Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494177 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17220 on: May 22, 2015, 03:13:27 am »

Our team could... Tape anything explosive together and throw that. Next to that, I could convert some (far away) ground into hydrogen and trigger fusion. But even if that works, that'll give us a very small window to work with. Especially considering we need to get the shuttles down in one piece, and then back out again. But again, remote triggered LESHO and nukeshuttles might also work, assuming Steve kept a back up plan in place.
The ground team still has plenty of options left, assuming steve starts sending the shuttles NOW instead of when the leaders have grabbed the nerve bundles, (Or assuming that the planet doesn't go full Altered when we remove bits of its brain)

And if things get too bad, we get to see if a mindfuck gun does anything whatsoever against a planet of flesh and mind and bone.
One problem: if the shuttles are standing around, they can be destroyed by the planet while they sit there. Ideally, once we have the brain, they start coming down (while hopefully the planet is distracted by the local braincluster being severed), they arrive just as we are ready to board, then we pop our distractions and book it out in that timewindow. Now, hopefully Steve will inform us ic next turn, so we can start preparing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17221 on: May 22, 2015, 03:15:11 am »

Paris going nuts with his blue setting might work?

Nice lightning based shitstorm indiscriminately frying the haebi ground layer might get it to shout at the clouds for a while?

That might work for a distraction, or at least a part of a distraction. He'd have to move the hell away from everyone before he does it though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17222 on: May 22, 2015, 03:26:42 am »

Well no-one has really tried making a character from our first ARM controlled planet, have they?
Might be nice to have a team-mate who isn't in some way a psychopath and instead just really really patriotic about this new rebel movement they have just started knowing about.
I'm thinking about joining ARM instead of being a HMRC inmate if Ulrich bites the fungal dust.
I'm not sure whether to make my next potential character from an ARM planet or an inmate if Xan ever permadies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17223 on: May 22, 2015, 03:28:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As in, he sends the shuttles from orbit now so that they're arriving just as you resurface through the ground like a vertical Kool-aid man with an adamantium spear in one giant robot fist and the brain core in the other. I really, really want minimal time between "You pull out a bit of it's brain" and "Goodbye forever, planet!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17224 on: May 22, 2015, 03:36:57 am »

Yes, that's what I'm saying. However, one problem: we don't know how long it'll take me to cut that brain, deal with whatever consequences that has, and resurface. We also don't know how long it takes a shuttle to get to us. So unless you do have this info, sending it down now might mean it's standing around for a while. So, once Steve tells us, we can tell him to try and estimate the best time to send the shuttle based on what our cameras tell him. Hell, that cave might cave in once I cut the brain, forcing me to spend time finding another way to get out of there, or to use the natural cave opening to exit, and then we still need to form up again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17225 on: May 22, 2015, 03:44:25 am »

RC, I think Snapdragon doesn't actually have a brain to extract, and that Steve misconstrued the world snake head hidden underground at our position as a haebi brain. Going to have to count on your team to get us out of here I think.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: May 22, 2015, 03:57:48 am »

RC, I think Snapdragon doesn't actually have a brain to extract, and that Steve misconstrued the world snake head hidden underground at our position as a haebi brain. Going to have to count on your team to get us out of here I think.

Didn't pw say at one point both teams would have a cluster? And it also doesn't explain why those nerves bundles were converging there. Still, it's quite possible you're right, in which case... Well, wish us luck (we're gonna need it)!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: May 22, 2015, 04:10:10 am »

Didn't pw say at one point both teams would have a cluster?
Nope, you are all looking for the same cluster, you're just in the two most probably positions and, as Lenglon noted, it seems likely that Team Gyromitra has the cluster and Team Snapdragon has a murder snake that was giving off false readings.
We're dropping you in the two most likely areas where one of the Clusters might be
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: May 22, 2015, 04:15:18 am »

Hmm. I do really think I remember pw saying something like that though. Might've been in irc. Or maybe I imagined it, who knows. We'll see soon enough.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: May 22, 2015, 04:17:32 am »

So teams are aptly named. Gyromitra got the mushroom like name stated, and SnapDragon got a dragonsnake.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17230 on: May 22, 2015, 04:19:31 am »

world snake
Ragnarök is upon us! Jörmungandr has surfaced! The gods in the sky are dying! The end is nigh!

Edit: isn't snapdragon a rose? Or am I not remembering right?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: May 22, 2015, 04:56:47 am »

So teams are aptly named. Gyromitra got the mushroom like name stated, and SnapDragon got a dragonsnake.

Next time I'm naming the teams 'flawless victory' and 'amazing performance'.

world snake
Ragnarök is upon us! Jörmungandr has surfaced! The gods in the sky are dying! The end is nigh!

Look at a pic of their seed pods. You'll see.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: May 22, 2015, 05:42:52 am »

Next time I'm naming the teams 'flawless victory' and 'amazing performance'.

world snake

Look at a pic of their seed pods. You'll see.
Image search for "gyromitra" comes up with this:

...I'm sure there's some kind of double meaning here.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: May 22, 2015, 05:50:59 am »

...I'm sure there's some kind of double meaning here.

There always is.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: May 22, 2015, 07:09:43 am »

I'm a lot of things, but 'subtle when naming things' apparently isn't one of them.

Snapdragon seeds:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 ... 2205