Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492896 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17325 on: May 26, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

It was supposed to come to the sword with the previous shipment. So now it is supposed to be in Miya's possession, so he's carrying it with him. Should've remembered to hand it to someone to watch over it before leaving for the mission, but I forgot. Why, did you want to experiment for a bit?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17326 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »

i have since it was first used
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17327 on: May 26, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »

Don't forget to get a Haebi sample for the pill machine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17328 on: May 26, 2015, 08:39:03 pm »

Don't forget to get a Haebi sample for the pill machine.
Now I want one such pill. For !!Science!! of course!
Not for myself, though. I have a steady supply of perfectly good candidates to try it on. Comes with the "mad scientist apprentice" position.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17329 on: May 27, 2015, 03:31:40 am »

We never got very far in experimenting with that thing, did we? Damn shame, all the cool stuff nearly murders half the ship and then gets locked up in some bureaucrat's office.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17330 on: May 27, 2015, 03:36:07 am »

Mostly because people crosstest everything with Space Magic.

Hey, that's a pretty good General Rule Of Artifact Safety - act like it's an SCP object . Sure, test anything that seems fun or reasonable with an artifact, but don't cross-test!1

1 Without permission from a duly authorised Robot Overlord Person To Take The Blame
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17331 on: May 27, 2015, 05:42:05 am »

Then remind me when we return from the mission, so I can formalise those guidelines. And maybe also remind me to hand it to someone when Miya goes on a mission.

We never got very far in experimenting with that thing, did we? Damn shame, all the cool stuff nearly murders half the ship and then gets locked up in some bureaucrat's office.

What, would you rather we didn't lock it up so it can finish its task and murder everybody every time a former criminal with stasis dementia gets funny ideas? That sounds like an unsustainable business model.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17332 on: May 27, 2015, 06:21:28 am »

Then remind me when we return from the mission, so I can formalise those guidelines. And maybe also remind me to hand it to someone when Miya goes on a mission.

What, would you rather we didn't lock it up so it can finish its task and murder everybody every time a former criminal with stasis dementia gets funny ideas? That sounds like an unsustainable business model.
Look, we're all doomed anyway. Red Vengeance has reared her beautiful ruby head and we're all sentenced to death. I say, let us experiment with deadly techs as we all inevitably die of mysterious reasons!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17333 on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:20 am »

Look, we're all doomed anyway. Red Vengeance has reared her beautiful ruby head and we're all sentenced to death. I say, let us experiment with deadly techs as we all inevitably die of mysterious reasons!
I got a new moneymaking idea. I can make bugs with effects specifically designed to be transferred to folks by using the pill machine.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17334 on: May 27, 2015, 06:34:48 am »

I got a new moneymaking idea. I can make bugs with effects specifically designed to be transferred to folks by using the pill machine.
Not sure if relying on random.org is the best idea right now. Seriously, it seems to be trying to murder you as hard as possible.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17335 on: May 27, 2015, 06:53:47 am »

Not sure if relying on random.org is the best idea right now. Seriously, it seems to be trying to murder you as hard as possible.
Is it succeeding?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17336 on: May 27, 2015, 07:15:33 am »

Not yet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17337 on: May 27, 2015, 07:24:08 am »

Why not give the pill machine to Nyars and have him charge a fee to permit access to it (say, 3 tokens for continuous access), with 2/3rds of the proceeds going into the team fund?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17338 on: May 27, 2015, 07:32:43 am »

Because the primary reason for me to grab it was to prevent another Grate level accident. If Hapah did something similar with the deathcube, I'd do the same. That said, I've been thinking wether or not to charge for usage of the pill machine, and I'm not sure if it'd be a great idea. Don't wanna make it so nobody will want to experiment with it anymore. Maybe a system where, if you find a good combo people are willing to pay for, the 'inventor' gets 1/2 of the proceedings every time that combination is requested again? Or just keep it free overall, and let the incentive to experiment be one's own curiosity (and chance to get an upgrade to yourself).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17339 on: May 27, 2015, 07:39:45 am »

So, a preliminary research period with free access and combination veto rights that progresses into a vending machine kind of thing. Maybe keep the pill machine in a secret location and have the experimenters in question merely tell Nyars what to put in (and provide appropriate materials), and he gives them the pills in a short while.
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 2205