Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 90

Author Topic: Thawed (Wrapping Up)  (Read 109377 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Thawed (Non-Training Montage 1--The Smugglers' Den)
« Reply #990 on: March 29, 2014, 09:20:33 pm »

"Um... I can summon some meat or if there is some already around I could try something with that..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 29, 2014, 09:25:42 pm »

((Selina got dragged into this?))
((Dammit, my bad. Fixing.))

"Um... I can summon some meat or if there is some already around I could try something with that..."
"How the hell is meat gonna help?"
"Um. Don't think that there'd be any meat here."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 29, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »

"Okay... this might suck so you guys get going while I work."
Kyle says preparing to summon a cube of meat.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 30, 2014, 05:51:19 am »

Magic a lock or lid to keep it where it is and then search more
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 30, 2014, 02:05:27 pm »

((Anyone else planning to do stuff?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #995 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:58 pm »

((Haven't been reading the last page or two, but I'm just spectating right now, correct?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 30, 2014, 03:26:19 pm »

((Unless something goes horribly, horribly wrong? Yes.

So try to keep up. If that other thing is anything to go by, something's going to go wrong soon.))
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 01, 2014, 07:48:04 pm »

((Some pretty crappy rolls were rolled, so I kinda fast-forwarded through stuff. We don't really want another Selina incident.))

Alright. For April Fool's Day, I planned to make a crazy fake turn, with the real turn encoded into it, but then I got bored partway through the crazy fake turn this morning and didn't really feel like finishing it.
For the record, the statements at the top are all technically true. Anyways, here's what I had.

Kyle looks around the room and attempts to summon a cube of meat. That is evidently the best he can do, the idiot. Unfortunately, the summoning goes wrong; a fog smelling of blood fills the room, and out comes a demonic being, with a cube-headed mace, a long, thick neck, and a single eye.
"I am Willius the One-Eyed, of the Domain of Despair! Fall down before me, meat, and despair!"
Meanwhile, magic troubles are continuing above as well. Kuroe is the natural culprit, being the only other person who is doing magic. She tries to summon a lock or a lid, hoping to seal the box of illicit goods from the hands of the smugglers. This is not to be. Kuroe instead gets a curious metallic device with a button on it; naturally, she presses it. The device seems to summon some variety of divine metallic chariot of a circular variety. It bombards the warehouse with projectiles of a dull silvery metal; sadly, Kext and a couple soldiers are killed in the barrage. Out comes Willius, who waves its mace at the sky-chariot. The other survivors, lock and such forgotten, flee the scene. Willius discovers that its power is useless against the chariot; thus, it begins waving the mace at various people. The victims either die in weird contortions of flesh, or become monstrous. Meanwhile, the sky-chariot continues shooting things with the dull silver.
Finna glares at Kyle. "...Kyle. I don't recall you joining in the raid."
The prince arrives. "Shut your lid, Finna, this is not the time to be attacking each other." He looks around at the others. "Well, we should look on the bright side. This would be a perfect time to practice your abilities. Your objectives should be obvious. You need to seal that...um...flesh demon, and figure out a way to stop the sky-chariot before all that's left intact of this camp would fit in a matchbox. Alright? Good."
Selina feels that she may be out of her league. Kyle is mildly concerned about the state of the goods. That doesn't mean, however, that he's not worried about other things. The others in the group are a little excited, but mostly worried. What if these things are too strong? Thankfully, they're not alone. Soldiers are joining them to deal with Willius's monsters. Finna and even the prince, an excellent swordsman, are joining in.
The main characters survive; many of the others are killed by chunks of metal or are turned into monsters or gore. While the sky-chariot is mostly destroying things, Willius seems to be searching for something--but what? Well, there are other things to worry about. The chariot seems to have gotten bored and left, but the situation is about as bad as before. While the silvery projectiles are no longer being fired, the monsters directed by Willius continue to terrorize the camp, unhindered by the same.
"We need to hurry; by nightfall, there won't be left here," says Finna.
"I believe this is worse than the winter a couple years back."

A plan is hatched. Let's start with the first. It's an average task, so only typical modifiers apply. The end result for power is three; the control roll is two.

Kyle summons a roughly fist-sized chunk of meat.

"Um..." says one of the others. "I don't think that's very helpful..."

Next, Kuroe's lock. Or lid. Coin says lid, which is simple enough not to get special modifiers. She rolls a one for power, which means you got nothing.

Not much to say, especially with this format, which encourages laconic messages.

Now for the others' turns.

"Alright," says Finna. "They're not on the ground floor, so they're either above or below us. We'll start by checking above. We'll need a pair to guard the staircase. Any volunteers?"

I wonder who will get this. If you do, wait until tomorrow to tell and pretend that all that I wrote here is the real turn. Take it seriously; that should help me tell who saw the (obvious) message.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 01, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

Kyle just sighs and picks up the ball of meat before sneaking up stairs with it and throwing it away from said stairs.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 02, 2014, 08:06:30 am »

Kureo stamp the ground in irritation before trying the lid again
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1000 on: April 02, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »

So I saw Frozen. Great movie.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 02, 2014, 01:58:23 pm »

Hopefully the game didn't spoil too much.

Anyone want to volunteer for staircase duty or will Finna pick?
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1002 on: April 02, 2014, 06:40:50 pm »

Hopefully the game didn't spoil too much.
Aside from the fact that one of the sisters gets frozen and that the other has powers, both of which you find out in the first minute of the movie? Nope!

So this is supposed to be a darker version of the movie basically?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 02, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »

The aftermath, I think.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 02, 2014, 09:07:29 pm »

The aftermath, I think.
Exactly.

Anyways. Yeah. Any volunteers for guard duty?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 90