Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493922 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19965 on: July 13, 2015, 12:44:13 pm »

Good ol' ER doesn't cease to amuse me. Now I'm even happier I wasn't anywhere near that. I can deal with explosions, mindfuck and aberrations but not being subsumed into a gestalt entity.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: July 13, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »

Since my new character has the same stats as Anita, can she take her place on the Joker mission?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: July 13, 2015, 12:45:53 pm »

This...this makes me soo happy, we became something like stan but greate. Perhaps this will be the Arm's jugger naught. Though for some reasion the way PW described this reminds me of A space Marine with Multiple Personality disorder.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19968 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

The real question is how long it'll take for the Minmax Crew to get their hands on one of those candies and use it to minmax the shit out of everything.
You are assuming, of course, that each pill has the same effect. It might not.

Not to mention that in order to survive the transformation or even be affected by it, you need to have the necessary stats and roll well.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:18 pm »

I have created a monster.

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Cthunkan

Enjoy at your own peril, name temporary.

So, what I find most amusing is that everyone in the construct has +1 mind. So that should be fun :P

Oh, I need to remove the non-physical stats from the first table... or add in a way to label them 'n/a' or something, I kind of like how it looks right now. OH, I know!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: July 13, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »

The real question is how long it'll take for the Minmax Crew to get their hands on one of those candies and use it to minmax the shit out of everything.

Is it really minmaxing if you can just max everything?

I mean, first combination that jumps out to me is Xan, Auron and either Miyamoto or Milno. The problematic aspect of this, I think, is that one person just needs to conspire to get enough people in one room, and then take a pill.

Actually, imagine using a Friable Wish (the same kind of pill, of course, rather than any other horror that bag might have in it) in a large crowd. Fine terror weapon, methinks. Also kind of ideal for Xan and his +3 Mind, which increases its troublingness a bit. Could it work on a Sod, or with a Sod at its center? Or maybe a specially conditioned child? So many questions!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:20 pm »

So, what I find most amusing is that everyone in the construct has +1 mind. So that should be fun :P

Oh, I need to remove the non-physical stats from the first table... or add in a way to label them 'n/a' or something, I kind of like how it looks right now. OH, I know!
I already added henk's inventory to its inventory, also Henk is the medic mind.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: July 13, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

Harry's got the right idea; a Friable Wish grenade!  Let's harvest bodies for Frankenbominations!

Too bad it didn't get eaten on the Gyromatia escape shuttle, am I right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: July 13, 2015, 12:54:52 pm »

@Twinwolf: go volunteer and I'll see how I'll have Milno discover shit happened.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: July 13, 2015, 12:55:57 pm »

dangit, i made a shitty page also "Gestalt".

perhaps just move my inventory section across to your page?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19975 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »

I imagine that would just be one mind going idle, effectively being one less person fighting for control of the body.
But what happens for example to the minds that were subsumed originally? Can the body use their stats and memories? Or are they lost forever?
probably lost forever. Mind stats are retained individually, so whoever has control uses their mind stat.

This turned out unfortunate. The Gestalt is way powerful now, and has six people's items.

and to think, this could have happened in the briefing room, with nearly everyone.

There's a reason I told them to get out. They could have turned ER into a suggestion game with one pill.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: July 13, 2015, 12:57:48 pm »

PW, did yo umean for Charisma, Mind, Fate, and Intuition to be retained individually or be part of the Gestalt?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: July 13, 2015, 12:58:48 pm »

@Twinwolf: go volunteer and I'll see how I'll have Milno discover shit happened.
She hasn't been added to the wiki yet. I assume it's fine, because she has the exact same stats as Anita, but I think I still have to wait for that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: July 13, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »

I already added henk's inventory to its inventory, also Henk is the medic mind.

Oh, that's not how this is going to work. You guys are going to role-play this shit and I am going to enjoy it :P

PW, did yo umean for Charisma, Mind, Fate, and Intuition to be retained individually or be part of the Gestalt?

Mind, at least, is definitely a mental stat, as it's what the 4 of them will be fighting over the entity with. No idea about the other 3, this is just my first pass. Fortunately, the templates are easy enough for me to change.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19979 on: July 13, 2015, 01:02:12 pm »

If they're not a skill, highest one goes to the gestalt body, if they are a skill, then it depends on the mind taking the action. (The mind stat is going to be a bit odd. The the body itself has a mind stat equal to the highest one in the group and uses that for most things. You only use the "mind" stat of the individual consciousnesses in order to fight over control of the body.
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 2205