Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485345 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25185 on: December 02, 2015, 09:17:34 pm »

M21 actually improved the game greatly!
All that 'spacemagic solving all problems' nonsense made combat really dang boring. Long live the Age of Dakka!
Praise be to Maurice, for delivering us from boredom! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25186 on: December 02, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »

You made the game more Fun, and for that I thanks you, but I really can't see how you can say Maurice didn't fuck up royally. :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25187 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:42 pm »

I feel a need to join the chorus saying "Nik!  We don't blame you!  Don't feel bad."  That said, I am very pissed that this happened right when we finished the Space Magic Facility, but I'm not pissed at you, Nik.  I don't really see how things could have gone better, although charging towards the alien death god wasn't a great idea.

Also, the mission shouldn't be marked as a 'failure' or 'disaster' or anything.  It's not over yet, because we haven't recovered the people who were present, nor have we declared them dead.  We'll decide what to call the mission when the team gets debriefed; any sooner, and we're just making arbitrary statements which PW very well might overrule.

Lastly. yeah, killing space magic really improved the game.  Good job, Nik.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25188 on: December 02, 2015, 10:23:18 pm »

well its not like we cant fill the space magic facility with different, less lurkerfied forms of space magic...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25189 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:35 pm »

Sure, but all the careful work we put into it, and all the special materials are wasted.  We had human cloning vats, Cthulu's left testicle, special spears for stabbing said testicle, a significant portion of a planet... What are those things going to be useful for now?

...Actually, what is the status of that facility, now?  Suddenly I'm very happy that we decided not to build the SMF directly on Heph's surface. O.O

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25190 on: December 03, 2015, 12:18:43 am »

The facility still works, probably. The only problem with amps and manipulators is that they are more unpredictable and tend to overheat with Lurker the more that are used. So producing them is still useful, especially as a weapon on disposable assets that won't stay active for long. Just not as something that you want working for long.

Unless it requires manipulators to work, but then you have the anvil problem: how was the first manipulator constructed if you need a manipulator to build a manipulator? Therefore it should be possible to build manips without using manipulators.

Edit: Although I guess producing manipulators could be enough to attract the lurker. Probably a question for piecewise/the doc.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25191 on: December 03, 2015, 12:25:16 am »

Remember it's not just manipulators that's screwy, it's all origin tech. I'm not an expert but the facility probably counts as origin tech.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25192 on: December 03, 2015, 12:40:06 am »

Eh Maurice's player made things more interesting and I personally like Maurice as a character greatly I believe they couldent have changed much the way things were going but it did damage the enemy so good job Nik I can say confidently that I like Maurice and Abigail might like him.  my character got the last amp you can buy  I'm hoping someone tells her space magic is more unstable maybe Steve should tell all people on ship that like an announcement because Lyra and quite a few others have amps if I'm not mistaken
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:17:15 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25193 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:50 am »

It was totally announced. Hence no gravity on-ship.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25194 on: December 03, 2015, 04:43:26 am »

PW told me that it was reduced to some kind of debris belt.  He also said things would have been much, much worse if it was completed first.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25195 on: December 03, 2015, 08:04:14 am »

Uh, thank you for your generous support, friends. I honestly did not expect that. :)

I guess it's time I drop being over-defensive in regards to the matter in question... Thank you. That really means something to me.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25196 on: December 03, 2015, 08:16:53 am »

Glad that's cleared up.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25197 on: December 03, 2015, 09:22:32 am »

Uh, thank you for your generous support, friends. I honestly did not expect that. :)

I guess it's time I drop being over-defensive in regards to the matter in question... Thank you. That really means something to me.
no problem
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25198 on: December 03, 2015, 10:22:03 am »

There are no failures, only new opportunities....for suffering.

IN unrelated news, if you had to be a scientist who examined and researched anomalous artifacts, what kind of tools and rooms would you want in your facility?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25199 on: December 03, 2015, 10:23:01 am »

Running shoes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 2205