Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495762 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #29415 on: March 06, 2016, 03:25:56 pm »

I cant change votes because I dont log in to the wiki and access it from multiple devices and locations. I suspect Im not the only one.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29416 on: March 06, 2016, 03:29:17 pm »

I think this polling business is really getting out of hand for what little good it seems to be doing.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29417 on: March 06, 2016, 03:32:19 pm »

Yeeaaah, it is starting to look like we might need a final final poll after all, either on the wiki or via some other method (like that new thread idea, though I still kinda feel that's to much hassle all things considered). I'll wait for pw's word on the matter before making a new one though (after all, he's the once who'll be running whatever comes next, and he could still just make a decision himself).

I think this polling business is really getting out of hand for what little good it seems to be doing.

We are slooooowly whittling down the choices though! Or we just go with the results from the current one, which would be my preferred option, but what do I know.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29418 on: March 06, 2016, 03:32:28 pm »

I get the same feeling. Maybe pw should just pick whatever he likes most and not care too much about what the rest of us think.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29419 on: March 06, 2016, 03:40:51 pm »

I cant change votes because I dont log in to the wiki and access it from multiple devices and locations. I suspect Im not the only one.

I'm pretty sure I was logged in for both of my votes, so it doesn't seem to care about whether or not you're logged in.  My IP might've changed, though.

If you voted for something aside from one of the Oro variants, just vote again.  The other three options are so low they essentially don't matter.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29420 on: March 06, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »

we could just yell at PW until he makes something everyone wants.

Yeah, this is probably my attitude too.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:48:56 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29421 on: March 06, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »

we could just yell at PW until he makes something everyone wants.
Yeah, this is probably my attitude too.

You agree with yourself? Amazing!  :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29422 on: March 06, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »

Can I just make a thread and everyone's only allowed to post in it once saying if they're voting for ERORO or ORO? Or someone do that? It'd be easier and less prone to fraud than otherwise. You'd only be allowed to vote if you play ER, obviously, and stuff. Yknow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29423 on: March 06, 2016, 04:00:48 pm »

Okay, since Radio forgot that I wanted ORO over ERO, I'm just gonna vote again in the poll.  That put it up to 12-13.  I thiiink Aigre hasn't voted yet either, and when he voted in IRC, he went with ORO.  I'll PM him just to check if we're actually still tied.

Also, Paris, why would I be better at making a voting thread than anyone else?  I have made literally one thread before--I am not an experienced master of threadcrafting.
Mostly because you seemed to have a good idea about voting rules, so I figured you'd be best in expressing them. But sure, if you don't want to, I'll do it myself.

@Radio: I don't see how navigating to anotger thread in the same forum and posting a single word or two is more complicated than going to another website to use a poorly implemented feature that doesn't even work on phones.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29424 on: March 06, 2016, 04:05:42 pm »

Mostly because I'm in favor of just using the results of our current poll and calling it a day. We've had 3 polls already. Mind, if pw's ok with it and you or whoever wants to do it, go for it (less work for me! Even though I'd still help out if needed/asked), but I kinda feel like pw should have a general idea by now.

The current poll results are 12-ORO vs 14-ERORO, by the way. And we've reached 30 voters, aka the point I was originally going to cut off the poll.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:08:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Nunzillor

« Reply #29425 on: March 06, 2016, 04:17:00 pm »

I think non-ER is actually winning?

Edit: it says 14 non-ER version and 13 ER version.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:21:01 pm by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29426 on: March 06, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »

I think the general idea we got from the polls was that people want oroboropolis but aren't sure what exactly they want. But we've had several people complain about the poll being inaccessible or changing their vote or failing to change their vote or voting multiple time. Voting by post is the simplest answer to that problem and ensuring a definitive final result. If the vote-by-post poll also ends up being a tie, then we know that people are split and piecewise can do whatever he feels like. (Even if the vote is not split, piecewise can still do whatever he feels like doing and I'm certain people would be happy.)

The only advantage using an automated poll offers is anonymity (and I doubt people are afraid to express their opinion) and real-time results (which isn't too much of a problem when you only have at max ~50 votes). So I don't see why someone wouldn't want to do it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29427 on: March 06, 2016, 04:25:32 pm »

I think non-ER is actually winning?

Edit: it says 14 non-ER version and 13 ER version.
And it's something different right now again, being 14-14. Fantastic. Maybe somebody is just trolling at this point.

At this point we should probably best just wait for pw and hear him out (we'll probably want to ask permission either way before making a thread in his subforum).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29428 on: March 06, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »

Thing is, how many people actually want ERobopolis, as opposed to just ER?

I mean, just ER ain't gonna make it, we saw that in previous polls, right? So we sure they don't just want ER again, or the closest thing to it?
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29429 on: March 06, 2016, 05:05:14 pm »

I cast a tie-breaker.

15/14 now.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 ... 2205