Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489731 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #23085 on: October 08, 2015, 11:59:15 pm »

Actually....i based my stats on her personality and backstory. And i spent a while trying to adjust stats that would fit making charcters survivable that's what skill points are for but i plan to fix her worst stats after surviving first mission
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: October 09, 2015, 12:02:29 am »

I would have been totally fine with that outcome. But then I wouldn't have change to use the question coupon...
Well you didn't see the other roll, so you may want to ask quickly~

I would if I had the coupon with me and connection with Steve.

Ooh, maybe QEC will work now!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: October 09, 2015, 12:15:35 am »

it's not actually dangerous venom, it's painkillers and a coag booster. and if you want to run a panicky confused character then please stay confused long enough to not install the murder-your-teammates-amp until after you get your head together.
she actually went to the med bay to ask them to install it and they did she only did that because she did not know how to install it safetly before you ask she mainly panicked becuase 1 she has a weapon she dosent get power much 2you were trying to force her to do something 3 her intense hatred or fear of doctor's (yes she has medical skill she has that because she treated herself whenever she got injured on her home planet 4 she was in a surreal place 5 she met an anthromorphised cat. 6 she felt cornered and surrounded 7 shes a little traumatised from what happened back on the homeworld

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: October 09, 2015, 12:17:28 am »

so she pointed a loaded gun at the heads of people that were trying to help her and pulled the trigger.

sorry, no, still completely unjustified.

and what I was saying is "how did she learn about Amps and get one in the first place if she didn't have at least a basic understanding of her situation?"
installing an amp requires brain surgery.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:46 am »

so she pointed a loaded gun at the heads of people that were trying to help her and pulled the trigger.

sorry, no, still completely unjustified.

and what I was saying is "how did she learn about Amps and get one in the first place if she didn't have at least a basic understanding of her situation?"
installing an amp requires brain surgery.
She understands what an amp is she dosent know how to safely install one and frankly she trusts flat out noone who haven't proven themselves to her...she's not intending to kill you she's hoping you jump away but she figures you should only get minor burns if you still try and drag her to the medical bay...burn wounds especially light ones were extremly normal so she assumes you shrug it off in about 2 minutes and she can run and ask the armory master to save her and she believes the doctors will kill her and rip out her lungs
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:39:49 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: October 09, 2015, 12:54:19 am »

...and she believes the doctors will kill her and rip out her lungs
And they didn't do this earlier when she let them put her under total anesthesia and perform brain surgery on her?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: October 09, 2015, 01:00:06 am »

She was in shock  from when she fell out of that pod to slowly coming out of it when she talked to the armory master then she went to the medbay with her amp and knowing this place immediately asked for assistance and then got knocked out and the amp put inside her she started coming out of shock after it got installed and then she went back into shock upon seeing a giant cat and think of it this way she firmly believes your trying to kill her and she just as according to her action give you minor burns or just drive you back minor burns being ridiculously common for her
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:12:34 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: October 09, 2015, 01:24:00 am »

stasis dementia.

tis' the only explanation.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: October 09, 2015, 01:32:04 am »

She was in shock  from when she fell out of that pod to slowly coming out of it when she talked to the armory master then she went to the medbay with her amp and knowing this place immediately asked for assistance and then got knocked out and the amp put inside her she started coming out of shock after it got installed and then she went back into shock upon seeing a giant cat and think of it this way she firmly believes your trying to kill her and she just as according to her action give you minor burns or just drive you back minor burns being ridiculously common for her

Well, that's nice. What our characters see is a scared child who seems timid for a short while then goes completely bonkers for inexplicable reasons. While it's exactly the sort of thing an unstable child will do, it seriously erodes patience. On a meta-level, you seemed to want your character to make some friends, and as soon as people seemed to be friendly, you make Abby act nutso without any explanation, which, again, erodes patience. Maybe, if you want to retcon, drop abby's cha to - 2, because she certainly acts like a disaster at human interaction.

Best solution right now, though, is to just take a step back and stop arguing over the motivations of a certifiably insane character. ER has handled them before, for example with TCM, but in those cases the players of the crazy characters do a better job of not getting all worked up in their character while OOC. I've also seen people be jerks OOC because they care strongly about their character, and we can't have that.

For what it's worth, I think that, with practice, you will be better at RP and can make a believably crazy person that the rest of the players can reasonably play with. With practice.

Inb4 stasis dementia ah dammit too late

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:54 am »

Actually....i based my stats on her personality and backstory. And i spent a while trying to adjust stats that would fit making charcters survivable that's what skill points are for but i plan to fix her worst stats after surviving first mission

That's what got my first character, Irling Ragnar, jr., killed. I  chose  to devote my precious points to charisma, rather than anything practical, to fit his sleazy politician backstory. First casualty of mission 20, bisected by a giant fungus monster.

Nunzillor

« Reply #23095 on: October 09, 2015, 01:52:46 am »

I want to try a charisma character build sometime.  Perhaps after Eddie bites the bullet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:08 am »

maybe you should practice roleplaying with a less complicated character. Otherwise, all we're getting here is "lol, I'm so random. Look at how random I am, lol." Also, before you roleplay an unstable, psychotic, fickle, and narcoleptic teenager with a chip on her shoulder and no concept of or respect for other people's personal space, you ought to practice with punctuation.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: October 09, 2015, 08:13:16 am »

I mean, it's great to increase the diversity of our roster, but if you wanna get a crash course in how ER normally goes, I suggest you roll up some sort of grunt character, likely Con, that's aroundabout the least dangerous and most versatile of the big three attack skills, or if you want to practice your roleplaying, I would suggest a support character, Aux Or Handi, perhaps, Med is an alright choice, too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: October 09, 2015, 08:53:45 am »

maybe you should practice roleplaying with a less complicated character. Otherwise, all we're getting here is "lol, I'm so random. Look at how random I am, lol." Also, before you roleplay an unstable, psychotic, fickle, and narcoleptic teenager with a chip on her shoulder and no concept of or respect for other people's personal space, you ought to practice with punctuation.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23099 on: October 09, 2015, 10:30:09 am »

Punctuation is becuase im writing on my phone and if i appeared jerky on the occ thread im sorry i was not trying to be rude i argue and debate all the time but i did not know some people find that  rude and abigail does actually have medic skill so i can definitely use her like a support character,abigail appeared random? She's gonnah be more consistent in the way she act's if she survives as for being crazy i see her as unstable and untrusting and in her mind you were trying to kill her by her logic she should be trying to kill you but she dosent exactly want that so she is trying to drive you off.she does have a personality and that showed more when she was talking to milno and others but when she saw you and you blew her little mind hence huge overexitement hence passout hence she acts a little bit normal right before they try and take her to the doctor hence her trying to talk them out of it and panicking that none of her attempts are working so normally shes polite and a little shy but she can panic and then she gets more heartless and the side of her personality that allowed her to survive on her home is more pronounced. Shes not crazy yet but she's traumatised from her life on her homeworld and more panicky then usual and unstable becuase of her parents death which probably feels like it happened a few moments ago
I do have concrete personality traits assigned to her shes not random you  just haven't seen her whole personality no one just has one side to them but i want you to know it is really fun debating with you and i got ideas to make this character more survivable and she is definitely gonna start being more relaxed on ship when she feels like no one wants to murder her onboard or at least the majority don't care so i think im also gonnah use that amp experience for abigail to not panic as quickly so this was a wonderful discussion and if you want to continue we will talk in a more civilized manner then last night :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:33:58 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
Pages: 1 ... 1538 1539 [1540] 1541 1542 ... 2205