Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 225620 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Saint's Death Warrant
« Reply #1035 on: April 02, 2015, 08:47:39 pm »

Long range could be useful for sod forces, especially if they had to fight something large, like an Avatar of War or Titan. Although I guess at that point using a Gauss Cannon or a LESHO would be better against the space magic armour of sythflesh, since it could probably embed itself into the enemy's synthflesh and cause more damage that way, like a firework exploding in your closed hand.

To the bolded bit, gauss cannon and LESHO ain't doing anything, as far as I understand it. That's the point when you get Steve to work his kinetic magic from orbit.

And ty, I bet we could convince them to reduce the price if we go with a  0.75-1m missile. That'd probably put maximum range at around 3-4km, which is still far more than we really need.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 02, 2015, 09:06:01 pm »

@Tryrar

Considering the fact that a 1/8 kt nuke is already two tokens, you probably won't be able to get a missile version for the same price.

It might not matter due to the pricing mechanics, but have you considered redesigning the launcher to use some initial gauss acceleration, as Sean suggested?  It would eliminate backblast, and possibly cheapen the missiles. 

@Paris

It's sorta my hope that this thing can completely replace gauss cannons, so 'this is a problem but you would use a gauss cannon instead anyway' is an issue.  Hopefully, the ability to penetrate into an AoW's flesh would be countered by the fact this thing fires nuke rounds twice as powerful.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 02, 2015, 10:01:55 pm »

@Tryrar

Considering the fact that a 1/8 kt nuke is already two tokens, you probably won't be able to get a missile version for the same price.

It might not matter due to the pricing mechanics, but have you considered redesigning the launcher to use some initial gauss acceleration, as Sean suggested?  It would eliminate backblast, and possibly cheapen the missiles. 

@Paris

It's sorta my hope that this thing can completely replace gauss cannons, so 'this is a problem but you would use a gauss cannon instead anyway' is an issue.  Hopefully, the ability to penetrate into an AoW's flesh would be countered by the fact this thing fires nuke rounds twice as powerful.

I've already considered it, and I guess we can go for it then. we might be able to get away with .5 meter missiles then, which makes carrying reloads even easier. I can do the redesin, but I guess we should do this IC in the hep thread?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 02, 2015, 10:27:45 pm »

@Tryrar

@Paris

I've already considered it, and I guess we can go for it then. we might be able to get away with .5 meter missiles then, which makes carrying reloads even easier. I can do the redesin, but I guess we should do this IC in the hep thread?

Nah, Simus is good if you just send a redesign. She'll see that some of the issues have been changed and modify her opinion accordingly.

And, of course, she's the one you want to really seek acceptance from. Prototyping and stocking are her purview.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »

Ok, another brainstorm I had. The basic Idea is to take a rocket bike, enlarge it so it can go father and armor the pilot and rockets with a couple layers of hexsand and sharkplate, mount a turreted Testament, and add a couple hard points for larger ordinance.(at this point it would look more like an armored rocket propelled pod than bike) Basically, an armored scout vehicle that can hammer forward elements or other targets. I also had a couple ideas for hardpoint weapons it can carry; one being a simple multi-launch rocket system, the other being what I call the Warhammer. What it is is simply a kinamp imbedded gauss cannon round attached to a multistage rocket tuned to speed rather than endurance, which is accelerated out a tube by gauss coils then propelled by the rockets to frankly irresponsible speeds. The kinamp in the slug should amplify the force to the point it simply erases whatever it hits.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 03, 2015, 08:53:24 pm »

So you wanted to put weapons on the ARSC?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:34 pm »

So you wanted to put weapons on the ARSC?

I think you're misreading the size and point of an ASRC :P. An ASRC is about the size of a bunker and can fit 5 people, and is designed to plow straight through buildings. the scout pod idea I have is just big enough for one person, and while it can take  impacts plowing through a building tends to be a bad idea :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 04, 2015, 12:36:54 am »

DP to bring up an actual, cool and somewhat practical idea that got developed in the IRC that I'd like the council to price-check.

Dragon 70 MLRS
Stat Reqs:con+2, battlesuit or vehicle only
Price:shooting for 3-4 here, including rockets

Description: The Dragon MLRS is simply a cylindrical box attached magnetically to the battlesuit or vehicle in question, and carries 12 70mmx120cm solid-fueled HE rockets that are fired in a devastating barrage. The launcher communicates to the vehicle VIA very short ranged radio, is is pretty much disposable and detached after all rockets are expended.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 04, 2015, 04:05:27 am »

Quick question: do you intend to finish these new projects before the mission starts? We already have a crapton of prototypes to test, and we might wanna save some for next batch. That, and I'm trying to keep a move on on the planning so we can start asap. Will put it before council regardless.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 04, 2015, 04:23:46 am »

Quick question: do you intend to finish these new projects before the mission starts? We already have a crapton of prototypes to test, and we might wanna save some for next batch. That, and I'm trying to keep a move on on the planning so we can start asap. Will put it before council regardless.

Missile launcher yes. Dragon MLRS no(need some else besides Paris to own a battlesuit for that one anyways. Come to think of it why hasn't anyone else besides you ever bought a battlesuit?). The others are just some random musings I might finish later(hint, anything I give an actual name to I'm actually serious about, well besides the Warhammer. That's just for coolness sake :P)

Edit: Reminds me, I've made a couple modifications to the Kugelblitz based off Pyro's feedback. I've added a low-power gauss launch system to the launcher, and cut the missile lengths in half(to 75cm instead of 1.5m), in an effort to reduce ammo costs and allow more reloads to be carried. Need price changes vetted
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:27:26 am by tryrar »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 04, 2015, 04:30:24 am »

Then I need a full description to persent. Also, if possible, try to wait with proposing to council until a design is mostly finished please. NO much fun discussing the same thing thrice.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 04, 2015, 04:39:04 am »

Then I need a full description to persent. Also, if possible, try to wait with proposing to council until a design is mostly finished please. NO much fun discussing the same thing thrice.

Sorry :-[ just that Pyro made some pretty good suggestions, and since he's in charge of prototyping....

Anyways,

Kugelblitz GML(revised)
Stat reqs: Exoskeleton STR and +0 aux
Cost:2-3 for the launcher, missiles ??(not going to assume a price)

This guided missile launcher fires 100x750mm ordinance, with an initial boost provided by a low-power gauss coil system. The missiles track a target by a combination of radar homing and manual laser targeting, and come in HE, HEAT, and namite incendiary. There is also the option of firing 1/8th kiloton warheads for an additional cost.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 04, 2015, 06:59:10 am »

I've send the pm's, awaiting responses.

EDIT: first results: for kugelditz thing:

2 tokens for the extra gauss stuff + 2/3 for tube and guiding and everything else. So 4/5 total, probably 4 due to expensive ammo. Still 2 token per missile, 4 if nuke.

An extra +1 requirement for con.

Also, that other thing, is it supposed to be refillable or not? Price might change a bit depending.
So, what exact price then? I'd say we lower the price a bit if not reusable, or up it in case it's refillable? I'll ask him what it's supposed to be.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:08:25 pm by Radio Controlled »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 04, 2015, 07:44:49 pm »

Dragon? Disposable. The launcher could be made out of fricking cardboard if that allows it to still survive firing once.

As for the Kugelblitz, no way to decrese ammo costs? Ok then*shrug*

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1049 on: April 05, 2015, 02:06:59 pm »

Well, here I am.

Hmm... Now then...

Magnets Manipulators, how do they work?

Specifically, the Vector Field Manip. I've heard and read that manipulators (aside from automanips, which only do one thing anyway) can't be computer controlled, but could they be computer controlled if the function was severely limited? Similar to an automanip, but the function or intensity can vary slightly based on situation. For example, holding an object up at a specific distance, but the computer can change the distance depending on inputs.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 127