Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blasted nobles...  (Read 2111 times)

blazing glory

Blasted nobles...
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:14 pm »

Save us from this mighty titan! you just have to travel 3-4 days and half the distance can't be fast traveled because of the mountains
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:43:52 pm by blazing glory »

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody nobles...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

"Also you might run into goblins on the way who will kill all of your friends only to let you slip away in the conflict leaving you to later be beaten to death by bogeymen.

Please, still kill this dude for us, he's bad."

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »

"We'll talk about your 'Reward' when you get back.."
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

blazing glory

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:58 pm »

"Also you might run into goblins on the way who will kill all of your friends only to let you slip away in the conflict leaving you to later be beaten to death by bogeymen.

Please, still kill this dude for us, he's bad."
I don't bring companions and I can easily kill goblins and bogeymen

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:32 pm »

Save us from this mighty titan! you just have to travel 3-4 days and half the distance can't be fast traveled because of the mountains

Erm, that's exactly what i'm looking for in noble quests - megabeasts and titans. The quests that annoy are "oh, go and kill that small-time bandit for us that could've been given as a throwaway peasant quest" and "i see you're a breathing creature, so please go fuck yourself kill the serpentwoman bandit chief who sits in a water-filled channel somewhere under the town". Since nobles only give one quest at a time and new ones only become available once the old has been finished, that means you're either forced to run around for a day or two dealing with yet another boring bandit camp or are completely blocked from further quests unless you vampirify yourself or engage in massive game hacking.

blazing glory

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:00 pm »

Erm, that's exactly what i'm looking for in noble quests - megabeasts and titans. The quests that annoy are "oh, go and kill that small-time bandit for us that could've been given as a throwaway peasant quest" and "i see you're a breathing creature, so please go fuck yourself kill the serpentwoman bandit chief who sits in a water-filled channel somewhere under the town". Since nobles only give one quest at a time and new ones only become available once the old has been finished, that means you're either forced to run around for a day or two dealing with yet another boring bandit camp or are completely blocked from further quests unless you vampirify yourself or engage in massive game hacking.
Yeah on my last awesome character I had the same problem as you,I couldn't find a dumb person in the sewers so I started swimming to a island with another settlement and ended up frozen.

On this character the lady gave me 2 quest's that I guess she classified as seeing if I'm really a hero or just some lucky idiot,after the 2 quest's she gave me a quest to kill a hydra,after that a dragon,after that a titan and so on,how many quest's have you done for the lord?

blazing glory

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:11 am »

Looks like doing missions for 1 kingdom means I have to solve other kingdoms problems,I have to travel a long distance to another kingdom to deal with a creature in that kingdom

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:01 am »

Why care about noble quests? Just ask surroundings until the peasants tell you where the megabeasts lie.

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 02:21:58 am »

Why care about noble quests? Just ask surroundings until the peasants tell you where the megabeasts lie.
1 because there's only a 0.50% chance of a peasant telling you where a megabeast is

2 I would have to painstakingly pick through everything the peasant says

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 11:31:18 am »

1 because there's only a 0.50% chance of a peasant telling you where a megabeast is

Nope. You can just ask few hundred times for surroundings without reading their crap. Then open (Q)uest map. You'll see all shrines and lairs peasants revealed there.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

Nope. You can just ask few hundred times for surroundings without reading their crap. Then open (Q)uest map. You'll see all shrines and lairs peasants revealed there.

But how many contain a challenge? I don't want to go across the world to find out I was heading for some werewolf

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:50 pm »

Very stupid noble,he sends me very very far away on a quest,when I complete said quest he says rumors from faraway land's will not save us

blazing glory

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:10 pm »

and he told me to go to the exact same place AGAIN! well tough,I'm off to a cave to see if I can find something blue