Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495565 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #20340 on: July 17, 2015, 06:32:51 pm »

Let's see how long it takes for them to figure out the two serious obstacles in the "prey on the criminal scum, be superheroes" approach and the two easy ways to overcome them.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: July 17, 2015, 06:55:12 pm »

"Easy" ways.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: July 17, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »

You should still do it and record it.

There's something I'm curious about the "ptw" posts. I think you can just click the Notify button located at the right side of the page (both top and bottom) to receive notifications of new replies instead, is that wrong? I'm not sure because I just check all threads I post in the old-fashioned way.
This Notify button sends you notifications about each new post in the thread to your email attached to account. Really spams the inbox. Useful only to see if some dead threads are rising again. Ninja'd.

As far as I know, the 'Notify' button does exactly the same thing as clicking 'notify me of replies' option when posting. They both send you an email whenever a new post is made, and won't send you another one until you've read the new posts.

Though looking at it, that's just my settings, and I think the default settings. You can change it to notify you instantly regardless of if you've read it, daily, or weekly!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: July 17, 2015, 08:22:04 pm »

can we stop trying to split ourselves apart and get stuff done?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: July 17, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »

Wow PW, you weren't kidding when you said morally grey.
Human trafficking, mmm, has that nice ring to it.
"Dark Grey"

Let's see how long it takes for them to figure out the two serious obstacles in the "prey on the criminal scum, be superheroes" approach and the two easy ways to overcome them.
I hve a few thoughts about that:

let's see, there's: criminals have weapons, not all criminals are evil scum, criminals have families, connections within the police are likely, getting "in" with criminals enough to find them, oh, and "we aren't superheros."

As for "easy:" drugs, gathering homeless, raiding "abandoned" and "condemned" buildings, lying about what's going on and selling trips as escape or luxury cruises,

I'm tired, I'm sure I've thought of a few others and forgotten.
I don't know what the main two obstacles are, nor any real easy methods. And we're supposed to gather a l.o.t of people. We're gonna be on world or a while, moving from plaec to place, setting up various extraction methods and extraction points. And only a couple of us have really ought into the whole "be good guys" bit anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: July 17, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »

"Dark Grey"
"Dark Grey"
I have a few thoughts about that:

let's see, there's: criminals have weapons, not all criminals are evil scum, criminals have families, connections within the police are likely, getting "in" with criminals enough to find them, oh, and "we aren't superheros."

As for "easy:" drugs, gathering homeless, raiding "abandoned" and "condemned" buildings, lying about what's going on and selling trips as escape or luxury cruises,

I'm tired, I'm sure I've thought of a few others and forgotten.
I don't know what the main two obstacles are, nor any real easy methods. And we're supposed to gather a l.o.t of people. We're gonna be on world or a while, moving from plaec to place, setting up various extraction methods and extraction points. And only a couple of us have really ought into the whole "be good guys" bit anyway.
I really hope the people who think we're the "good guys" get us killed.  ::)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: July 17, 2015, 09:25:47 pm »

Petra doesn't think we're the good guys. She thinks we're the very slightly less bad guys.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: July 17, 2015, 09:28:38 pm »

Do we actually NEED bodies? Or just free-range brains? If it's the latter you could try stealing them from morgues and whatnot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:21 pm »

Do we actually NEED bodies? Or just free-range brains? If it's the latter you could try stealing them from morgues and whatnot.
we need test subjects. Living people. I don't know if we can ship brains only and have bodies built for them - seems resource intensive on the receiving end, but hey.

Petra doesn't think we're the good guys. She thinks we're the very slightly less bad guys.
yeah ... Dester's clearly not sure about the "Slightly less" part. He's got some dark days ahead of him.

"Dark Grey"
"Dark Grey"
better
I'd like to survive the mission, myself.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: July 17, 2015, 09:59:00 pm »

we need test subjects. Living people. I don't know if we can ship brains only and have bodies built for them - seems resource intensive on the receiving end, but hey.

yeah ... Dester's clearly not sure about the "Slightly less" part. He's got some dark days ahead of him.

"Dark Grey"
"Dark Grey"
better
I'd like to survive the mission, myself.
He has a lot of dark days, now that Henk is a 10 foot tall man in MK3 armor who has lots of weapons, perhaps Cuthukan should get a bunch of arm grafts so that it can wield all its weapons.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: July 17, 2015, 10:06:56 pm »

I don't think going after criminals lowers our odd of survival THAT much, the biggest risk is attracting the attention of the UWM, and I doubt going after gang bangers is more likely to attract the attention of the UWM than going after drug addicts would be
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: July 17, 2015, 10:08:18 pm »

Still best to go after people who won't be remembered. Any reduction of risk is still desirable. Anyway, it isn't like their quality of life was too good in the first place.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:17 pm »

They bought it, they eat it. Just remember this isn't an one-off thing and you have to establish a steady source of test subjects. The Second Sons are around and they're probably more capable than some members of the team, so the less prissy PCs can just tell the Sons staying in the world to widen their net to easier targets out of the sight of the people who want to white knight but volunteered for a Joker mission.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: July 17, 2015, 10:30:56 pm »

Ryan doesn't care. He thinks that if they sympathise with the UWM, they're scum. He also realizes that bodies are necessary. Solutions to both can be discovered on this planet :D

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: July 17, 2015, 11:38:25 pm »

I just wanted to chime in and OOCly ask how many of Black-Ops "we know far too much too sleep soundly at nights" operatives believe that we are still unquestionably good guys, even with the new mission taken into consideration.

Maurice would certainly still believe so (even were he to knew the new mission details), at least.  ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2205