Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487380 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20970 on: August 12, 2015, 05:12:06 am »

Quote from: Miyamoto
"Attention all troops, there is an active manip overload on the lower levels, so we are getting the hell outta here. Grab hold of Flint or Dubley and remove any irises or obstructions on your way up. And maybe aim some ordnance down the shaft as well, in case that robot is following you still. Vanessa, you'll probably have to climb, you're kinda heavy. Oh, and we'll be bombing the site pretty soon, so I suggest you all enter a shuttle and have that shuttle fly low northeast until we can be sure we've destroyed their AA."
"Vanessa, you'll probably have to climb, you're kinda heavy."
"Vanessa, you're kinda heavy."
"You should probably leave me behind and save yourselves, I'm too fat to keep up. Go! Go, and remember how I lived, not how I died. Run you fools!"

That can be arranged.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: August 12, 2015, 05:15:53 am »

Steve pulled people out of the elevator shaft, which means you probably shouldn't be in such hurry back in.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: August 12, 2015, 05:19:58 am »

Wait, then how the hell are we supposed to evacuate? If we can't get up the elevator shaft then there's no way up to the top level.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: August 12, 2015, 05:23:46 am »

"Attention all troops, there is an active manip overload on the lower levels, so we are getting the hell outta here. Grab hold of Flint or Dubley and remove any irises or obstructions on your way up. And maybe aim some ordnance down the shaft as well, in case that robot is following you still. Vanessa, you'll probably have to climb, you're kinda heavy. Oh, and we'll be bombing the site pretty soon, so I suggest you all enter a shuttle and have that shuttle fly low northeast until we can be sure we've destroyed their AA."
"You should probably leave me behind and save yourselves, I'm too fat to keep up. Go! Go, and remember how I lived, not how I died. Run you fools!"

That can be arranged.
Says the guy who was too fat to even come on the mission :P
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: August 12, 2015, 05:27:44 am »

That can be arranged.
Says the guy who was too fat to even come on the mission :P

Did you join Toaster's little fat-shaming club?

Anyway, PW never said I couldn't come due to size (the battlesuit didn't have any space problems), I stayed behind so others could do a mission (there were more volunteers than spots in the beginning, though two people or so dropped just before mission start). And because I had Hep work to do (what with most Hepheads being in coma, on mission or doing what seems like active sabotage).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20975 on: August 12, 2015, 05:36:01 am »

Given that during most of my time as fleshwarper Xan I weighed several tons, I'm both a target and part of the fat shaming club, yeah :P

And I know you stayed behind to let other people go and ensure that PW wouldn't have to ratchet up the difficulty in response to you and get everyone else mulched - I was making a bad joke because listening to backstreet boys while eating excessive amounts of raw tomatoes at 3:30 in the morning doesn't really enhance your humour skills.

Man, too bad I never got to really stay on Heph. I had ideas for stuff I could do there.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: August 12, 2015, 06:56:35 am »

perhaps I could do mission 16-18
I can do 13-15.

I should have mentioned that you make arrangements through Radio Controlled. Uh ... he's posted here a few times since, so I am gonna go ahead and assume he got this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: August 12, 2015, 06:59:27 am »

I'll go note it down on the wiki, just a sec.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: August 12, 2015, 07:04:37 am »

Know what skulls would be scary on an Arbiter? how about rabbit skull? Or worse - now bear with me a moment - baby skull?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: August 12, 2015, 07:06:40 am »

If Arbiters had rocket weapons, I reckon they'd be dead ringers for those monsters near the end of "time bandits". Anyone here savvy?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: August 12, 2015, 07:08:45 am »

Spazycat, twinwolf, can you guys confirm whether you'll be doing the missions you claimed? To prevent things being claimed and not being worked on. And what ETA would you have?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: August 12, 2015, 07:13:02 am »

I can confirm, and I probably won't have time to start until later today, but it shouldn't be much of a problem from there. I'll give an ETA after I start and get a feel for the pace.

Also, are we supposed to do the summary, the synopsis, or both? As far as I understand, the Summary is shorter, and describes the mission, the main obstacles, and the results, while the synopsis is more in-depth, including most of the problems that happened and how they were dealt with.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:16:42 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: August 12, 2015, 07:31:46 am »

You do both, unless one is already done on the wiki (16, 17 and 18 need both, m15 has a synopsis that might be fine, 13 synopsis could probably be expanded, and 14 needs both.. Synopsis is a short, one or two paragraph (say about five to ten sentences, maybe less for the sorter missions) description of the mission at large. read the ones already present here to get a feel for that.

Mission summaries go on the individual pages, and contain a description of the major events that happen during the mission, including notable obstacles, curious side bits, and the like. check the links from the synopsis page, read a couple at least, and get a feel from that what yours could be like. For a variety of missions, feel free to read m6, 8, 9a and 9b. Each of these missions faced unique situations and each had unique goals, so you should get a fairly broad range of understanding from them. I penned them all, so if you want authorial variety, read some form one through five in place of six and ... 9b, perhaps. M2 and 5 are good ones to start with.

I will remain available for advice and critiques, if you like. Feel free to pm me or ask here, and get other opinions as well :D

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: August 12, 2015, 07:36:10 am »

Synopsis goes on the mission's main page, and summary gets it's own page, is that right?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: August 12, 2015, 08:16:47 am »

Like this: Synopsis goes on this page.
Click on big header for mission 16 (for example), and Summary for Mission 16 goes on this page. ... Good Lord, look at the size of the summary on there already. wow. Talk to R C about how he wants that one handled - edit, shorten, rewrite, or leave alone.

here, check out M 9a for a shorter summary, under the proper heading, with some additional mission relevant information following the summary. Note that the summary is four paragraphs, and the mission was 44 pages long. this was the shortest of the missions I did, which averaged about 150 pp each in length. Yours, Twinwolf, are 40, 45, and 89, so, this length is probably appropriate for two of them, and perhaps a bit more can be said on the longer one.

Spazyak's missions are 23, 33, and 72 pages, so the summaries might be a bit shorter, depending on certain other factors.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:42:58 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 2205