Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invisible Snake Lady?!  (Read 726 times)

Dastardly Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invisible Snake Lady?!
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:09:01 am »

So I'm playing a necromancer vampire and doing my first quest from this lawgiver guy, and I'm supposed to kill this serpent-woman or something. Apparently she's supposed to be in the sewers, but I went down there and all the passages eventually hit a dead end after like a minute of walking and she was nowhere to be found. So then I decided to go to the weaponsmith and I'm standing in the middle of the street when suddenly I'm talking to my target and she goes through that "I am blah blah prepare to die" and then nothing happens. I think she might be under the floor grate a few tiles away, but as far as I know there's no way to access the sewers under that grate, the only entrance I've found is on the whole other side of the town.

What do?

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Snake Lady?!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 05:14:18 am »

Well you can alwa-oh, she's in the sewers?

You have three options: spend the next two weeks finding an alternative way into the sewer via waterways under bridges, cheat and turn the floor she's under into lava, or give up.

Dastardly Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:18:27 am »

Lava you say? That sounds like good times. I would be very appreciative if you could possibly walk me through that.

Because fuck actually doing things.

EDIT: Also, it may be significant that if I leave and wait in a house then come back the next day, she will repeat the message when I step in the exact same spot every time. And only on that spot.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:28:05 am by Dastardly Jack »

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:51 am »

You can enter the sewers via the river if you are undead and doesn't have to breath.
Amphibian creatures like serpent women are always always near those entries.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »

Sewers are pretty consistently a pain in the ass. The randomization means some entrances are useless, and occassionally there are passages you can only get to by swimming.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

Damn snakeladies, having to hide in some pretty hard places to get in.
To the beer!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 03:22:32 am »

Lava you say? That sounds like good times. I would be very appreciative if you could possibly walk me through that.

Because fuck actually doing things.

Grab dfhack. Type reveal. Walk around the town revealing map squares. (l)ook underground. Try to locate your target. Once you have a general idea where she is, descend to sewers either through sewer entance, dungeons or catacombs, always using reveal-command to see the paths. If you have AdvFort, you could craft a pick and dig your way down.

If you just want to burn her, use DFHack command liquids to spawn magma to her tile once you see her.