Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495846 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15570 on: April 10, 2015, 05:56:18 pm »

Also we can kill people and stuff them in a braincase to use as ammo now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: April 10, 2015, 06:02:24 pm »

Xan died again during the TRON thing and got his powers removed. He's not the happiest about this.
Uh. Manips were always accessing your brain, that's why they gave you headaches, the math was just to get you thinking the way you needed to be.
Haha that's awesome. Sometimes when something doesn't make sense, it's because you don't have all the info. Other times it's because you're staring at the wrong thing.

Well, there was this big debate about the usefulness of manipulators at all, as compared to amps; and it was uncovered that our old manips just "used" our brains to do stuff like the amps did, but with math calculations (just as one of the old theories suggested).

Now, however, the old field manips are being phased out, and new ones are replacing them. These work off pre-packaged brains (to be purchased separately) but they are really safe-ish in the sense of not screwing with your own brains, only the packaged ones.

So, yeah, explicitly run off brains. Because there is something in the Space-God that all manips and amps strive to impersonate, that mere mortal sentient brains are close to (not just human, some xenos too), and by manipulating that "something" in our meat-think-space, amps and manipulators do their magic.
Fascinating. Is this stuff listed anywhere?

The next set of missions is about to leave. One is to take over an automated UWM ship with a ton of gunnerbot-likes on-board that could potentially blow up from a single stray shot, the other is a meat grinder a visit to a world taken over entirely by the Haebi. We're going to try to cut a nerve cluster out of it. The ship mission has to succeed for survivors to even get off the planet again. Oh, and the planetside mission is ~80% zero mission newbies, because all of the veterans seem to have wandered off somewhere.
Well shit. Is it too late to get in on them?

Also we can kill people and stuff them in a braincase to use as ammo now.
...you have my attention. Are manip brains a limited resource or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: April 10, 2015, 06:04:47 pm »

They're just random people, albiet from different levels, each costing different token levels.
Therefore if an Uncon-heavy teammate is annoying you, just decapitate them and use their brain as a space magic battery!
Random civilians!
Enemy sentients!
If Xan still had his powers he'd sell cloned brains of him for a discount price!
Sig! Onol

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: April 10, 2015, 06:05:41 pm »

Well, if you don't use them for a bit, the manip brains do rest and regain mindpoints(as demonstrated by RC's experiments). Also, people with Med(such as faith) can tell how "used up" a brain is and gauge when they need to rest them(or swap for a spare).

And if you restat quickly you might be able to get on the mission simpy, due to the fact you're a vet with med experience, two things that are sorely lacking on the ground mission :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15574 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:03 pm »

One for Our blackops

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: April 10, 2015, 06:11:46 pm »

Is...Is that a real game? That's not just a photoshop to fuck with us right?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: April 10, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »

Hey, would it be possible to pick an unpicked potion, or is that whole thing closed now?

Is this actually possible?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: April 10, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »

That better be a real game.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: April 10, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »

Nope. Photoshop
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: April 10, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »

I now have new head-canon for Milno's appearance. That bland, blank, inscrutably unimpressed and totally uninterested in giving-a-shit face!

@Irony It was mostly over IRC, but there should be logs somewhere posted in this thread.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: April 10, 2015, 06:27:24 pm »

Oh yeah, and IRC is used for everything nowadays, which for really lazy inattentive people like me is kind of a bummer, but I never need what they do for anything anyway so I'm good.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15581 on: April 10, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »

Hey, would it be possible to pick an unpicked potion, or is that whole thing closed now?

Go for it

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: April 10, 2015, 06:43:28 pm »

Go for it
Is i cool if i get in on this potion picking?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15583 on: April 10, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »

Go for it
Is i cool if i get in on this potion picking?
Sure. Long as it hasn't been taken.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15584 on: April 10, 2015, 06:47:27 pm »

@heroguy: You might want to keep the sniper conversion. IIRC, piecewise just allowed you to auto-succeed due to the proximity of the mission, but he might decide to roll this time and you risk breaking your rifle in three parts and then shooting yourself in the foot with it unless your Handiwork is good. Also, it seems most potions have temporary effects.

@IronyOw: We have some IRC logs of some important discussions lying around in OOC and there are many more items in the armory. The wiki's a grand repository of knowledge and the mysteries section had more stuff thrown into it. I also discovered Milno can produce diamonds via sharkmist, which has amused me way more than it reasonably should.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:49:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 2205