Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489903 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #28110 on: February 04, 2016, 10:37:34 am »

Now how much does it cost for one to get an extra pair of arms right below the existing ones?
Human ones? lets say a token an arm.
How many would it cost to go full Asura's wrath with that? Or to have them strong enough to wield laser rifles one handed?

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28111 on: February 04, 2016, 10:42:23 am »

Should I pm piecewise my actions?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28112 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:13 am »

Question for Peedubs: Would it be possible for me to spend some of the jump timeskip writing about magic in my room instead of in stasis? If so, I'm going to do that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28113 on: February 04, 2016, 11:39:13 am »

Quote from: poke thread
Electrify? Hmmm Well you could electrify solidlight matter,
Hehe. Hehehe. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*lightning strikes in the background as evil manic laughter continues*
Oh, yes. I could have some fun with that. I could have a lot of fun with that, yes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:22 pm »

This ... I can work with this.

Yes, I can work with this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28115 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:15 pm »

I think I've figured out where my hesitation's coming from: I have no idea what my job is anymore. Synthflesh with an amp club is pretty obviously an agile melee bruiser; hop around when things need hopping and bash the everloving shit out of things that need bashing.

Assaultsuits are a little harder to classify. I mean, are they fast enough to make running into melee a good idea? Are they tanky enough to make distracting things a good idea?

I'm kind of scratching my head wondering what I should buy because I'm kind of scratching my head wondering what I intend to do on mission.

I did PM PW a valid set of actions, though, so normal ass suit + SLMG is the current workable default. I notice everyone else's battlesuits are all decorated and customized though, so maybe I should paint some angel wings on there or something. HALLELUJAH kind of has to be written at least one place on the suit, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28116 on: February 04, 2016, 04:13:50 pm »

Standard variants are certainly tanky enough to act as a distraction, even moreso than battlesuits.  It's nearly impossible to one-hit or two-hit kill them (except for space magic, of course), and the things that can one-hit kill them are going to be extremely obviously super powerful.  They're not as fast as *fast* things, but probably faster than battlesuits, so wading into melee is certainly an option.  Literally wading could be quite effective, because the entire surface can be lethally electrified,

Mobility variants are still pretty tough, but they can be 2-hit killed if the enemy has the right weapons.  They're much faster, nearly as fast as an Mk.III, and they have no reduction in strength (unless it's a HRB), so you can chase down and smash most anything that might run from you.  You could even try to use the flight to attract fire, and then dodge, but with only +1 or +2 aux that might not go so well.

Regardless of what you do, all current assaultsuit variants are versatile enough that even if you pick the wrong role, you probably won't do too badly.  All of them can outrun humans, so a gladiator role can work, all of them are dextrous enough to perform surgery, so being a medic is an option, all of them are tough enough to soak a few shots, so being a tank or confronting strong opponents is about as safe as that role can be.  You can even fit through doors, and have the strength to smash through basically anything that you might want to have a door.

Just do whatever you enjoy doing.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28117 on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:04 pm »

The Worst Medic in an assaultsuit? Fits like a fist into eye.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: February 04, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »

The First, Worst Hope of Humanity. Kind of like ARM itself.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: February 04, 2016, 04:20:36 pm »

Well aparently they fit quite well based on what happened to my first char.

Also, could some one with better wiki knowledge then me put my makeshift exo suit on the player market for 2 tokens? Or do  I have to waig till I'm done with the current mission?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: February 04, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »

So, where could Trier get a two token loan in order to finally buy a crystalline projector?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28121 on: February 04, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »

I need a wiki gnome because I have no idea how formatting works on there; Selling a Gauss pistol loaded with mauler rounds (which I got as mission equipment, yay free market!), for one token, with the description "Probably not better than a blaster pistol, but much cooler."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: February 04, 2016, 05:08:56 pm »

Standard variants are certainly tanky enough to act as a distraction, even moreso than battlesuits.  It's nearly impossible to one-hit or two-hit kill them (except for space magic, of course), and the things that can one-hit kill them are going to be extremely obviously super powerful.  They're not as fast as *fast* things, but probably faster than battlesuits, so wading into melee is certainly an option.  Literally wading could be quite effective, because the entire surface can be lethally electrified,

Mobility variants are still pretty tough, but they can be 2-hit killed if the enemy has the right weapons.  They're much faster, nearly as fast as an Mk.III, and they have no reduction in strength (unless it's a HRB), so you can chase down and smash most anything that might run from you.  You could even try to use the flight to attract fire, and then dodge, but with only +1 or +2 aux that might not go so well.

Regardless of what you do, all current assaultsuit variants are versatile enough that even if you pick the wrong role, you probably won't do too badly.  All of them can outrun humans, so a gladiator role can work, all of them are dextrous enough to perform surgery, so being a medic is an option, all of them are tough enough to soak a few shots, so being a tank or confronting strong opponents is about as safe as that role can be.  You can even fit through doors, and have the strength to smash through basically anything that you might want to have a door.

Just do whatever you enjoy doing.
This is all really reassuring. Benevolent Robot Overlord is here for all of your weak fleshling needs.

The First, Worst Hope of Humanity. Kind of like ARM itself.
Wow, that's pretty much perfect. Faith Valentine, Fist of ARM: Because if you've got a better idea we would really like to hear it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: February 04, 2016, 05:11:46 pm »

Get an upgraded Vanessa body so that you have a lot of limbs to play with when she activates her berserk mode? :P

An elemental infuser could go well. Use it with your SLMG to create enchanted weapons, or just bewitch pieces of buildings that you rip out and hit people with.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: February 04, 2016, 05:13:27 pm »

So, where could Trier get a two token loan in order to finally buy a crystalline projector?

Try the CSU
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 2205