. Also - I thought my nano-repair had fixed that. If I had repaired the hull sections with that before mastah had moved through them, then why did he take damage?
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #348 on: April 21, 2014, 09:51:10 pm »

Move to Bridge. Fire lasers at Ship 1. I can do this since no one else is on the ship right?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:54:30 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »

That's fine, and I may have sounded very negative in my response, in for that I apologize. The fact remains that if those hull sections were damaged, mastah wouldn't have been able to move through them in the first place. Also - I thought my nano-repair had fixed that. If I had repaired the hull sections with that before mastah had moved through them, then why did he take damage?
Nano-repair requires a functioning bridge. Mastahcheese moved to the bridge to repair it so you could play that card, remember? He had to move through those damaged areas to allow you to repair the whole ship. So his sacrifice was not in vain, I just couldn't have fixed that without rolling the whole game back three turns and that seemed a fair compromise.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2014, 12:02:51 am »

Move to Bridge. Fire lasers at Ship 1. I can do this since no one else is on the ship right?
You'd have to pass me to get to the Bridge, so nope, you can't. Also, I don't think it's your turn.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2014, 12:04:31 am »

Oh. I thought you left the ship for some reason.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:28 am »

Honestly, I'm ok with being dead, particularly since it means that our ship is still operating.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:19 am »

You'd have to pass me to get to the Bridge, so nope, you can't. Also, I don't think it's your turn.
Yeah, it's not your turn. It should say Dark Drake, I think, since we took control of their ship. Otherwise, since we were the original crew, then that's why it says that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2014, 11:49:11 am »

I'd like to add this on top of my previous action:

I'll give Redshirt dive!, Repair brigade and Plasma grenade to TopHat
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:53 pm »

I'd like to add this on top of my previous action:

I'll give Redshirt dive!, Repair brigade and Plasma grenade to TopHat
You cannot give, you have to trade.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 22, 2014, 07:27:56 pm »

Very well, I'll trade those cards for... whatever TopHat wants to give.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 23, 2014, 12:00:27 pm »

Play Redshirt. Swap my Force field for Deathsword plasma grenade. If the Thunderbird's shields go down, swap my Escape pod for his redshirt dive as well and teleport over. If not, keep the escape pod and teleport over to the Emperor's Fire.
Once on board an enemy ship (whichever one):
Photon grenade the person I can reach with the most Redshirts. If I can kill anybody with my fire brigade, do so, otherwise play it on the aforementioned.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:31 pm »

Use Redshirt 1 & 2, then play Strafing run and EMP on the Thunderbird.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:21 pm »

Lt-Cmdr. Deathsword moves into Engineering, taking one damage from the critically damaged section, and uses Repair lvl 3 to fully repair it. He then trades Plasma grenade to TopHat for Force field.
Cmdr. TopHat plays a Redshirt and teleports to the Emperor's Fire. He materializes in the front hull and takes one damage for entering the critically damaged area.
Cpt. WhitiusOpus plays two Redshirts and plays a Strafing run and EMP on the Thunderbird. Two laser shots hit the shield.

Turn 24: S.S. Juke

σ        σ        σ        σ 

Spoiler: S.S. Juke (ship 3) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderbird (ship 4) (click to show/hide)

After this game I'm definitely amending the teleport rules so you can't do anything at all after teleporting, because the if-then-elses are getting ridiculous. You're not programming your turns, here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:48:18 pm by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31