Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497309 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32850 on: October 29, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »

Hmm. I think you aren't supposed to join in mid-mission, so it'll be after this area is run.
So it depends on the pacing, and how much PW lets us dither and hem and haw about, as well as on update speed, which is nowhere near as fast as early ER was.
Say, a month?

If you're bored and want a quick action type game (updates thrice weekly) My Grunts game slaughters characters thrice weekly.

For a slower paced, ER inspired fantasy game, my Omega Legion is always open to new players. Though I am close to my limit for how much I can juggle between those two games.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:43:19 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32851 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »

I'm not sure, the area ahead is fairly large, and I doubt that the six of us present can defeat in in one go. We'll probably have some drop-ins.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32852 on: October 29, 2016, 10:39:45 pm »

I'm not sure, the area ahead is fairly large, and I doubt that the six of us present can defeat in in one go. We'll probably have some drop-ins.
Oh hey, you read the private stuff from PW. I thought that was something that would exclude you from joining. What gives?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32853 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:05 am »

What gives is that he never told me that we'd be using the map we saw for this test, and he accepted my sheet.
I've forgotten most of that stuff anyway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32854 on: October 31, 2016, 09:49:12 am »

To be fair, he has knowledge of this stuff to a degree, but nothing about the strength of anything or where any enemies are or anything else. Just what the map looks like.

If thats a problem, we can kick him and put someone else in. I don't care either way since it's just a test.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32855 on: October 31, 2016, 05:47:02 pm »

It isn't a problem with me. Just curious, and the explanations are reasonable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32856 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »

So, what are we doing for Halloween this year? A spooky at-base mission in Omega, perhaps? :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32857 on: October 31, 2016, 09:20:06 pm »

I do hope I don't die from the current turn update. I wanna survive this mission, leg or no leg. I mean, magic prostetics are a thing, right?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32858 on: October 31, 2016, 09:26:03 pm »

So, what are we doing for Halloween this year? A spooky at-base mission in Omega, perhaps? :P

Hey that investigative daemoism MP mission was going to be spooky....except for the whole dungeon bypass thing. :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:34:13 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32859 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:41 pm »

Sheesh. Last week was probably a better time to ask. I had planned to do something, but the moment may have passed. Well, poll the other players and I'll set something up if everyone wants. Might be a good way to have some fun between missions.

I do hope I don't die from the current turn update. I wanna survive this mission, leg or no leg. I mean, magic prostetics are a thing, right?
Sure, but they can be ... cranky. and make sure you get one that isn't sentient. never trust a magical being if you can't tell where it keeps it's brain.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32860 on: November 01, 2016, 12:29:27 am »

It isn't a problem with me. Just curious, and the explanations are reasonable.
It suddenly, as I write this turn, ceased to matter regardless.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32861 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:46 am »

Oh, great.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32862 on: November 01, 2016, 03:18:18 am »

That was suprisingly lethal turn.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32863 on: November 01, 2016, 09:16:53 am »

Hmm, so my attempt to disrupt an attack before it happened isn't a thing that can happen in this combat engine. I had the initiative, and hit the limb used to attack with, but it had no impact on the attack itself. welp. at least one of the dogs has lost its spear now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32864 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:30 am »

Hmm, so my attempt to disrupt an attack before it happened isn't a thing that can happen in this combat engine. I had the initiative, and hit the limb used to attack with, but it had no impact on the attack itself. welp. at least one of the dogs has lost its spear now.
It can. I don't think I showed it, but I did a speed roll for both of you and the grinning dog won. If you had won you could have hit it and stopped the attack. The way I think of it is that the thing threw the spear so fast you didn't have time to shoot him and stop the attack, but you were fast enough to get a shot off with him. Also you hit the left arm, it used the right.

But if you had been fast enough and hit the right arm, it would have cancelled the attack.
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 ... 2205