Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491418 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27150 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:51 pm »

Ozarck. Vincent is talking to Dester ((Posting this here so the OOC-Nazis don't send me to a OOCentration camp))
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. i edited my last post in thread to reply. basically, I said "let's do it."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27151 on: January 22, 2016, 10:31:46 pm »

Reading through the xeno's of the ER-Verse.... Maybe we should see if we can save the Tembir. They haven't been hostile yet, and are about as technologically evolved as we were in the 80?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27152 on: January 22, 2016, 10:33:45 pm »

Reading through the xeno's of the ER-Verse.... Maybe we should see if we can save the Tembir. They haven't been hostile yet, and are about as technologically evolved as we were in the 80?
Good luck trying to convince Steve, his only goal is to save humanity as best he can.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27153 on: January 22, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »

Good luck trying to convince Steve, his only goal is to save humanity as best he can.
Easy answer, give them pointy sticks and send them to attack the people we're fighting. Boom, useful!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27154 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:12 pm »

I'm not sure if PW even remembers those things. But now would be a good time to make contact, I agree. (This isn't Star Trek, we don't have a prime directive. :P)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27155 on: January 22, 2016, 10:47:36 pm »

Easy answer, give them pointy sticks and send them to attack the people we're fighting. Boom, useful!
Except we're not really fighting any more. The universe is screwed. M26 is about finding a new one to live in.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27156 on: January 22, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »

I wonder if White Mask-ing the Lurker would actually work?

And/or trying that with the Altered.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27157 on: January 22, 2016, 10:54:12 pm »

It wouldn't. THe lurker is bigger than the universe. It isn't a consciousness that could be easily contained.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27158 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »

So...How big of a mask would we need?

More consciousness, more containment.  That's totally going to work.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27159 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

I considered the same thing, but how do we get the white mask to it without the lurker breaking it?

and you mean using an empty pokeball white mask right?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27160 on: January 22, 2016, 10:56:12 pm »

Summon them via waving a tantalizing piece of Origin tech under its metaphorical nose.  A Mk. I human with an amp.
Yes, empty mask.
Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27161 on: January 22, 2016, 10:58:47 pm »

Mask size doesn't matter much. What you need to control larger, more dangerous bodies is higher EXO. For something like Lurker, the only person we know of who might (and even that's a long shot) have enough EXO is the AM, who evidently isn't an option.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27162 on: January 22, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »

Hmm... maybe if we deathcubed the mask so its as resilient as a neutron star then accelerated it out of a matter saver...

then put it back in the matter saver once its caught, drop it in a pocket dimension... and break the dimensional generator...

Mask size doesn't matter much. What you need to control larger, more dangerous bodies is higher EXO. For something like Lurker, the only person we know of who might (and even that's a long shot) have enough EXO is the AM, who evidently isn't an option.
Empty mask Emp, we arent trying to control it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27163 on: January 22, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »

Xan, I edited my latest M26 post to tell Vanessa to text the Doctor, as we don't exactly keep tabs on the fellow.

As for thw white mask, note that teh Lurker, like other entities have in the past, is capable of possessing PCs, even multiple at once, and rewriting laws of the universe. hmm. I wonder why it doesn't simply create it's own new real estate instead of mashing other universes that are not to it's liking. oh well. Anyway, you would need a galaxy sized mask to even hope to 'contain' it, I bet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27164 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:34 pm »

How much of that is a function of its body, though?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 ... 2205