Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493103 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19920 on: July 12, 2015, 04:17:44 pm »

Reverse psychology. Is there anyone here PW wouldn't be prepared to kill off?
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19921 on: July 12, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

Steve.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19922 on: July 12, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

Steve.

Well, Steve isn't here, strictly speaking. He can reach here, but this isn't the seat of his existence or anything.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19923 on: July 12, 2015, 05:15:05 pm »

Steve.

Well, Steve isn't here, strictly speaking. He can reach here, but this isn't the seat of his existence or anything.
where is steve?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19924 on: July 12, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

where is steve?

Somewhere we can't reach, in a location very, very few know about.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19925 on: July 12, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »

where is steve?

Or, you know, knew. Somehow it feels very right for Steve to make sure of us ever being able to say even that much only in past tense.

I mean, the Doctor knows a lot (which might be the understatement of the year, by the way). If Steve's the King on his chessboard, then the Doctor must be the Queen, respectively. What are the opponent's pieces, how exactly Steve is going to beat the opponent, which pawns and even knights/bishops/rooks are are already planned to be sacrificed in the process (to put things in perspective, the whole ARM is probably just one of Steve's Rooks, I think - he's in for the big game) - the Doctor knows it all, I think, and thus we can conclude that Steve let him know it and live with all that knowledge; but even then not where Steve is. Because:
Quote from: Piecewise
Can the doctor be trusted
I looked in vain for a reaction image adequate for that question. Is this honestly a question? I think you can answer that for yourself.
And that is, effectively, the single most trusted person among Steve's game pieces.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: July 12, 2015, 06:12:32 pm »

where is steve?

Or, you know, knew. Somehow it feels very right for Steve to make sure of us ever being able to say even that much only in past tense.

I mean, the Doctor knows a lot (which might be the understatement of the year, by the way). If Steve's the King on his chessboard, then the Doctor must be the Queen, respectively. What are the opponent's pieces, how exactly Steve is going to beat the opponent, which pawns and even knights/bishops/rooks are are already planned to be sacrificed in the process (to put things in perspective, the whole ARM is probably just one of Steve's Rooks, I think - he's in for the big game) - the Doctor knows it all, I think, and thus we can conclude that Steve let him know it and live with all that knowledge; but even then not where Steve is. Because:
I looked in vain for a reaction image adequate for that question. Is this honestly a question? I think you can answer that for yourself.
And that is, effectively, the single most trusted person among Steve's game pieces.
what piece is the Armory master?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19927 on: July 12, 2015, 06:15:56 pm »

I cannot reply to that; partly because I do not know myself.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: July 12, 2015, 06:31:40 pm »

I haven't read enough o the game to make any claims to knowledge. In Mission six, it was implied that Steve was on board the ship, but that is easily enough handwaved away.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19929 on: July 12, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »

Well, that's it for me this evening. Reckon we'll all be dead tommorrow?
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19930 on: July 12, 2015, 06:40:26 pm »

yup.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:20 pm »

not all of us. Wort case, it'll take a ffew days for enough turns to happen for all of us  to die.

where is steve?

Steve may be like Emperor Palpatine: Engineering no less than three rebellions (and a trade embargo against his own people) throughout his career to give people under him something to fight against as he cements his control over everything. Oh, and totally manipulating any and all of his apprentices, all of whom were either quite untrustworthy or simply not suited to be an apprentice to him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:30 pm »

Everyone not in the Armory. :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19933 on: July 12, 2015, 06:48:07 pm »

not all of us. Wort case, it'll take a ffew days for enough turns to happen for all of us  to die.

where is steve?

Steve may be like Emperor Palpatine: Engineering no less than three rebellions (and a trade embargo against his own people) throughout his career to give people under him something to fight against as he cements his control over everything. Oh, and totally manipulating any and all of his apprentices, all of whom were either quite untrustworthy or simply not suited to be an apprentice to him.
We are All his apprentices in some way or another soo umm....ME!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: July 12, 2015, 06:50:07 pm »

I haven't read enough o the game to make any claims to knowledge. In Mission six, it was implied that Steve was on board the ship, but that is easily enough handwaved away.
Yeah, that's what we thought back then. Later it was revealed to be a lie specially created to distract us from perceiving his central role in background history of ERverse. As in, apparently he began his life as military organiser of UWM in the Altered Wars and it was solely due to his logistical and strategical ability that they won that eventually.
Edit: Oh, it should be around that time (around M6, IIRC) by the way as Piecewise dropped a snippet of hint towards the real location of Steve. Take notice of capital letters when you come across Feyri reading a worn-out manual on medieval combat.

So yeah, he might as well be playing us right now for Fun&profit and as a distraction from anyone noticing greater problems.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:52:34 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 2205