Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494823 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15270 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:12 am »

Also, I shuffled a bit in team composition. Lars is now in team 2 cause he's also getting a battlesuit.))
Huh, so the two earlier medics are both on team Gyromitra, while Lyra is designated medic for team Snapdragon... okay. At this point it might be a good idea to sort the people by weaponry available and compose the teams based on that, but... duh. Oh well, I trust RC's judgement.

On the battlesuit & prototypes: Isn't assaultsuit coming, after all? Or is there a specific reason to choose a battlesuit over an assaultsuit (apart from the armor composition difference)?

Also, freebies prototypes are cool. In that they actually allow for equipment to be tested without much economical considerations for characters (except if they lose/break it without damn good reason), spice up the equipment setup (since it varies with mission independent of your own equipping strategy) and are not of much trouble since they go back to the Armory stock afterwards.
The only thing we might want to avoid is testing out three assaultsuits at the same time (:P) but otherwise it should not be much of a problem, I hope.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: April 07, 2015, 08:37:47 am »

Isn't assaultsuit coming, after all? Or is there a specific reason to choose a battlesuit over an assaultsuit (apart from the armor composition difference)?

We have no idea on stats or requirements for that thing.

Huh, so the two earlier medics are both on team Gyromitra, while Lyra is designated medic for team Snapdragon... okay. At this point it might be a good idea to sort the people by weaponry available and compose the teams based on that, but... duh. Oh well, I trust RC's judgement.

Well, there's a LOT of people to divide... but most of those are newbs anyway. The 3 medics have equal skill in med, so that's same as well. Lyra has better equipment than the other medics, sure, but it's kinda hard to perfectly balance soo many peeps. How many 0 mission newbs is a vet like morul worth? How many battlesuits and newbs for an avatar? So, I've tried to sorta have some armor, exo, con, and support on both teams, but I don't feel like starting to make spreadsheets.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: April 07, 2015, 08:47:28 am »

Well, there's a LOT of people to divide... but most of those are newbs anyway. The 3 medics have equal skill in med, so that's same as well. Lyra has better equipment than the other medics, sure, but it's kinda hard to perfectly balance soo many peeps. How many 0 mission newbs is a vet like morul worth? How many battlesuits and newbs for an avatar? So, I've tried to sorta have some armor, exo, con, and support on both teams, but I don't feel like starting to make spreadsheets.
Sure, sounds reasonable.
And yeah, as I said, I trust your judgement. You make the final call and carry the responsibility, after all; and then you're our glorious General. That has to amount to something. ;)

Isn't assaultsuit coming, after all? Or is there a specific reason to choose a battlesuit over an assaultsuit (apart from the armor composition difference)?
Heeey, Syv? We want your toys here!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: April 07, 2015, 09:13:32 am »

The MKIII-A isn't coming, I took it off the shipping manifest page on the Wiki. I'm still not sure what all is going on with the council in regard to it, and it's not going to be useful for the next mission anyway. Will maybe toss some more advanced science its way to make it perform better.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: April 07, 2015, 10:21:24 am »

Also, I shuffled a bit in team composition. Lars is now in team 2 cause he's also getting a battlesuit.

Wait what? Since when did Lars buy a battlesuit?

After the briefing. Gotta put those 26 tokens to use.

Toaster, you still wanna try the PEW and/or plasma steak stake? If yes, add your name to fund page on wiki.

Done.  PEW PEW PEW!  I don't see an entry on the plasma stake, so not sure if Lars is qualified to use that.

I don't think anyone does, as many times as I've asked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: April 07, 2015, 10:37:37 am »

@ Lyra being only medic on T2:
please make sure someone is carrying a medkit. Lyra doesn't keep one on her (or anything else, typically), and although her venom is a decent alternate for minor-to-middling wounds, she can't use it without atmosphere and it isn't enough for critical wounds.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15276 on: April 07, 2015, 10:41:04 am »

Does she have any tokens?

If not, fund can help out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: April 07, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

Done.  PEW PEW PEW!  I don't see an entry on the plasma stake, so not sure if Lars is qualified to use that.

The Jet Magnum got a stat-up in the Heph OOC thread. Battlesuit or larger body, Uncon +1 minimum. I guess I might as well put it into the wiki now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: April 07, 2015, 11:05:25 am »

No, and it's her fur that goes invis, not carried items. She isn't going to want to be carrying the medkit most of the time, though if you issue it to her she'll probably take it with her anyway, and just be mildly unhappy about it / prone to leaving it behind if threatened.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:27 am »

The Jet Magnum got a stat-up in the Heph OOC thread. Battlesuit or larger body, Uncon +1 minimum. I guess I might as well put it into the wiki now.

Ah.  Nope, he sure isn't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: April 07, 2015, 11:16:24 am »

Speaking of Uncon, that's still what governs the use of melee weapons, right? Swords, clubs, axes and what-not?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:45 am »

Yep.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:06 am »

No, and it's her fur that goes invis, not carried items. She isn't going to want to be carrying the medkit most of the time, though if you issue it to her she'll probably take it with her anyway, and just be mildly unhappy about it / prone to leaving it behind if threatened.

Doesn't she need to wear a suit on the heabi planet anyways? If yes, then the point is kinda moot, no? Or does she have a stealthsuit.

Ah.  Nope, he sure isn't.

Well then sean, would you like me to test it for you? Or wait till later? I have no real need for extra weapons, but I could if it's needed (and if flint leaves after this mission, and lars has no uncon, then I'll be the only one who can use it anyways. Though I could also postpone testing till a later mission.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: April 07, 2015, 11:38:10 am »

Yep.
Groovy.

Doesn't she need to wear a suit on the heabi planet anyways? If yes, then the point is kinda moot, no? Or does she have a stealthsuit.
This reminds me of another thing I was wondering: do synthflesh bodies need to wear a suit to survive in vacuum/whatever or are they more akin to robobodies?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:16 am »

Mission volunteers Dorsidwarf, Kedly and Peradon have not respecced as far as I know. I'll check the reality thread if they happened to edit their posts at some point of time.

EDIT: Dorsidwarf got generalist build I missed, but Kedly and Peradon still need to update their sheets.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:47:23 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 2205