Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488614 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24465 on: November 05, 2015, 07:57:50 pm »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24466 on: November 05, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »

... Hey, wait a minute, how does Abigail know about the pill machine thing?
Theres surely some kind of map and it surely had a pill symbol and she has some medical experience she knows somewhat what shes doing
Nooooooot.  Really.
That thing is esotech, not anything normal.
eh that seems weird you think they would realize people who can't read would be thrown on the ship but eh the armory master replacement guy would have told her.
ATH, Abigail seems to have knowledge of the pill machine, amps, and other semi-hidden information that normally comes with major disclaimers, without a explanation of how she got said info nor the disclaimers on their use. but doesn't know basic information that anyone would tell her (that Lyra is sentient)?

That seems inconsistant, that the only time she doesn't know something is when knowledge might / would dissuade her from doing something that could harm a teammate.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24467 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »

I'm of the opinion that Abigail should never have been amped.  If that is accepted, I'm willing to accept her knowing about the pill machine.  And mostly only because I kind of want to see what will happen.

Hey, did she even have money for an amp to begin with...?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24468 on: November 05, 2015, 08:04:13 pm »

I can sympathize, I did that stuff all the time back when. Remember the 'I can't read' braintext fiasco, Lenglon?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24469 on: November 05, 2015, 08:05:32 pm »

... Hey, wait a minute, how does Abigail know about the pill machine thing?
Theres surely some kind of map and it surely had a pill symbol and she has some medical experience she knows somewhat what shes doing
Nooooooot.  Really.
That thing is esotech, not anything normal.
eh that seems weird you think they would realize people who can't read would be thrown on the ship but eh the armory master replacement guy would have told her.
ATH, Abigail seems to have knowledge of the pill machine, amps, and other semi-hidden information that normally comes with major disclaimers, without a explanation of how she got said info nor the disclaimers on their use. but doesn't know basic information that anyone would tell her (that Lyra is sentient)?

That seems inconsistant, that the only time she doesn't know something is when knowledge might / would dissuade her from doing something that could harm a teammate.
well no one in character told her anything through the entire encounter with you flint and that other guy she knows nothing about you besides your a big cat and she has nothing in her background that tells her your not a normal cat besides a stuffed toy the reason she knows a lot is mainly backstory or the armory master telling her things.
I'm of the opinion that Abigail should never have been amped.  If that is accepted, I'm willing to accept her knowing about the pill machine.  And mostly only because I kind of want to see what will happen.

Hey, did she even have money for an amp to begin with...?
yeah it was the first thing she bought then she bought 2 cans of medifoam 1 token and has 1 token left.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24470 on: November 05, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

... Wait, did she BUY the amp and then not actually INSTALL it?

Uh, Abigail never really ICly interacted with the AM, let's keep the Handwavium to a minimum here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24471 on: November 05, 2015, 08:12:57 pm »

Uh, Abigail never really ICly interacted with the AM, let's keep the Handwavium to a minimum here.
she went to the medbay and had it installed so yes it's inside her and she can use it.

And the armory master was like the second  person she talked to on ship actually she tried briefly to talk to mycroft then she went to the armory and ended up talking and buying the amp from her.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24472 on: November 05, 2015, 08:14:27 pm »

she went to the medbay and had it installed so yes it's inside her and she can use it.

And the armory master was like the second  person she talked to on ship actually she tried briefly to talk to mycroft then she went to the armory and ended up talking and buying the amp from her.
But... Doctor phobia...
Does not compute, m'kay?
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24473 on: November 05, 2015, 08:16:13 pm »

But... Doctor phobia...
Does not compute, m'kay?
it was around 3 minutes after she got out of stasis that she did that if anything can be reasonably called space dementia its that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24474 on: November 05, 2015, 08:18:40 pm »

Ooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  But seriously though, if you have to scramble to justify stuff with stasis dementia, that should be a hint.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24475 on: November 05, 2015, 08:26:38 pm »

Ooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  But seriously though, if you have to scramble to justify stuff with stasis dementia, that should be a hint.
I mean roughly waking up to what to her seems like a few minutes after her parents death being thrust into a bizare situation and if i recall the armory master told her to go to the medbay to install it she just blindly followed orders being the most confused in her life plus -1mind shes not a genius certainly and it takes a bit lonher to get her bearings even now she doesn't completely got ahold of them

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24476 on: November 05, 2015, 08:31:46 pm »

*tap-dances*

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24477 on: November 05, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »

-1 mind
amps
goes to medbay without complaint for brain surgery
reacts violently to being told to go there for a basic checkup about fainting spells
knows of pill machine
knows how to use pill machine (see -1 mind)
hasn't talked to anyone who has used pill machine about previous uses.
doesn't know the difference between Lyra and a cat
does know that cat's aren't considered intelligent.
doesn't know using VR machines is unusual behavior for a cat
doesn't know using VR machines is a sign of intelligence
does know what VR machines are
information source is AM
AM routinely puts out disclaimers on dangerous equipment
doesn't know disclaimers (including ones on Amp use)

do you see why it seems like what your character does and doesn't know or understand is being manipulated specifically to enable harming others "by accident"?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24478 on: November 05, 2015, 08:55:22 pm »

-1 mind
amps
goes to medbay without complaint for brain surgery
reacts violently to being told to go there for a basic checkup about fainting spells
knows of pill machine
knows how to use pill machine (see -1 mind)
hasn't talked to anyone who has used pill machine about previous uses.
doesn't know the difference between Lyra and a cat
does know that cat's aren't considered intelligent.
doesn't know using VR machines is unusual behavior for a cat
doesn't know using VR machines is a sign of intelligence
does know what VR machines are
information source is AM
AM routinely puts out disclaimers on dangerous equipment
doesn't know disclaimers (including ones on Amp use)

do you see why it seems like what your character does and doesn't know or understand is being manipulated specifically to enable harming others "by accident"?
Sigtext

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24479 on: November 05, 2015, 09:10:37 pm »

@Lenglon I think you're being a little too harsh here. But... the list is strange, indeed.

Well, it's not our place to judge another person's RPing/storytelling skills, is it? Especially if the character in question explicitly has the debilitating -1 Mind. I guess 'strange, incomprehensible, irrational behavior' (to outside observers, on occasions) is very much IC here.
As much as I generally detest it (I love overcomplicating things), I think it's high time to break out Hanlon's razor from the Armory (no offense implied). Sometimes a banana self-contradictory behaviour is just a banana self-contradictory behaviour.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 ... 2205