Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495486 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16485 on: April 27, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »

@ paris worrying about post-mission-trial:
don't.
what is, is. you're trying to do what you think is right, and are you thinking of the team, the mission, etc. even if it doesn't work out, you're putting in the effort. Quite frankly I totally ignore council/tribunal/chain-of-command stuff. I just do what I think is appropriate, and that is that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:27 pm »

((I blame Lenglon for jinxing this with her look for spikes action.[/joking]))

"Don't worry girl, you'll be fine." Flint said as he opened his arms and released Lyra from her protective cocoon-hug.
"You've got a real ARMy hero on your side." he added jokingly as he raised his arm to allow Lyra to climb on top of him.
"Question is, how the hell did the planet know where we are? We weren't touching it and it has no eyes that we can see, it couldn't sense the exhaust since we were flying high and it couldn't hear us because there is no atmosphere... It couldn't predict the path we would follow since we were moving erratically (unless it knows we are following the nerves, in which case this means we are getting closer). We haven't even caused enough damage to it to render ourselves important... Maybe it's just a result of the alert level increasing." Flint continued talking to Lyra through the radio as he shut down his alarm and reoriented himself.
"If that's the case, then the other teams are in even greater danger. These static spike defence towers or whatever they are are probably going to become more common. Or worse kinds of static defences are going to appear."

"This planet is an idiot if it thinks I will let a few spikes stop me. And it is an even bigger idiot for daring to attack Flint Westwood. So what if it hit a main rocket? I've got extra. What do you say? Keep going?"
"mrow"
if one of the jeeps catches up to us, then I hop off Flint and move over to it and check on their injured. otherwise, I'm staying on the guy in the battlesuit that just saved my life. I try to keep watch in whatever direction Flint isn't facing, making sure that we don't get surprised from the rear again like that.
Dawwwww.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28:48 am »

Whose getting court martialled for what now?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: April 28, 2015, 12:35:59 am »

How the fuck do you court martial someone in a rebellion?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: April 28, 2015, 12:38:10 am »

"I WILL HAVE SILENCE IN THE COURT!"
"What? We're in a trench, and being actively shot at."
"2 YEARS IN COMMUNITY SERVICE!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: April 28, 2015, 02:12:49 am »

don't.
what is, is. you're trying to do what you think is right, and are you thinking of the team, the mission, etc. even if it doesn't work out, you're putting in the effort. Quite frankly I totally ignore council/tribunal/chain-of-command stuff. I just do what I think is appropriate, and that is that.
The command staff decided to just retcon out him having ever have been on the mission, because they really don't now how to deal with someone who has initiative in following orders and/or hates the guts of his commanding officer and isn't afraid to say so. There can't be a 'trial', since he's been on the ship the whole time.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: April 28, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

don't.
The command staff decided to just retcon out him having ever have been on the mission, because they really don't now how to deal with someone who has initiative in following orders and/or hates the guts of his commanding officer and isn't afraid to say so. There can't be a 'trial', since he's been on the ship the whole time.
I recall someone saying on IRC that they wanted Flint court martialled for ditching the group. Not sure how serious they were or if that's what this is referring to.

Same way you do in a country. By telling them they did bad things and you're unhappy about it and thinking about punishing them for it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:42 am »

don't.
Wait what? Wasn't this Auron?
What is happen
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: April 28, 2015, 02:35:03 am »

Wait what? Wasn't this Auron?
What is happen
I think what happened is that somebody mentioned wanting to courtmartial Flint on IRC, Parisbre got wind of it and expressed some measure of unhappiness over it, Lenglon reassured Parisbre that he was doing the right thing, then somebody confused mention of it with the other disciplinary issue involving Auron/U_P, which had already been retconned out of happening.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: April 28, 2015, 02:37:18 am »

Oh. Why'd they want to court martial Flint? He's the one actually nice, sorta sane guy on the ship.

Then again I'm viewing it from the perspective of character, not military efficiency.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: April 28, 2015, 02:46:44 am »

It's because he's showing initiative and not acting like a mindless sheeple drone.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16496 on: April 28, 2015, 02:48:01 am »

Oh, no, I'm not unhappy about it. It would be fun to have a trial, a good RP opportunity. (And an opportunity for craziness and Phoenix Wright references. Ever seen a SS13 trial?) It would be even more fun (for me) if I won though. And I would like to know if attempting to do this quickly has a point or if piecewise simply got confused or if he is purposely railroading me and making me go slower. I am not angry or expect preferential treatment, I have no problem with any answer I get from him, he is the GM, it's his game, his decision. I just want to know so that I can decide how to better help my team.

Edit: Also, I would prefer it if people didn't try to defend me or accuse me OOCly (at least not seriously. Jokes are cool.) There's no reason to turn this into an argument when I am cool with what is going on.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:50:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: April 28, 2015, 02:48:23 am »

Ah, the grumbling a of rebellion arise. Shall I become the stalwart leader of the rebellion against the rebellion?

*-1 Cha*
Ah, right.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: April 28, 2015, 03:30:03 am »

Ah, the grumbling a of rebellion arise. Shall I become the stalwart leader of the rebellion against the rebellion?

*-1 Cha*
Ah, right.

Just do the opposite of what you want.

"We need to follow orders and listen to the higher ups."
"NOBODY TELLS US WHAT TO DO! DOWN WITH ARM! REVOLUTION!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: April 28, 2015, 03:33:39 am »

Flint, he is probably doing the right thing. He is experienced, and his top priority in the mission is to get it done rather than take care about us newbs.

But the fact that the only designated medic fled with all the equipment and abandoned her duties deserves attention. If she had no intent to perform medical duty in the first place, she should probably say so and pass the equipment to someone else. I'm not even saying she should probably try to help others with her high Medical score.
There's that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 2205