Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2156 2157 [2158] 2159 2160 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491488 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32355 on: September 04, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »

….dibs on The Bones.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:24:39 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32356 on: September 04, 2016, 07:23:59 pm »

Plague lands, glory for father Nurgle
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32357 on: September 04, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »

Rust pit!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32358 on: September 04, 2016, 07:34:23 pm »

Whatever that place is, seems like it'd have some interesting travel brochures.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32359 on: September 04, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »

One of those desolate wastelands, unfit for human occupancy, all 'round.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32360 on: September 04, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »

Hmm, Blighted Bay would be my choice
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32361 on: September 04, 2016, 08:11:10 pm »

Whatever that place is, seems like it'd have some interesting travel brochures.
Come to The Rot! Enjoy our scenic piles of entrails! Frolic across our hills made of whale carcasses! Meet our friendly native death cult and be thrilled by their rituals of self abasement and ego death! Your one stop shop for rusted butcher knives and decommissioned meat slicing machines!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32362 on: September 06, 2016, 04:45:33 pm »

So instead of strength being your HP after HP, how do you feel about having your stats distributed into body parts and damage to those body parts causing loss of stats and limbs? This is somewhat nicer in the short term because it means you have more HP over all, but if you get really hurt, you can be permanently crippled.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32363 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

It just wouldn't be good old ER without extreme limb damage.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32364 on: September 06, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »

Does that mean we could go the full distance with the implications and make your organs provide certain stats? Your liver provides your stamina, your kidneys your intelligence, fingers dexterity, stomach willpower, etc?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32365 on: September 06, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »

Then you can add extra organs to yourself with new stats, like a super-reactions organ, or a burning-things organ.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32366 on: September 06, 2016, 11:51:27 pm »

Does that mean we could go the full distance with the implications and make your organs provide certain stats? Your liver provides your stamina, your kidneys your intelligence, fingers dexterity, stomach willpower, etc?
Thats basically what FLESH was...

No but the thing I was poking around with was you had 4 stats, in your head, torso, arms and legs, and states of damage which would either cripple or destroy them. So you could get into a fight, catch a machete to the arm and lose 1/4th your total strength from the injury. Or take it to the leg and lose speed. Take it to the head and lose intelligence or take it to the torso and lose Constitution. Torso or head destruction is fatal but you could lose an arm and keep going, though the loss of stats would be permanent.

The way I look at it, it's a method of making injuries count against stats without having it totally focused on one stat. Lets you get nice and realistically beaten to hell and weakened by it. Though, it does have the odd effect that me stabbing you in the foot could result in you becoming worse at shooting a gun...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32367 on: September 06, 2016, 11:59:22 pm »

Thats basically what FLESH was...

No but the thing I was poking around with was you had 4 stats, in your head, torso, arms and legs, and states of damage which would either cripple or destroy them. So you could get into a fight, catch a machete to the arm and lose 1/4th your total strength from the injury. Or take it to the leg and lose speed. Take it to the head and lose intelligence or take it to the torso and lose Constitution. Torso or head destruction is fatal but you could lose an arm and keep going, though the loss of stats would be permanent.

The way I look at it, it's a method of making injuries count against stats without having it totally focused on one stat. Lets you get nice and realistically beaten to hell and weakened by it. Though, it does have the odd effect that me stabbing you in the foot could result in you becoming worse at shooting a gun...

There's nothing odd about it. Having to balance yourself so the wound doesn't scream into your ears takes some focus away from shooting.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32368 on: September 07, 2016, 12:07:25 am »

That'd be cool. Though having stats segregated to one type of limb would be odd. Strength, for instance, maybe when you get damaged in an arm you don't necessarily lose points from your strength total but get a malus to strength tests with that arm or somesuch, but stuff using your legs, like kicking in doors or whatever, would be relatively unaffected?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32369 on: September 07, 2016, 12:23:49 am »

I had an inkling of a game concept at one time, where you were a robot in a world populated by robots (think the Robots movie, basically), and instead of any kind of progression you would scavenge parts off of things you defeat or find (not all robots would be humanoid, by far) and try to graft them onto yourself. Kind of a bizarre version of being a merc in Battletech, you have to fight things that attack you in such a way as to not completely destroy them, otherwise you barely get any salvage to repair and re-arm (sometimes literally) yourself with.

(also the robots all have the central "processing core" that acts as their consciousness, a concept I lifted out of a game called "A.I.M.". You can't use one directly, but collecting them can be useful because you can basically sell these consciousness cores into slavery, until they "pay off" what you got paid for them, and the price of a basic body, with their acting as a cloud-computer, and then get jammed into that basic body and released back into the world. That's if who you've sold them to is a decent person. Sentient cores might have it easier if they have a bank account they can pay out of.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:29:25 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 2156 2157 [2158] 2159 2160 ... 2205