Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491211 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18795 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:57 pm »

Unless it is non-shootable variant. Electricity takes path of least resistance, so for most part it will go through metal. The problem comes from joints where metal armor isn't connected between pieces. That's where it will jump into flesh momentary, before returning to next piece of armor until it reaches unarmored feets, which will be discharge point and got through flesh again.

At least it should knock him over. If rolls are good enough.
He's almost certainly going to get hit with a non-traditional taser, as there are tons of nontraditional ones and only one traditional barbed one. Still, if he's shot with a normal taser, he'll be able to shrug it off.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: June 25, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »

Unless it is non-shootable variant. Electricity takes path of least resistance, so for most part it will go through metal. The problem comes from joints where metal armor isn't connected between pieces. That's where it will jump into flesh momentary, before returning to next piece of armor until it reaches unarmored feets, which will be discharge point and got through flesh again.

At least it should knock him over. If rolls are good enough.
He's almost certainly going to get hit with a non-traditional taser, as there are tons of nontraditional ones and only one traditional barbed one. Still, if he's shot with a normal taser, he'll be able to shrug it off.
so it is all down to luck....well I am filling lucky
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: June 25, 2015, 01:41:37 pm »

He welded scrap metal to his suit, which even covered his joints. Then he cut the arms and legs off at the elbows and knees, then he stitched it all back together. I have a hard time believing that suit is spaceworthy, though PW said he got it functional, though without actual added protection. I imagine it looks like a patchwork quilt of old railway signs, leftover bits from filing cabinets (door handles included), and a clothes dryer cylinder around the waist, with plenty of large gaps with no armor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:49:56 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: June 25, 2015, 01:45:39 pm »

He welded scrap metal to his suit, which even covered his joints. Then he cut the arms and legs off at the elbows and knees, then he stitched it all back together. I have a hard time believing that suit is spaceworthy, though PW said he got it functional, though without actual added protection. I imagine it looks like a patchwork quilt of old railway signs, leftover bits from filing cabinets (door handles included), and a clothes dryer cylinder around the waist, with plenty of large gaps with no armor.

It looks like one ugly horrible piece of plate armour with little actual protection except maybe stopping a laser for an additional second.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18799 on: June 25, 2015, 01:47:59 pm »

I think the Ironman one fits.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18800 on: June 25, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »

I am shittyman!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

You don't see him carrying a Stitch doll in a front pocket of it?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18802 on: June 25, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »

You don't see him carrying a Stitch doll in a front pocket of it?
So my character is wearing a patchwork of metal with gaps over the joints. I think I made a collar (like that on a shirt but turned up) to cover the neck too with space to move the head around.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: June 25, 2015, 02:07:52 pm »

Does the pimp cane require a brain implant?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:14 pm »

No. Same with the sandbag, force infuser, and pretty much everything that isn't an amp or manipulator.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18805 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »

No. Same with the sandbag, force infuser, and pretty much everything that isn't an amp or manipulator.
waot sp i  can't get rid of my amp because it is in my brain? guess I don't own you ozark and auron, sorry. None of this is happening,  I don't get tazed, you don't get tied up. we all  go about our separate ways and I go back to building weapons out of scrap.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18806 on: June 25, 2015, 02:22:08 pm »

MK series of suit do not have electric insulation at all, meaning everything will go straight into your spine. I don't know about MCP series, maybe that was improved? Probably not.
In fact, if I remember correctly, the problem was that the way the suit's insulation and heat radiation was built had the unfortunate side effect of directing any and all electrical shocks directly into the user in the worst possible way. I have no idea how that works, but that sounds unpleasant.

EDIT: Unless that was a bad intelligence roll I remember, but I doubt it. I think it was after Feyri got fried because she stabbed an antenna tree in the abyss that someone started asking questions about suits and electricity.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: June 25, 2015, 02:22:41 pm »

Kinetic Amplifier

Stat Restriction: None
    Ammo: None
    Description: It looks like a glove! It hits like a rocket propelled semi-truck! This thing amplifies the kinetic force from your blows by up to a square of the original force without increasing the reactive force felt by the user.

Nope, this one is a glove. it's not brain controlled, it's a straight force amplifier.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: June 25, 2015, 02:24:17 pm »

Kinetic Amplifier

Stat Restriction: None
    Ammo: None
    Description: It looks like a glove! It hits like a rocket propelled semi-truck! This thing amplifies the kinetic force from your blows by up to a square of the original force without increasing the reactive force felt by the user.

Nope, this one is a glove. it's not brain controlled, it's a straight force amplifier.
Oh. well doesn't matter now. I am going to drop you, you're free. I don't want to be tazed, I will jsut gra ball the free stuff I can get and build weapons out of it. Something like a cd disc thrower but instead of cds, metal bladed disks.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: June 25, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »

waot sp i  can't get rid of my amp because it is in my brain? guess I don't own you ozark and auron, sorry. None of this is happening,  I don't get tazed, you don't get tied up. we all  go about our separate ways and I go back to building weapons out of scrap.

"Amp" is short for "psychokinetic amplifier". Only psychokinetic amplifiers go into your brain. The kinetic amplifier is a stamplike little thingamajig mounted on a glove so you can square the force of your punches. It doesn't have the "psychokinetic" description because it doesn't go on your brain.

Though "psychokinetic amplifier" is a bit of a misnomer, since it doesn't amplify anything as far as I know. Certainly not thoughts, because those are magic only in the eyes of almighty Space God who has given us the gift of amps.
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 2205