Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487798 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #19470 on: July 04, 2015, 05:48:38 pm »

Anita is new and doesn't know Xan. First impressions count.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »

Huh, so I'm basically a hektatonkhire if I read that right.

This could ... this could go places, yeah.

Actually ... yes this could ... if I do tha... get someone else to, rather ... yeeeeesssss

This isn't a bad development for me, not at all.

I mean for Xan's psyche it is, but that's a given.
I'm pretty sure that someone's going to try to lynch you. Everybody that knows Xan fears/distrusts him, and now he looks like is an eldritch abomination.
He's just another type now. That said, I'm gonna be tricking out my new body with some stuff to deter lynching.
That's a good idea. I'd recommend a Shade Cloak, if you can cram yourself into one. Or a Black Halo, if you can get an organic head. You can't afford either of them now, but you'll be able to after a mission or two.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: July 04, 2015, 05:52:35 pm »

Oh that implies I'll be using my own money.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: July 04, 2015, 05:55:13 pm »

Otherwise you'll have to steal a few tokens or get a loan. Either way you're screwed, because you're not subtle enough to pickpocket someone without being noticed, or charismatic enough to get someone to trust you with their tokens.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19474 on: July 04, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »

You'll figure it out.
Sig! Onol

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: July 04, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »

You'll figure it out.
ooh are we mugging people?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: July 04, 2015, 06:00:24 pm »

Otherwise you'll have to steal a few tokens or get a loan. Either way you're screwed, because you're not subtle enough to pickpocket someone without being noticed, or charismatic enough to get someone to trust you with their tokens.
He could simply... well, not mug - coercenvince some people to donate him tokens. Especially if those were the same people who put him in that body in the first place.
Then again, the first person on that list is Flint, and Flint is in Gilgamesh wielding Rainbow Cannon... Yeah.
We'll see soon, anyway.

@Xan Hey, Xan, are you volunteering for missions? Because certain people *cough*cough*Perun survivors*cough* could use your help on a mission, that is certain.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: July 04, 2015, 06:06:13 pm »

I might be volunteering for missions.

I may or may not be holding people to debts for me healing them.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »

As a matter of fact, I would like to point out that people who hold on to applying their level-ups, yet volunteer for missions, really cast themselves in worse light than they are, and thus decrease their chances for getting picked for a mission. Or is that a way to appear 'younger' and squeeze in as '0-mission characters'? Doesn't work that way either, the total number of missions gets updated anyway.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: July 04, 2015, 06:27:25 pm »

I'm holding off on it because I'm fairly sure I didn't get shit from that mission :P
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: July 04, 2015, 06:33:08 pm »

Nah, there are much more serious 'offenders'. Like, people with 2 (or more?) missions worth of level-ups still unclaimed.
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19481 on: July 04, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »

Huh, so I'm basically a hektatonkhire if I read that right.

This could ... this could go places, yeah.

Actually ... yes this could ... if I do tha... get someone else to, rather ... yeeeeesssss

This isn't a bad development for me, not at all.

I mean for Xan's psyche it is, but that's a given.
I'm pretty sure that someone's going to try to lynch you. Everybody that knows Xan fears/distrusts him, and now he looks like is an eldritch abomination.
Ah, but how would you know that thing is Xan? Few people know who he was and only one knows what he is. If he goes with a pseudonym (or simply never uses a name but simply responds to whatever nickname he is given), then the only ones who could find out would be the generals and any people he confesses to.

Edit:@Xan: Writing from phone, hence the long time it took me to write a response. Sorry.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:22:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: July 04, 2015, 07:26:14 pm »

"If you want the short version however, then I had a good idea and I sent it to Heph. And then I got an interesting response back."
Preposterous! Now this man is slandering the good name of Hephaestus Administration, and most kind Head of Science Dr.Sanctor!

Your regular trooper wouldn't quite get that 'sent a message to Heph' could possibly mean something other than 'sent a message to Heph crew' (like, instead, 'sent a message to the Doctor currently residing on Heph'). The resulting conclusion, of course, is that it was replied to by none other than probably the guy in charge of weird science on Hephaestus, i.e. Maurice Sanctor. And now Xan is going to add Maurice to his Book of Grudges. Pity.
Past Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: July 04, 2015, 07:32:40 pm »

@Paris: Don't worry, I've got nothing but time at the moment. *reclusiveness intensifies*

@Nik: Not necessarily; while this is a rather jarring development for Xan he still considers it better than being stuck in a human body.

And so once again my stupidity/bad luck lead to greater and greater heights of horror for others!
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19484 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »

"If you want the short version however, then I had a good idea and I sent it to Heph. And then I got an interesting response back."
Preposterous! Now this man is slandering the good name of Hephaestus Administration, and most kind Head of Science Dr.Sanctor!

Your regular trooper wouldn't quite get that 'sent a message to Heph' could possibly mean something other than 'sent a message to Heph crew' (like, instead, 'sent a message to the Doctor currently residing on Heph'). The resulting conclusion, of course, is that it was replied to by none other than probably the guy in charge of weird science on Hephaestus, i.e. Maurice Sanctor. And now Xan is going to add Maurice to his Book of Grudges. Pity.
Flint is leaving his response deliberately vague when there is chance for controversy so that he can tackle that if Xan brings it up and prevent vendettas.

Of course, Xan can always start vendettas for poorly thought out reasons and insubstantial evidence, as often happens in RL, but there's not much I can do about that. Flint will try to be close to him to keep an eye on him if he determines that his actions have led to the creation of something potentially dangerous, but if he is put in different teams, there's not much he can do.

Anyway, what are you afraid of? It's not like he can do much more than try to multi slap you to death and he has terrible strength from what I remember. This thing wasn't designed to be a combat suit, it's a support suit, meant to stay in the back. Unless the ones that made it decided to upgrade it or Xan suddenly uses his newfound powers of token inflation to generate a mountain of tokens and buy tons of  tokens, you should be fine.

Edit: I really hope this thing could become standard armory equipment though. It would be perfect for a flesh tech, because it is made for support people that stay in the back and fight with drones or other aux equipment. And I think Xan has terrible Aux.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:49:39 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2205