Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490632 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24555 on: November 07, 2015, 11:39:21 am »

Arranger basically ruins my design for alternative mindfuck weapon. I bet it got a bullet for fucking with someone's mind.

Pocket Dimension seems fun. Toss your wounded teammates into the pocket dimension which also stores assload of medical equipment.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:41:38 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24556 on: November 07, 2015, 12:54:05 pm »

D'awww. I was still hoping for an Alien Pyramid (M1) replicated Exo-weapon. It's one of the most iconic recovered artifact weapons in the whole HMRC arsenal.
Shoot bolts of force and lightning with [Exo] rolls! And risk your arm being pulped on a bad roll.
Never gets old.  :D

(Piecewise, maybe you'll consider adding it next time? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?.. )

Also: Non-jump-point FTL travel possibility. Good, good.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24557 on: November 07, 2015, 01:43:34 pm »

Too many things, not enough tokens.

Really looking forward to the white mask, solid light generator, demigod touch, weevil gun and pocket dimensions.

not that im probably going to have the skills to use all of them, but whatever.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24558 on: November 07, 2015, 01:56:24 pm »

That PDF isn't working for some reason.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24559 on: November 07, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

Works fine for me.  Must be your setup.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24560 on: November 07, 2015, 02:02:29 pm »

Btw Nunzillor, you won't get kin amp and MFM, but you probably know it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24561 on: November 07, 2015, 02:06:27 pm »

I was pretty positive I wouldn't get the MFM, but wasn't sure about the kin amp.  Oh well.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24562 on: November 07, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

Yeah, kin amps are Origin tech too. Apparently.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24563 on: November 07, 2015, 02:16:21 pm »

What, you mean, my phone?
FWIW, both Drive and Kindle choked on it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24564 on: November 07, 2015, 02:16:47 pm »

Shouldn't be more hazardous than the Tesla Saber or Plasma Projector though.

Nunzillor

« Reply #24565 on: November 07, 2015, 02:29:17 pm »

What, you mean, my phone?
FWIW, both Drive and Kindle choked on it.
Try downloading the dropbox application and try again.  Works fine on my Android phone.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24566 on: November 07, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »

@Irony: Tokens are effectively a measure of a person's trust. But since going back and counting all the tokens you've received would be hard, you could instead use a "Net Worth"  metric: How many mission's worth of tokens and equipment someone has. Or if you want some efficiency metric, you could do Net Worth divided by Missions to get a token per mission count. Or maybe use a counter for all freaky body-altering stuff that has happened to that person and how many weird stuff they are carrying.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24567 on: November 07, 2015, 07:21:04 pm »

Ooh, I likey the golden bauble thing. I'll need to get one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24568 on: November 07, 2015, 08:20:10 pm »

Yeah, that could work.
Speaking of, how did you make that chart?
Paint.

More specifically, I drew the diagonals, measured out bars of three pixels going horizontally on one side, and then used the circle tool to produce concentric rings that slotted in correctly on each side.

I remember proposing this sort of thing ten millionty billionty years ago.
Yeah, that's why I decided to try out this style this time. It does seem more concise than my old block methods, though I'd have to get a full page of them to really see how intuitive it reads.

@Irony: Tokens are effectively a measure of a person's trust. But since going back and counting all the tokens you've received would be hard, you could instead use a "Net Worth"  metric: How many mission's worth of tokens and equipment someone has. Or if you want some efficiency metric, you could do Net Worth divided by Missions to get a token per mission count. Or maybe use a counter for all freaky body-altering stuff that has happened to that person and how many weird stuff they are carrying.
Raw token count was one idea I had for gear, yeah; it's imprecise as hell, but again, the more useful the answer gets the harder it becomes to objectively represent on a graph.

I like the idea of a mutation graph or Veterancy Count or something, but I fear it'd suffer from similar issues where newbies are +0 ("Cool a spaceship!"), anyone who's been on a mission is +1 ("I'm still human but I've SEEN SOME SHIT"), robobodies are +2 ("Greetings meatsack, enjoy your brief time in that fragile shell"), synth and most weird-ass shit is +3 ("Well this is relatively unique"), and then the truly bizarre is +4 ("I wouldn't recommend this except for the all the limitless power it grants").

Maybe raw mission count has more value than I'm giving it credit for.

Ooh, I likey the golden bauble thing. I'll need to get one.
Problem: Average ARM attention span is probably lower and attraction to shinies is probably higher than the average whatever we're fighting.

Which I mean, I guess for you is a convenient way to distract allies while you eat them, but still probably runs the risk of becoming victim to your own ploy. Also Miya will get jealous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24569 on: November 07, 2015, 08:28:13 pm »

Oh don't worry, I just need it to distract myself in a way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 2205