Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489779 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #27061 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »

Hey!  You ruined the trap!  Blank that, please!
why? I don't want people doing things like that for me. That's not okay.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #27062 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »

Exactly.  I don't use it often, but you make it public knowledge and everyone'll do it.  I always sanitize it after I'm done, so that it's harder to reverse-engineer.

-hints removed, Thank you Lenglon.-

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27063 on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:07 pm »

Dev, I really gotta wonder why you're so fixated on Lenglon.  Is she just an easy target, and her ire is pleasing?  Or is she somehow more offensive than other people?  I was under the impression you think her character development is completely self-serving, yet there's people who do that to a worse extent.  Saint, for instance, has had exactly zero character development that wasn't 100% in line with what I want.  Is it the fact that Lenglon is playing a furry that bugs you?  I'm honestly not trying to be offensive here, I just want a better understanding.Yeah, I guess I am being a bit of a jerk, syvarris.  Sorry.  Lenglon, I sincerely apologize for being rude to you.=Dev, I really gotta wonder why you're so fixated on Lenglon.  Is she just an easy target, and her ire is pleasing?  Or is she somehow more offensive than other people?  I was under the impression you think her character development is completely self-serving, yet there's people who do that to a worse extent.  Saint, for instance, has had exactly zero character development that wasn't 100% in line with what I want.  Is it the fact that Lenglon is playing a furry that bugs you?  I'm honestly not trying to be offensive here, I just want a better understanding.
wtf syv, thanks for the thought but thats underhanded and dishonorable.
No comprehenny. Going to use it as material for Dev-Lyra fanfic underway anyway. Gonna be a chapter with syvarris in.

Dressed as a nun.

For the first few pages, anyway.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27064 on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »

Exactly.  I don't use it often, but you make it public knowledge and everyone'll do it.  I always sanitize it after I'm done, so that it's harder to reverse-engineer.

Worse, I only use it for jokes, but it's applicable for far more.  PW, for instance ALWAYS quotes, but never proofreads--You want everyone to know how to rewrite PW's posts?
Worse than only you knowing how to? :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27065 on: January 21, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »

I can't be the only person who uses the "Preview" button... but fine. I cleansed it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27066 on: January 21, 2016, 06:29:52 pm »

Remind me to never quote syvaris lest I end up being post controlled and forced to do his dark munchkiny bidding.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27067 on: January 21, 2016, 06:31:23 pm »

Or you could just preview posts that quote him before you post. Is previewing not a thing people usually do?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27068 on: January 21, 2016, 06:38:14 pm »

Dev, I really gotta wonder why you're so fixated on Lenglon.  Is she just an easy target, and her ire is pleasing?  Or is she somehow more offensive than other people?  I was under the impression you think her character development is completely self-serving, yet there's people who do that to a worse extent.  Saint, for instance, has had exactly zero character development that wasn't 100% in line with what I want.  Is it the fact that Lenglon is playing a furry that bugs you?  I'm honestly not trying to be offensive here, I just want a better understanding.

A little bit because I find some of the actions particularly irritating, such as breaking into a forbidden area, dying, and then doing the exact same thing over again, and then blaming the death on someone else.  It's technically true, but it was entirely within her power to avoid what happened.  There's also dictating terms to RC by claiming he's going on a power trip...  and in doing so, going on one herself.

I was also irritated because I wanted to read about the trial, but it's several pages dealing with Lyra having to break in instead of asking for the proceedings to be recorded or something more reasonable.

Lastly, well, I know too many people with disfiguring injuries to have that much sympathy for 'No, I can't act like a human, even if it saves my life.'  Tell me that after you lose a limb, or after you end up crippled because you didn't take care of your feet.

At the end of the day, giving people a hard time over your personal obsessions is either acceptable or it isn't.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27069 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:12 pm »

Or you could just preview posts that quote him before you post. Is previewing not a thing people usually do?
What's previewing do?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27071 on: January 21, 2016, 06:41:05 pm »

It shows the post as it will appear. The button is literally right next to 'post' on the Post Reply page.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27072 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:39 pm »

Teach me ypur ways syv Sempai? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27073 on: January 21, 2016, 06:44:32 pm »

Well, it's a silly business anyway, what with the ease of fakery and denial in this technological day and age. Anyway, I'll be off, going to rank my toenail clipping collection by size, instead of chronologically. It's going to be such a fun evening.
I quite agree, you know.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27074 on: January 21, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

Teach me ypur ways syv Sempai? =P
easiest way to learn is to catch him doing it. I have the ability to do the same stunt now, though I don't plan on using it.
Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 2205