Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Into Empty Skies - [1][6][Hilarity ensues]  (Read 21900 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - where the dice hate you, guise
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2014, 09:52:42 am »

go into the cabin and change my clothes, as well as service my revolver. Then go eat some chow.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2014, 08:22:40 am »

*glower*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 10:16:19 am »

You might need to PM people. Or chance the title every other update. Otherwise people are likely to look over stuff.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:05 am »

Do people actually not read stuff because the thread title hasn't changed..? 'Kay, I'll bump them.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »

Spped up if possible, then continue flying forward.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:29 am »

Pah. I'm off to the DPT again.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »

Same person?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:47 pm »

Same person?
Nah, it was DAF last time, and werty now.
I don't mean to be aggressive about this all, I'm just bored as a board, and want to write an update already.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »

You going to go with the suggestions we gave? I don't think they are too absurd.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 04:45:06 pm »

Yep. With the "throw a bomb" one, even though it's not exactly the best course of action. Whatever, the bomber crew seems to be extra lucky.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 06:19:10 pm »

Bomber:
Spped up if possible, then continue flying forward.
Light a bomb. Throw it at the enemy. Try not to throw it in own plane.
[pursuit roll: 1 vs 3+1] Theo actually slows the plane down instead of speeding it up, but considering Kelly's plans, that may be for the best. However, the enemy gunner gets plenty of time to aim his rifle, [1+1] not that it helps him much. He doesn't seem to be very good at the whole "firearms" thing. I dunno, maybe he's a hand-to-hand expert. Don't let him board, guys.
[1] He is evenly matched by Kelly, who can't throw a bomb worth a damn. It detonates in the air between the Kite and the DN-3, for a given value of "between". The flying boat withstands the force of the explosion admirably. For all its shortcomings, it is tough.
A jagged metal shard embeds itself just below Kelly's collarbone. He grits his teeth and resists the pain.
All of this transpires in the course of several seconds, and then the Kite is distracted by Delia and Robert's sudden arrival.

Height: 20 m
Speed: 60 km/h
Fuel: 1 hr 20 mins
Ammo: 5 5kg, 2 10kg

Gunner #2:
"Heads up - possible AAA on the shore and a Kite headed for the bomber!"

Head back around to engage the Kite.
Don't worry about those, we're far to low for them to target us. They're going after our airships.

Intercept the enemy fighter. Try not to blow up our friend.
[4 vs 3] Delia directs the plane to intercept, pointing it downward between the Kite and the escaping bomber, and manages to bring it comfortably into firing range before the two planes whip past.
[4][6] Robert gets the Kite after all: the stream of lead that he looses at it chews into its nose, where its inline engine is located. Something bursts and the whole front end of the Kite's fuselage catches on fire.
Its pilot shows quick thinking, veering to the side and landing it belly-first into the harbor's deep water. It sinks slowly, raising a great cloud of steam, but you can see two small figures swimming to shore, leaving shed boots and coats floating behind them.

Height: 40 m
Speed: 65 km/h
Fuel: 2 hrs 45 mins
Ammo: 5 and 1/2 mags

Ship:
go into the cabin and change my clothes, as well as service my revolver. Then go eat some chow.
Wilkinson heads for the aviators' cabin after Charleston, catching a few questioning glances on the way due to his pants-free state. When he gets there, Charleston is already writing something in his journal, humming quietly to himself. Wilkinson shrugs, gets his spare uniform from the wardrobe, spends a few minutes cleaning his revolver, then leaves for the canteen.
It is a low-ceilinged, long room with two metal tables running from one end to the other. The tables and chairs are bolted to the floor. There's also a long metal counter on one end; there's a large and greasy red-and-white Drenni flag above the counter, along with the Gauntlet's motto, WITH MY LEFT HAND I HOLD THE SEAS. A stern-faced and portly cook is idling beneath it, and is quick to dispense a plate of fish soup with some dry bread when Wilkinson asks for it.
The soup is not bad - the fish is fresh. And the bread turns out to be edible if you dip it into the soup before trying to chew. All in all, it is satisfactory.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Into Empty Skies - and another one gone, another one gone
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »

Wilkinson finishes eating, and then gets up from the bench he was sitting at. He heads out of the mess, the new, clean boots he's wearing clicking softly on the metal floor. Barely audible, he can hear the crashing of waves against the side of the ship, as he heads towards the bridge. He looks for the commanding officer in charge of his recon flight, hoping to get a debriefing. Or at least information on the other flyers.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2014, 01:38:03 pm »

((Whoops. Though I had already posted.))

Well, I hope our bomber starts dropping bombs on targets soon, enough. Anyway, let's check out those mortars.

Open fire at the mortars, if I can.

((A persistent map description might be nice, but is not required.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2014, 01:50:15 pm »

((A persistent map description might be nice, but is not required.))

Goddammitshit, I'm a moron. Yes, of course. I just visualize the lot of it in my head, so I forgot. Of course, it makes no sense to give you precise data for speed and such, and not give you a map. I'll fix this, promise - it's just that I only have a tablet now, since my PC is borked, and I'm not sure there's a usable GIMP-analog in Android. That's also why I don't update my minimalist game - can't handle writing all that text from a tablet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2014, 01:55:48 pm »

Well, it doesn't need to be graphical if it slows you down to much. A simple description is good enough.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13