Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495369 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15720 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:07 am »

Cool, I'll update my action post to reflect that in that case.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15721 on: April 12, 2015, 10:20:57 am »

I have thought of a way to nullify the Haebi's ability to adapt and spawn new troops, at least temporarily.
Piecewise said that the Haebi drones, sensors, stationary defences or whatever else they create grow out of the ground.
He also said that they are connected to the planet's nervous system through the skin.
And he also said that they tend to ignore inanimate objects and simply grow around them.

So all we have to do is trade some of our gunnerbots and other equipment for something that will cover the ground, something like the goop, but something that that develops a solid surface we can step on. Maybe something like a goop airstrike or good old fashioned goop throwers to be used after we have located the brain's general location.

The haebi can work around that, either temporarily by something like umbilicals linking them to the skin (which can be easily cut otherwise they'll become too heavy and expensive, in which case they can still be cut by amps) or more permenantly, by destroying or digesting the goop, but it will take time.

That gives us the ability to temporarily completely immobilize any active haebi drones in the area and some time during which we can do anything we want and the haebi central intelligence won't know anything about and some delay until the new wave of troops arrives.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:22:28 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:50 am »

Small problem, we need to cut into the ground to find clusters. Coating a very large area with stuff might make that more difficult.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15723 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:35 am »

Small problem, we need to cut into the ground to find clusters. Coating a very large area with stuff might make that more difficult.
to be used after we have located the brain's general location.
When we are close enough, the nerve bundles will be large enough to be seen through the naked eye. So at that point it won't be necessary to cut the skin. And at that point we'd probably have woken up the planet enough we'd need to start using the big guns.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: April 12, 2015, 10:33:50 am »

to be used after we have located the brain's general location.
When we are close enough, the nerve bundles will be large enough to be seen through the naked eye. So at that point it won't be necessary to cut the skin. And at that point we'd probably have woken up the planet enough we'd need to start using the big guns.

So you wanna cover after we've dropped? I'm not sure how that'd work out (without airstrike, I don't think we can cover enough ground).

I mean, we'll have to follow along the nerve bundles once we have them, so we still need to see them at least.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15725 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:03 am »

Which we can do with cameyes.
Or we can make the material we drop transparent.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: April 12, 2015, 10:37:55 am »

People actually think the AM is awesome? I felt she was just kind of a Mary Sue that guards the store for no real reason other than being there in case someone actually could do something to threaten the ship in a meaningful way.

Do you have a better way of ensuring that, if people just keep fucking about, or threaten to destroy the game, the gm has a way to stop it?
Oh, I never said that was a bad thing to have. I just mean I don't like the AM.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15727 on: April 12, 2015, 10:43:18 am »

Which we can do with cameyes.
Or we can make the material we drop transparent.

If we can see them clearly with cameyes through whatever you wanna drop. And what material did you have in mind that's transparent, but not so weak the heabi ground doesn't quickly tear it apart?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15728 on: April 12, 2015, 10:55:44 am »

No idea. Perhaps something like aerogel but sturdier. Or maybe some sort of derivative microorganism colony created from the orange sea samples I recovered, something that can grow and create a thin, semi-transparent film. Or one of those law enforcement chemical agents that create a thin, transparent film of almost-frictionless material.

And like I said, once we know the brain's general location, we don't need to follow the nerve bundles all the time. We can cover an area between us and it without affecting our ability to reach it or follow it. Or we could simply create a corridor for us to go through. It would serve more or less the same purpose, since not all Haebi can use the corridor.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: April 12, 2015, 11:21:14 am »

I was told to come here and ask Nikita about the mj2 for 3 credits, I am willing to buy it off you.

Does Zoltan Solberg have the same history as Deryl? I need to know for your wiki page.

Speaking of the wiki, you should check out the Armory and the Player Market if you haven't already.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15730 on: April 12, 2015, 11:24:06 am »

I was told to come here and ask Nikita about the mj2 for 3 credits, I am willing to buy it off you.

Does Zoltan Solberg have the same history as Deryl? I need to know for your wiki page.

Speaking of the wiki, you should check out the Armory and the Player Market if you haven't already.
he does I just changed the name.  also how do I get stuff from the armory?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:27:09 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: April 12, 2015, 11:43:19 am »

Once you've emerged from your stasis pod, head to the armory. Purchase your gear from the Armory Master. Piecewise (the GM/OP) will confirm the purchase when he posts the turn results, though as long as you aren't short of tokens it shouldn't be an issue.

Make sure to grab yourself some clothes while you're in the barracks. Or don't, I suppose. Your choice.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15732 on: April 12, 2015, 11:53:05 am »

Once you've emerged from your stasis pod, head to the armory. Purchase your gear from the Armory Master. Piecewise (the GM/OP) will confirm the purchase when he posts the turn results, though as long as you aren't short of tokens it shouldn't be an issue.

Make sure to grab yourself some clothes while you're in the barracks. Or don't, I suppose. Your choice.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html (((go to the bottom)))
ok I'm going to go to the armory and attempt to purchase a gauss rifle. oh and anyone willing to let me borrow your laser rifle I want to put the magnetometer into it to make a microwave gun that's nonlethal but makes your opponents feel like they are on fire, plus nit gets them the equivalent of a nasty sunburn (it boils the water in their skin). I guess it could be made to be variable from nonlethal and lethal.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:16:48 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: April 12, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

No idea. Perhaps something like aerogel but sturdier. Or maybe some sort of derivative microorganism colony created from the orange sea samples I recovered, something that can grow and create a thin, semi-transparent film. Or one of those law enforcement chemical agents that create a thin, transparent film of almost-frictionless material.

And like I said, once we know the brain's general location, we don't need to follow the nerve bundles all the time. We can cover an area between us and it without affecting our ability to reach it or follow it. Or we could simply create a corridor for us to go through. It would serve more or less the same purpose, since not all Haebi can use the corridor.

If we can actually get such a material, then we're talking. Though I suspect the Heabi would have no problem tearing it down from below.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15734 on: April 12, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html (((go to the bottom)))
ok I'm going to go to the armory and attempt to purchase a gauss rifle. oh and anyone willing to let me borrow your laser rifle I want to put the magnetometer into it to make a microwave gun that's nonlethal but makes your opponents feel like they are on fire, plus nit gets them the equivalent of a nasty sunburn (it boils the water in their skin). I guess it could be made to be variable from nonlethal and lethal.

We have Variable Laser Rifle "Spektr" which shoots microwaves, if I recall correctly.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 2205