Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Random Article Wiki-Warfare [Round 3: Organized Religion and Rumba Parties]  (Read 20415 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

IN
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ten is a good number of players to start with. Anyone else who wants in can be waitlisted for the next game. Now, I don't know how long the first game will last, as the starting location could place each player in a different area of Brazil, or possibly in the same room. It's also dependent on whether everyone's powers are 'Basket-weaving' and 'Stone counting', or 'Fire Breathing' and 'Chainsaw Tossing'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i counted 9?
in, if only for waitlist.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i counted 9?
in, if only for waitlist.

You, and anyone else who posts while I'm constructing the first turn, will be allowed to join the first game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game 1: Turn One

It was a peaceful afternoon for the people of Boubers-lès-Hesmond. It was a small village of a mere 72 inhabitants, with the sea to the north and Belgium very close to the East. A semi-major road cuts through the center commune. It is situated in lush fields of deep greens and yellows. The handful of buildings are of an 18th-Century, distinctly European style.
And then ten unique individuals arrived for no reason other than to triumph over the nine other people competing against them.

Elephant Parade walks into the commune, singing his soon-to-be-released Swedish Pop Song, 'I Love This Girl So Much That I Would Buy Her an Aircraft Carrier.'

Mastahcheese immediately begins searching for a place to contact his bank, or at least a bridge.

Execute/Dumbo.exe wonders if she can teach the village girls about the wonders of Golf via public software licensing.

LordSlowpoke heads into the commune's administrative office, asking if he could set up a Czech Embassy.

Ozarck frightens a few village children by screaming, "GIVE ME YOUR DIRT BIKE, I NEED TO SAVE THE PRIME MINISTER."

Scapheap runs out of a treeline quoting 'Face-off'.

Donuts slows his car down to speak to a group of locals, "Y'all know about them good ole' Nordic mythologies?"

Anailater points to the sky, blabbering about some planet no one's heard of.

Darkpaladin flies onto the roof of a house, thrusting his arms into the air. "FOR THE GLORY OF ROME!"

WhitiusOpus finds himself at the foot of the commune church.

fractalman visits the crowd at the village tavern. "I bless you peasants with my presence. Now then, prepare to get a royal education in Geophysics!"

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mastahcheese (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordSlowpoke (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Donuts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: anailater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WhitiusOpus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fractalman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zanzetkuken The Great (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sheb (click to show/hide)

Okay guys, here's one thing I've been thinking about: Should the starting location be the set boundaries for the game? Because otherwise, some player's powers will be flat out useless. There are three options regarding this:

1. The starting location sets the game's boundaries.
2. The starting location serves only for the start, there are no boundaries.
3. As a compromise, the starting location serves as a temporary boundary; the borders of the location serve as a boundary for the first three turns of the game, and afterwards the boundaries disappear.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:11:20 pm by TCM »

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Article Wiki-Warfare: Game 1 Started!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

I think #3 sounds good…unless you want to re-roll all location-based things or something. 
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 06:56:48 pm »

Mabye 3, yhea, that would be better.
Go serch for a golfing store, if said counter is run by a woman, teach her the truth of hard luck and people stealing golf clubs and bats.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 07:01:34 pm »

Wow. Practically everyone has horrible skills.

Hide in an abandoned building. Begin writing a song.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:12:44 pm by Elephant Parade »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »

Attempt to drive people insane with my annoying voice.
Donught and darkpalidin have at least one good thing going for them, at the very least.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »

I have money.
That's a very powerful ability if you use it right.
That said, Find an ATM.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55:17 pm »

Wince, ever so slightly, when I remember that "peasant" used to mean, well, "citizen", but it has become a somewhat derogatory term due to definition and connotation drift.

Give them a jovial, if rather compressed, lecture on plate techtonics. Then tell them about how, just yesterday, a new fault line was discovered right under their 'town'...and try to recruit them to my cause

"But don't despair, citizens of this realm, I have computed the most likely antinodes-those are the safe points in an earthquake-and since we are reasonably far from the ocean, there is no need to worry about tsunamis...but, should your homes be destroyed, there will always be a place for you fine folks in the kingdom of Uratu.

and offer them a place in my kingdom

Have you forgotten about ingenuity?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:01:44 pm by fractalman »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:55 pm »

Wince, ever so slightly, when I remember that "peasant" used to mean, well, "citizen", but it has become a somewhat derogatory term due to definition and connotation drift.

Ah, an enlightened despot I see. Retroactively disregard that line about the "peasants" then.

As of now, the third option for Boundaries appears to be the most popular, where the perimeter around the Starting Location is impassable for third turns, after which it dissipates.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:11:03 pm by TCM »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »

IN YES
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 10:32:37 pm »

IN YES

Okay hold up, gimme' a second.

Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 10:44:19 pm »

Would I be able to join?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16