Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497308 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32866 on: November 01, 2016, 10:44:38 am »

Oh.
Hmm, okay... that changes things...
Thank you PW.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32867 on: November 01, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »

For the purposes of the test, wouldn't it be best if you didn't omit rolls?  I don't really see why you would.
I didn't do it on purpose; I wrote that at like 11pm, I just forgot to put it down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32868 on: November 01, 2016, 07:27:10 pm »

Well, that damned speed demon ... ouch.

I recorded my damage as the turn stated it, but I think you added one too many points to the demonic revolver, and I think you are using my speed instead of my dex (a whopping one point difference) to determine damage. I have noted the difference it makes (which is rather little.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32869 on: November 01, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »

Does limb overkill damage propagate to both sides of a severed limb? if so is it divided evenly or does it do the overkill amount to all?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32870 on: November 03, 2016, 12:09:06 am »

Does limb overkill damage propagate to both sides of a severed limb? if so is it divided evenly or does it do the overkill amount to all?
It propagates up the limb towards the core.  Limbs that fall off are undamaged.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32871 on: November 03, 2016, 12:38:50 am »

what about if a torso is overkilled, does the overkill damage propogate only towards the core, assuming the hurt being's core was not in the torso itself?  so for example, if someone's core was in their left hand, and their torso was overkilled, would all limbs BUT the left arm be undamaged, and the left arm itself suffer all the overkill damage sequentially from the torso towards the hand the core is in?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32872 on: November 03, 2016, 07:55:04 am »

what about if a torso is overkilled, does the overkill damage propogate only towards the core, assuming the hurt being's core was not in the torso itself?  so for example, if someone's core was in their left hand, and their torso was overkilled, would all limbs BUT the left arm be undamaged, and the left arm itself suffer all the overkill damage sequentially from the torso towards the hand the core is in?
Yes, because what it would be counted as is that the damage kills the torso, which severs the head and other three limbs and gut. Then, since those parts are no longer considered part of the character, the damage can only spread through parts that ARE still part of the character, meaning parts still attached to the core. SO left upper arm, lower arm and then hand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32873 on: November 03, 2016, 04:59:55 pm »

You shouold put a section into the rules to explain corruption cost and downtick. And also, maybe rearrange the list of body parts so it follows the normal body slot pattern? all the heads in the head section, etc/ I know this doesn't matter for placement of parts, but it might help with finding things you are looking for.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32874 on: November 03, 2016, 05:37:19 pm »

I think it's better to group them by function; all ranged wrapons here, all melee weapons here, str parts there, dex parts there.  Still makes it easy to find stuff you know about, and is also very helpful for finding stuff you don't know about, but want to.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32875 on: November 03, 2016, 06:35:43 pm »

group by function, subgroup by standard location. Or the reverse.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32876 on: November 08, 2016, 10:03:17 am »

Whoa, did Oro actually start? :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32877 on: November 08, 2016, 10:18:53 am »

Whoa, did Oro actually start? :o

It's in Early Access from what I can tell. Piecewise and a handful of his chosen faithful have hunkered down in the thread to try and bash out a functional system of limbs, weapons and possibly also combat.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32878 on: November 08, 2016, 11:07:44 am »

Hey, Piecewise!  Lenglon raised an interesting idea in the game thread--failing a multiattack with a bow.  What failure cost does that have, if your opponent is melee-only?  -50 to dodge no attack doesn't seem like a penalty.

...Also, if the entire enemy team is ranged and fighting you, how is it decided how many counter-attacks get made on a failed roll?  Does it have to be from the single person you targeted--meaning excessive multiattacks against melee people is always safe?  Or can it be from any single ranged person, so ranged people can cover melee allies?  Presumably, every ranged person doesn't get a counter, though that would arguably be more logical than a single person getting a counter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32879 on: November 09, 2016, 12:14:43 am »

You may now resume screaming.
Pages: 1 ... 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 ... 2205