Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491202 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17685 on: June 08, 2015, 04:35:25 am »

This choice just got harder with the descriptions.

True words. Roadtrip sounds delightfully Mad Max-y, but...

Memory theft.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:21 am »

Roadtrip is nice, but damn, that theme!
Memory theft!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: June 08, 2015, 05:03:35 am »

Memory theft.
I'm betting he means Remember Me.

Seems to be more Dollhouse than Remember Me, though both had similar ideas. I still need to finish Remember Me...

On that note, Memory Theft.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: June 08, 2015, 06:01:40 am »

One more vote for roadtrip here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: June 08, 2015, 06:07:13 am »

Results so far (a.k.a. let's see if Comrade sucks in basic maths)

Roadtrip: 10 votes
Memory theft: 6 votes
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: June 08, 2015, 06:27:19 am »

Results so far (a.k.a. let's see if Comrade sucks in basic maths)

Roadtrip: 10 votes
Memory theft: 6 votes

So we have enough to do a game of each then! :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: June 08, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

So we have enough to do a game of each then! :P

Ha! My initial vote for both wins then!
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: June 08, 2015, 08:45:37 am »

I don't know... I keep wavering back and forth.  The roadtrip probably slightly pulls ahead, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: June 08, 2015, 09:06:11 am »

I read the road trip one and I was all like Roadtrip, but then I read the other one and felt conflicted.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: June 08, 2015, 09:36:59 am »

Memory theft.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17695 on: June 08, 2015, 09:38:19 am »

For some reason, every time I read "roadtrip" I think "roadside picnic". Speaking of which, will there ever be something in that vein? I think there was some intent to make a proper anomaly-stalking-artifact-gathering game, but failing that maybe there could be renaissance of HMR-type missions in ER? Where one goes with a 10-foot pole as their primary weapon (and not that Ultimate Tube of Death they've been toting around on all other occasions).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #17696 on: June 08, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

I would have to go with Memory theft.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:01 am »

For some reason, every time I read "roadtrip" I think "roadside picnic". Speaking of which, will there ever be something in that vein? I think there was some intent to make a proper anomaly-stalking-artifact-gathering game, but failing that maybe there could be renaissance of HMR-type missions in ER? Where one goes with a 10-foot pole as their primary weapon (and not that Ultimate Tube of Death they've been toting around on all other occasions).

We had that on the previous mission cycle. Then they blew it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17698 on: June 08, 2015, 10:16:19 am »

I was thinking about potential mission ideas and I think it would be fun if we had a mission where we explore something from the past with possible alien influences. A chance to investigate some of the backstory of the universe and explore new areas while at the same time dealing with not-strictly-combat situations. What I imagine the STAN mission was supposed to be.

There is a great deal of human worlds in the galaxy that were cut off from what would become the UWM during the altered wars and there are many vessels that have been lost during humanity's pre-UWM era of aggressive expansion and colonization and a great deal of alien/space magic-y stuff happening inexplicably all over the galaxy. They provide a potentially good and flexible mission setting with opportunities to explore the past.

For example, a transmission was received from a long forgotten probe that it has found something valuable/intriguing during its long voyage and happens to be close enough. Or maybe from a probe that had entered a jump point but didn't exit for years and was thus presumed lost. Or an antiquated automated transmission coming from a ship that was supposed to have been destroyed a long time ago or lost in the pre-UWM era. Or a planet/colony that disappeared out of its orbit in some bizarre space magic anomaly incident suddenly and inexplicably reappearing years later but with something very wrong about it. Or a long forgotten ancient QEC communicator hub suddenly receiving a signal from a colony that doesn't exist in any of UWM's or Steve's databases. Or a colony that was marked as glassed during the altered wars, but clearly isn't, perhaps due to a malfunction/abberancy in a ghost ship. Maybe it's a world that instead of going quiet has gone savage, with humans either extinct or tribal, surviving in forests of overgrown mutated GM plants and animals, or maybe mad max-esque fighting for survival and for possession of failing technology that nobody knows how to build and few know how to maintain, with one of those groups being responsible for reactivating the communicator. Or maybe a thriving society but from some point in our history's past or on a divergent course from ours. Or maybe in the process of becoming quiet.

Could even say that the UWM was also alerted to this incident and might be sending a small group of its own, which means that either there might be fighting to be done once we get there (maybe even a small space battle with Heph's ships helping) or the need to finish the mission quickly before they arrive or find some way to defend/deny whatever object we've found from them when they arrive, possibly with some diplomacy to any locals. Or maybe the UWM is the one who discovered something old but valuable through their research and Steve somehow became aware of that through his agents and is sending us to intercept them.

I dunno, just rambling about my thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:20:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17699 on: June 08, 2015, 10:27:42 am »

ROADTRIP!
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 2205