Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492562 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18345 on: June 18, 2015, 01:10:41 am »

Yes to both. I believe PW switched two people's bodies right before mission(s) 20 started, and I believe U_P has his original stored in stasis
Huh, interesting. So theoretically a player could have multiple bodies for different purposes, if they could afford it and didn't mind wasting tons of cash. For example, Miyamoto could get transferred to a different, non-crippled body when he didn't want to be in his Avatar.
It involves physically transplanting the brains of the bodies involved. Which means that for an unspecified length of time, the body piloting Miya's Avatar will be functionally dead. Which, to my knowledge, is capital B Bad.
I don't think it would be that bad. Just take the body out of the avatar, take the brain out of the body, put the body in a stasis pod, and move the brain to its new body. I'm obviously not an expert, but I don't think that would cause any problems. Except that he'd have to hide the enormous avatar somewhere safe, because if he didn't someone would steal it.
The Avatar of War is psychically linked to its pilot, and is sentient thanks to all the synthflesh. The pilot acts as a restraining bolt for it. If the pilot dies, or is taken out of the Avatar without the Avatar itself being dead, the whole huge mass of armored synthflesh and guns is going to go berserk.
So if Miyamoto got a body transplant, he would basically create a gigantic, rampaging demon with no centralized brain to destroy, extreme resistance to pretty much everything, some of the most powerful weapons currently available, and no weaknesses.

Well, it's good that Radio's the only player with an Avatar.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:12:32 am by AkumaKasai »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: June 18, 2015, 01:13:58 am »

Do we have heads to mount on our robotic rebels?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: June 18, 2015, 02:32:29 am »

Yes to both. I believe PW switched two people's bodies right before mission(s) 20 started, and I believe U_P has his original stored in stasis
Huh, interesting. So theoretically a player could have multiple bodies for different purposes, if they could afford it and didn't mind wasting tons of cash. For example, Miyamoto could get transferred to a different, non-crippled body when he didn't want to be in his Avatar.
It involves physically transplanting the brains of the bodies involved. Which means that for an unspecified length of time, the body piloting Miya's Avatar will be functionally dead. Which, to my knowledge, is capital B Bad.
I don't think it would be that bad. Just take the body out of the avatar, take the brain out of the body, put the body in a stasis pod, and move the brain to its new body. I'm obviously not an expert, but I don't think that would cause any problems. Except that he'd have to hide the enormous avatar somewhere safe, because if he didn't someone would steal it.
The Avatar of War is psychically linked to its pilot, and is sentient thanks to all the synthflesh. The pilot acts as a restraining bolt for it. If the pilot dies, or is taken out of the Avatar without the Avatar itself being dead, the whole huge mass of armored synthflesh and guns is going to go berserk.
So if Miyamoto got a body transplant, he would basically create a gigantic, rampaging demon with no centralized brain to destroy, extreme resistance to pretty much everything, some of the most powerful weapons currently available, and no weaknesses.

Well, it's good that Radio's the only player with an Avatar.
Maybe we should equip him with a fail-deadly unit that will connect his Avatar to a universal amp should he die?

I was almost tempted to suggest having amp-bombs consisting of lumps of synthflesh with amps, until I realized that said bombs might just magic their way back over to us and murder everyone.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: June 18, 2015, 02:41:48 am »

Actually, having something like an Avatar where it just becomes more dangerous if the person inside is killed really makes it more protected against amps and manips than any other possible protection, because if you have something that can penetrate nearly any armour, why would you kill the person protected by the armour if doing so would probably make the situation worse?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: June 18, 2015, 02:48:31 am »

I did that in the fangame. The current objective was "kill RC" and I did just that. It also just happened to unchain the AoW. :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: June 18, 2015, 02:58:34 am »

You guys got lucky, the gm there went by post order. I had an action which could've invalidated most other actions that turn, but it never went through. Oh, and he also forbid me from just nuking everything at the start.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: June 18, 2015, 05:47:51 am »

Well, I was under impression that occasionally a pilot can be extracted from the Avatar. But the process is difficult and tiresome enough that it is not done lightly. Probably possible thanks to the special conditions of the hanger housing all the Avatars - Steve mentioned something about there being a back-up plan or something at some point, plus it's not like Avatars are granted sentience during the intering of a pilot inside one; all the ones in the hangar probably have their minds and wills, they are just kept 'asleep' somehow. That's my take on that issue, anyway.
Guess we'll have to ask RC directly, since he should know best of us. Needs to.

Avatars are kept in something resembling stasis tanks while they have no pilots. Xan's second clone was stored in the same room, before I chose to take his powers away.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:06 am »

Lars first order of business; head to the new Rec Room and reinscribe the Commandments of Steve on the wall.  All this talk of good/evil and alignments needs some grounding in faith!

> 1.Don't harass the crew or endanger the ship, lest I smite thee.
2. Complete the missions even if it kills you.
3. Other then that, Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

PS:  Crew refers to the NPC staff, not players.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: June 18, 2015, 08:54:38 am »

Lars first order of business; head to the new Rec Room and reinscribe the Commandments of Steve on the wall.  All this talk of good/evil and alignments needs some grounding in faith!

> 1.Don't harass the crew or endanger the ship, lest I smite thee.
2. Complete the missions even if it kills you.
3. Other then that, Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

PS:  Crew refers to the NPC staff, not players.
Wel l this still gives me a chance to force new people to drink tea!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18354 on: June 18, 2015, 09:48:12 am »

Yoko Taro is getting to make a new game! And Platinum studios are the ones actually creating it?!

Oh god we're gonna get something insanely awesome and weirder then you could possibly imagine.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18355 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:09 am »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:17 am »

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18357 on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:48 am »

The hell is that, lol.
Thats Yoko Taro. Thats how he presented his new game at E3.

Yoko Taro is an amazing madman.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: June 18, 2015, 11:37:45 am »

Would now be a good time to switch to the new player card since I know what I'm doing now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:17 pm »

((Does this mean I'm still fleshy? Do I need a new robo-arm? Is my Hive okay? Also, yay. Still alive.))

((And you're sporting a NEW Clingy Macguffin, one that'll fuck you up even easier than your old one as you just found out :P))

Quick! Put the Shackle on the arm that has the Pyramid!
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 2205