Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488701 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30195 on: April 15, 2016, 01:49:33 pm »

What's the worry? Send all your biggest and obsolete warships over there and take over. It's perfect universe for colonization.

That's pretty much the current plan, and pretty much always has been.  I just dislike the fact that our opponents might not be entirely worthless against us.  Origin basically enabled FTL, it enabled two universe-wide apocalypses, and it enables many powerful technologies.  Before, I was assuming our foes would be at a massive disadvantage because they likely wouldn't inhabit more than one solar system, they wouldn't have the sort of weapons which could even hurt us, and the concept of them saying "neither of us get this universe!" and summoning a second Lurker didn't even occur to me.  Now, all of those options are possibilities.

...So, yeah, it's not a big problem, I just don't like it when a foe is upgraded from "pretty much nothing" to "conceivably actually capable of causing some tiny amount of damage."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30196 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:19 pm »

If you ever think that your enemy is harmless, you're not being paranoid enough. :P

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30198 on: April 15, 2016, 02:29:43 pm »

Be paranoid and murder it via liberal application of tungsten rods traveling 0.95c. And whatever other gunships you guys made. There's no kill like overkill.

We can still make Ghostship Steve.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30199 on: April 15, 2016, 03:01:22 pm »

Be paranoid and murder it via liberal application of tungsten rods traveling 0.95c.
Bit gung ho. Why not use lasers? Technology that your enemy can see coming is always inherently risky.
One wheel short of a wagon

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30200 on: April 15, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »

Yeah, I know, but I'm just not that cautious a person.  I have an inherent tendency to take big, unnecessary risks.  Plus, hey, being too paranoid sucks all the fun out of the game!

So you're a not-so-cautious individual playing a paranoid narcissist, and I'm a cautious and risk-avoidant individual playing as a reckless idiot. Interesting.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30201 on: April 15, 2016, 03:22:07 pm »

Be paranoid and murder it via liberal application of tungsten rods traveling 0.95c.
Bit gung ho. Why not use lasers? Technology that your enemy can see coming is always inherently risky.
They have apparent laser weapons, therefore it is fair to assume they also have defenses for laser based weapons.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30202 on: April 15, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »

I've tried a fix with ds3, I'm gonna try another recording session probably this evening, hopefully it works better.

In case you're wondering, the fix they gave was "turn lighting to low, cover your hair, start as knight"

Well...we did the first one and our helmet covers most of our head so we're not in too bad of shape. If things keep screwing up, I'll switch to knight and quickly run us back up to where we were and start recording again.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30203 on: April 15, 2016, 05:03:15 pm »

On The topic of ds3, anyone find Aldritch immensely disappointin? Just watching lps, so I don't Know what the Gameplay was Like, but the whole thing Looked Pretty Boring. Capitalisation due to Phone, sry.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30204 on: April 15, 2016, 05:15:21 pm »

Avoid spoilers in this thread please.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30205 on: April 15, 2016, 05:45:14 pm »

Avoid spoilers in this thread please.
Yah, please.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30206 on: April 15, 2016, 06:38:25 pm »

On The topic of ds3, anyone find Aldritch immensely disappointin? Just watching lps, so I don't Know what the Gameplay was Like, but the whole thing Looked Pretty Boring. Capitalisation due to Phone, sry.

He's alright, but not great.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30207 on: April 15, 2016, 08:28:26 pm »

It went all of 10 seconds before crashing again.

FROMSOFT!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30208 on: April 15, 2016, 08:55:40 pm »

I've played for awhile and no problems. your computer just needs to git gud

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30209 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »

I've played for awhile and no problems. your computer just needs to git gud
It's ironic because the game runs just fine, even on high and max settings. It's just that when I get near a bonfire it crashes straight to desktop. And judging by the forums, it's pretty common. Seems a bizarre thing to get past QA
Pages: 1 ... 2012 2013 [2014] 2015 2016 ... 2205