Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492919 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18180 on: June 17, 2015, 08:34:19 am »

Right then. It's basically "Every +1 in one stat/skill means -1 in another", right?

Works for one or two negative/positive levels, further leveling is more complicated. Check out Stats and Skills page on ER-wiki for online character creation tool.
We should really move this link to New Player Guide.

((Is this good? I would have made more backstory, but considering the fatality rate...))

Please do. What fun can a game bring if it's filled with faceless characters and/or corpses?
EDIT: No, "a lot" isn't the answer I implied.

Hey people. I think it was talked over a long time ago, but can you recap it for me - can we get stat/skill points on ship? Like, ten turns of on-ship IC training - 1 point, or something?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:09:03 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18181 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:04 am »

Piecewise once said that if you spend the entire time a mission takes to complete mostly training on ship than you could get a small bonus, like 1 or 2 points or maybe a token or 2 depending on what you're doing I guess. I think there are no rules, PW just works on a case by case basis. You should probably ask him with some specifics about what you want. Don't know if it's even still a thing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:34 am »

Right then. It's basically "Every +1 in one stat/skill means -1 in another", right?

Works for one or two negative/positive levels, further leveling is more complicated. Check out Stats and Skills page on ER-wiki for online character creation tool.
We should really move this link to New Player Guide.

((Is this good? I would have made more backstory, but considering the fatality rate...))

Please do. What fun can a game bring if it's filled with faceless characters and/or corpses?
EDIT: No, "a lot" isn't the answer I implied.

Hey people. I think it was talked over a long time ago, but can you recap it for me - can we get stat/skill points on ship? Like, ten turns of on-ship IC training - 1 point, or something?
I have a vague idea of expanding it, but I want to wait until she's at least survived 1 mission.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: June 17, 2015, 09:18:31 am »

Piecewise once said that if you spend the entire time a mission takes to complete mostly training on ship than you could get a small bonus, like 1 or 2 points or maybe a token or 2 depending on what you're doing I guess. I think there are no rules, PW just works on a case by case basis. You should probably ask him with some specifics about what you want. Don't know if it's even still a thing.

Well, my character isn't really fitted for combat right now. If there won't be an exploration or diplomacy mission, I might end up being useless.

I have a vague idea of expanding it, but I want to wait until she's at least survived 1 mission.

That's an allright decision by me.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:14 am »

@Comrade P. Well, it was a long time ago, but yes, you could slightly increase stats/skills through extensive training. Extensive in this case not quantitative "ten turns of IC training to get +1 point", but rather semi-quantitative "spend most of two-three missions training to get a couple points" (at least, it was described like this back then; notably, not a single character has increased their stats through training as of yet, to my knowledge).
Edit: Oh, well, others said it too.

@Twinwolf Welcome on board! I concede with Comrade P.'s suggestion to increase the backstory as, from experience, first and foremost, it is always a fun and enjoyable thing to do; and increasing it very gradually, over the course of the game, is perfectly fine as well. Feel free to do as you like, and please, enjoy your stay! :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18185 on: June 17, 2015, 09:54:11 am »

@Nik: Well, you did get some training with the doc though that gave you some skills (did they transfer to the new system? I don't remember.) We had other effects of that sort for long term training, like the Hephaestus timeskip. So there is precedent for training giving points. Just nothing for the new system.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: June 17, 2015, 09:54:40 am »

how much does mk1 cost?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: June 17, 2015, 10:10:10 am »

How's an avatar work a manipulator?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: June 17, 2015, 10:11:42 am »

How's an avatar work a manipulator?

It's a secret, shh!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:01 am »

how much does mk1 cost?

Mk.I spacesuit? I think you can get that for free.
Sigs

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:52 am »

'Free'? As in, back in the day, every convict got a Mk I suit as part of his starting equipment (these days, it's MCP-I instead).

Are you trying to sell or buy one? Keep in mind that Mk I is obsolete by now, so selling is next to impossible, while buying depends on whether it's "obsolete and even more rubbish-useless-free than before" (meaning you could reasonably get one for free as a boon from the AM), or "it's obsolete and thus non-standard equipment" (at which point you might have to pay... say, a token for the suit).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:29 am »

'Free'? As in, back in the day, every convict got a Mk I suit as part of his starting equipment (these days, it's MCP-I instead).

Are you trying to sell or buy one? Keep in mind that Mk I is obsolete by now, so selling is next to impossible, while buying depends on whether it's "obsolete and even more rubbish-useless-free than before" (meaning you could reasonably get one for free as a boon from the AM), or "it's obsolete and thus non-standard equipment" (at which point you might have to pay... say, a token for the suit).
how much to get a new mcp-1? I wish to repair a couple holes in my new one from cutting the excess metal armor off.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: June 17, 2015, 10:30:24 am »

Oh, the starting equipment isn't a mk.1 anymore?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: June 17, 2015, 10:32:58 am »

It's and MCP I now, a next generation of your standard spacesuit.
I hope you won't be offended if I redirect you to the wiki to check out the differences.
Sigs

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18194 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:50 am »

It's and MCP I now, a next generation of your standard spacesuit.
I hope you won't be offended if I redirect you to the wiki to check out the differences.
I know. I just am used to saying mk
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 2205