Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487715 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22350 on: September 21, 2015, 04:49:19 pm »

scurry over to comrades stuff, grab it, then scurry back to fellow union members
DIBS FOR THE UNION!
Spazyak, can I commend you on your excellent and quickthinking democratic unionist action?

Thing is, stuff from dead peeps goes to the team fund normally, unless a will was made public before their death. So, Comrade, did you make a will before your char's untimely death?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:35 pm »

Thing is, stuff from dead peeps goes to the team fund normally, unless a will was made public before their death. So, Comrade, did you make a will before your char's untimely death?

Hm. No, let all her stuff go to Team Fund.
Also, what exactly happened? Some events of utter importance certainly slipped my attention. Last time I checked I tried to get the heck outta briefing room with doom arms guy making a mess.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:58:26 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: September 21, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »

Now the question is, does a postmortem will override the right of Habeus The Lootus?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: September 21, 2015, 04:59:06 pm »

Also, what exactly happened? Some events of utter importance certainly slipped my attention. Last time I checked I tried to get the heck outta briefing room with doom arms guy making a mess.

This happened:

I just needed to know the names for the end rolls.

Comrade p [1-1]

Comrade, Your character explodes into gibbets. That -1 Endurance was probably not the best idea. Permadead. I am sorry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

...This can't be the first time being on-mission was safer than being on-ship.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22355 on: September 21, 2015, 05:02:02 pm »

Uh-uh. Thanks for info Radio.
And like that all the family of Vetrovs met a shitty end after a wild ride for a life.
I'll go doodle up a new character, and I'd like to keep that spot on M24 to his name.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:04:20 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: September 21, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »

Sigh. Rules, schmules, there's more to life. Smoke some reefers bro, jerk off, catch some waves, do whatever you do to relax, and just, like, think about life, everything... there's so much out there, there's no point worrying about petty details, I mean man, it blows your mind... you know what I mean? Just, chill out and don't worry about a thing, you know?

Why not let life take it's course. Some tokens go to the union, some to the team fund... it's all zen, man?
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22357 on: September 21, 2015, 05:04:37 pm »

@Comrade: All your characters had very well thought out and well written back-stories. And they both died after going on one mission... which was the same mission. Maybe going for something simpler with less thought behind it will help change your luck?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22358 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »

Or just roll with it and make a suicide bomber.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:25 pm »

Yeah, but then he'll end up having no backstory while PW decides to let a group of people chat about their lives in a shuttle spinning towards the sun for a bit, and it'll just be terrible and awkward. You really can't win.

EDIT: Must really be missing some great discussion on Tinker, should find a way to get on there that doesn't break character.

You think this works like this? If yes, cost and size of the package? Any other comments or restrictions?[/b]
Hemm hem.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:08:08 pm by NJW2000 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: September 21, 2015, 05:09:25 pm »

The Infinite Heavens has more room for roleplaying, and that is my outlet. I have an idea for a character for ER in mind. I don't like the concept of a character with sketchy background, so expect another cool story.

And I will stand with my decision. Rimma's Stuff goes to team fund. Or I could put it for sale on Player Market for discount prices so the tokens will come to team fund.

EDIT: Can somebody help me out with deleting category on wiki page? I switched category in source editor, it is still around.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:18:50 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22361 on: September 21, 2015, 05:14:54 pm »

Sigh. Rules, schmules, there's more to life. Smoke some reefers bro, jerk off, catch some waves, do whatever you do to relax, and just, like, think about life, everything... there's so much out there, there's no point worrying about petty details, I mean man, it blows your mind... you know what I mean? Just, chill out and don't worry about a thing, you know?

Why not let life take it's course. Some tokens go to the union, some to the team fund... it's all zen, man?

Protip: Miya has explicitly stated IC that a pre-existing will means the team fund won't claim things, so if you were to, oh I'm just saying, make it a rule that people joining the union agree to have their stuff donated to said union upon their timely demise, and make sure chars joining it acknowledge beforehand that being the case (aka they can agree conscientiously) and then inform Miya about it, you could handily get the results you want entirely within the rules. And it'd be another incentive for peeps to join your union. Make the bureaucracy work for you!

After all, he set up the rule to mostly to prevent fighting or squabble over looting rights and ensure valuable tokens or gear don't get wasted, not to deny people mortgaging their stuff. So one can also, say, agree person X gets person A's stuff on death (eg as insurance for person X to lend person A some tokens).

(Of course, overriding might occur in case of dangerous artifacts or other public health hazards and such).

Also, don't do drugs kids, etc etc.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #22362 on: September 21, 2015, 05:16:03 pm »

That's a point, I still need to do the personal info for my backup character.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: September 21, 2015, 05:16:35 pm »

That guy was in the union?

This is clearly discrimination. I must lodge a complaint.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: September 21, 2015, 05:21:29 pm »

That guy was in the union?

This is clearly discrimination. I must lodge a complaint.

Comrade? Dunno, just a general hint.

Though yes, his gear will probably be sold on the player market at discount prizes, to get tokens in the fund and more gear into people's hands.

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 2205