Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Furnace Operator Amxu Okalxuspgas from Ngebzo Kod has arrived.  (Read 1252 times)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

And boy am I confused.

I'm playing a game I've modded to have goblins playable in fort mode blah blah blah but I can't for the life of me think what about this has caused it.

As can be seen here hes not a member of my fortress:

Even more strange is his behaviour - He stands in the bottom left of the map, hugging the left edge and a few tiles up from the bottom. He'll stand in his spot for a while before going east a bit, climbing a hill, then walking back to the bottom edge of the map and pathing back to his little place where he began.

Ideas on what the hell this is all about, anyone?

UPDATE: Ol' Amxu has decided to take up residence in my dining hall!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Furnace Operator Amxu Okalxuspgas from Ngebzo Kod has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:46:27 am »

And boy am I confused.

O no, a werebeast! KILL IT WITH FIRE!! Sic your army on it!!!
Fun for everybody!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As can be seen here hes not a member of my fortress:

Look below, you have ūsbu Estukutsmob, the old outpost liaison, still trying to get a meeting scheduled. If a new outpost liaison is generated before the old one's relieved from their duties, they won't get the proper liaison title but will be listed as their normal profession.

Any diplomat who arrives while an older diplomat is still hanging around will putter about aimlessly for a bit and eventually go to your meeting place.

Free your leader from interfering jobs and get those meetings done with.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:07:45 am »

Alright, that makes sense! Odd though that my mother civ would send two diplomats in one year (ūsbu arrived during Autumn and Amxu during Winter).

I probably should change my expedition leader since my current one has had a broken hand for about 9 months and has just been crying in bed and ignoring the diplomat waiting on him. Very un-goblinlike.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:32:46 pm »

Alright, that makes sense! Odd though that my mother civ would send two diplomats in one year (ūsbu arrived during Autumn and Amxu during Winter).

Well its possible that one arrived when the goblin caravan was soposed to arrive in the winter while the first one arrived in the dwarven civ's timeslot by mistake I guess.  Never moded gobos as a playable race however so not sure on the weird behavior that can hapen.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:40:53 pm »

Pretty sure that's because by default goblins have all four seasons active in their entity file.  Normally this means they siege/ambush every season, but if they're friendly/you're playing them, pretty sure it makes them send a caravan every season instead...and with the caravan, a liason.  Remove all but one active season and make a new world, and this should fix itself.