Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494076 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27240 on: January 23, 2016, 11:35:39 am »

So. Mission up. Big question is.

Seeing as its a refugee planet by now, what do you think the loot'll be like?
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27241 on: January 23, 2016, 11:36:57 am »

Kinda hoping that just the chance of milno interfering is enough to deter them besides you don't kill a medic!
You say Abigail is a medic, and yet she has an amp...
She also has medifoam and a point in medicine.. 
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27242 on: January 23, 2016, 11:39:17 am »

So does Vanessa, I believe.

Well. Waterworld, eh :P

Someone who can dive should try it on the next mission.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27243 on: January 23, 2016, 11:41:04 am »

So does Vanessa, I believe.

Someone who can dive should try it on the next mission.
Wait so who is on this mission exactly?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27244 on: January 23, 2016, 11:41:47 am »

Everyone. Check onship thread, you'll get quite the surprise  :P

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27245 on: January 23, 2016, 11:42:52 am »

Did he just... oh, Piecewise. Administrating that rabble is going to be Fun for Hephaestians.
(Whether or not Maurice survives till that day, of course.)

Also, yay, new missions are announced! Now the trial needs to finish even more asap, doesn't it?..
(I sent a pm to Doomblade187, but I'm not sure when/if he'll be able to speak. Last post on 19th, last seen online ~30 hours ago.)
Shall we move on to Ulrich?

My reaction exactly. ;)

(Well, at least then it should have some interesting scavenged tech here and there!)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27246 on: January 23, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

So I've been looking at my prospective teammates, and noticed something odd. Hey, Swordsmith, what's up with the anklet in Hasala's locker? seems like it's never been used or tested in any way. Why? It's one of the old ones too...
Ah, that thing. I actually did test it a little, and wore it on a couple of missions, but it didn't seem to do anything. I asked PW about it in IRC a few times, and both times he'd forgotten what it was supposed to do. (He'd generated a new effect for it after the first time.) The second time he just straight up told me that according to the category symbol it was basically a paperweight compared to other Nyartifacts, and offered me a new one/a refund. I'm not interested in another Nyartifact, and given that the wiki gnomes are in charge of processing inventory changes at the moment, I feel guilty about refunding myself 3 tokens for an artifact that does nothing, especially when I've lost track of the IRC log of the conversation to justify it. Which is why I still have it, but it's sitting in my locker. Well, I might as well sell it now that I've explained it, I guess.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27247 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:40 am »

There is a UWM military presence there so we should at least find some weapons.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27248 on: January 23, 2016, 11:47:43 am »

Is it safe to assume the doctors fixed abigails lungs then?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27249 on: January 23, 2016, 12:20:00 pm »

ATH, you asked an ooc question in IC. Steve never called it a waterworld, NJW did. Steve said "the planet is mostly covered in water."

I'm putting you in charge of tinker on a provisional basis. The council will still be around to provide advice if you need it and I'm here if you have questions. Try to strike a good balance of not making completely overpowered stuff but also still letting people have fun.
So just to be clear, you consistently annoyed and frustrated the closest thing this universe has to God, and in return, he put you in charge? That's what's wrong with religions these days! They're too busy bickering amongst each other about the silliest things, when they could instead be throwing rocks at armored plating and yelling increasingly granular questions at God until it gives up and gives them divine authority.
"If i didn't have literally the patience and understanding of God (because I am He) your constant niggling questions wold be annoying. To give you some perspective, teach you a lesson about life, and hopefully encourage some growth in your understanding (which is what you seek) as well as growth as a person, I shall require you to answer these questions from now on. And I'll justget back to doing what i was doing before, which is everything. Literally everything." -God, probably.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27250 on: January 23, 2016, 12:22:40 pm »

ATH, you asked an ooc question in IC. Steve never called it a waterworld, NJW did. Steve said "the planet is mostly covered in water."

I'm putting you in charge of tinker on a provisional basis. The council will still be around to provide advice if you need it and I'm here if you have questions. Try to strike a good balance of not making completely overpowered stuff but also still letting people have fun.
So just to be clear, you consistently annoyed and frustrated the closest thing this universe has to God, and in return, he put you in charge? That's what's wrong with religions these days! They're too busy bickering amongst each other about the silliest things, when they could instead be throwing rocks at armored plating and yelling increasingly granular questions at God until it gives up and gives them divine authority.
"If i didn't have literally the patience and understanding of God (because I am He) your constant niggling questions wold be annoying. To give you some perspective, teach you a lesson about life, and hopefully encourage some growth in your understanding (which is what you seek) as well as growth as a person, I shall require you to answer these questions from now on. And I'll justget back to doing what i was doing before, which is everything. Literally everything." -God, probably.
Fuck uh.......Stasis dementia she made the word up!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27251 on: January 23, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »

To the OOC Nazi's, here is my view on OOC so as to explain why I might occasionally annoy you with ooc in a mission. If the OOC has nothing to do with a mission, or isnt immediately neccesary to a mission, I post it here in the OOC. But if Im trying to talk to fellow mission goers out of character in prep for current or future mission planning, I put it in the mission in brackets, so as to make sure my team mates see and respond to it.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27252 on: January 23, 2016, 12:52:56 pm »

To the OOC Nazi's, here is my view on OOC so as to explain why I might occasionally annoy you with ooc in a mission. If the OOC has nothing to do with a mission, or isnt immediately neccesary to a mission, I post it here in the OOC. But if Im trying to talk to fellow mission goers out of character in prep for current or future mission planning, I put it in the mission in brackets, so as to make sure my team mates see and respond to it.
works for me

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27253 on: January 23, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »

Crowd control with high-explosives. Now that is how you bake a cake.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27254 on: January 23, 2016, 02:08:21 pm »

There is a 14 year old girl with an amp and a known tendency to use it erratically on this mission.

Y'all are gonna be inviting the Lurker onto that planet, I think. Well, what better way to ensure a desire to evacuate quickly?
Pages: 1 ... 1815 1816 [1817] 1818 1819 ... 2205