Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490850 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14925 on: April 03, 2015, 06:06:32 am »

But where does this put meatlings with prosthetics (non-full-body)? Ohhh... halflings?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: April 03, 2015, 06:10:16 am »

But where does this put meatlings with prosthetics (non-full-body)? Ohhh... halflings?
Well, if you want, but I like it as any inorganic modifications make you... A Metalist? We need to figure out a name for robotic players.
Perhaps we could split hairs further and have names for meatling vets and newbies as well as metalist vets and newbies, like meatling and steaker.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: April 03, 2015, 06:12:00 am »

Meatling vet = beefcake?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: April 03, 2015, 06:13:29 am »

Robotic vet= Clanker!
Alan help.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: April 03, 2015, 07:01:16 am »

Ugh. I've goten to the point where Mesor shows up. Just reading what he types makes my IQ dribble out my ears
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: April 03, 2015, 07:17:47 am »

Really? I don't remember his writing being that bad.
I mean, he was pretty petty and absolutely refused to give up to an annoying degree on something even when he was obviously outclassed by orders of magnitude, but his grammar was alright.
Alan help.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: April 03, 2015, 07:42:33 am »

Direct Quote from the bottom of page 123 of the on ship thread:

"Nope sorry i think ill try the med bay first im attached to my fingers."

(( Ill sort the AI or VI out first then ill see if i need to upgrade my tablet to handle it but since im going for a normal AI not one like Steve the tablet should do it.
Also GM can we get like an implant directly into our brains?
What he said about it requiring a human brain got me thinking maybe i could make the AI and intergrate it into my own brain and then connect it upto the HUD network to allow it to send and receive information to the whole team ))

This was AFTER he made a bit of an effort to stop talking in smilies and internet slang
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14932 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:27 am »

I'm sad to say I don't remember this person...
Actually wait. Was he the one who ended up dying on a mission when he was getting murdered by a robot and decided to dose up on Timmy Tears? I think I remember that guy, just didn't recognize the username.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:35 am »

@Pyro: I was getting a lot of timeouts when I tried connecting to irc.darkmyst.org through SSL with Chatzilla. It stopped when I selected a specific server (odyssey.de.eu.darkmyst.org). Are you trying anything similar?

Just did, no avail.

Hexchat's failing to get through too.

Give Mibbit a go; it goes through port 80.

Failing that, Darkmyst allows SSL connections on port 6697.  If they're just blocking port 6667 (possible) then connecting over that port should do the trick.

I'm sad to say I don't remember this person...
Actually wait. Was he the one who ended up dying on a mission when he was getting murdered by a robot and decided to dose up on Timmy Tears? I think I remember that guy, just didn't recognize the username.

I believe that was his second incarnation, yes.  His first one got instagibbed by the AM.

Radio:  Lars can sit out of this mission if you need a spot for another new player.  It'll give him a chance to work on your assignment, anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: April 03, 2015, 11:25:13 am »

Also, just putting this out there, but depending on how well joker mission goes I may be in the market for exo related shenanigans. So if anyone gets a nyarsifact that uses will or exo and they don't want it, they can always send me a message and I'll probably buy it if I've got the tokens for it. Or if the Heph people make an exo whatever and need someone to test it out.

That is, assuming of course, that I'll live. oh dear. 

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28:35 am »

You, I would think, have the highest chance of surviving.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: April 03, 2015, 11:31:03 am »

You, I would think, have the highest chance of surviving.
I think, if things go tits up, that entire ship and everything in it is doomed. Call me a pessimist, but I don't view space magic as something that helps people survive. It's quite good at making people die faster, though.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: April 03, 2015, 11:36:06 am »

Oh, wonderful. I'll look forward to it if something Exo crops out, since I kinda respecced away from Exo this time.
Also, you might as well want to contact Simus IC on that, since she has a Nyartifact amp lying around gathering dust (which might or might not be sentient or something). Just a tip.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:01 am »

-snip-
Yeah, we've talked about that thing before. I ain't jamming that into my brain. In fact, I'm not going to jam any nyarsifact into my brain. I enjoy weird xenoshit magiscience, but there are limits to my folly.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: April 03, 2015, 11:49:32 am »

Ah, sure, no problem. Sorry, I have forgotten.

In your professional opinion, what is the minimal Exo required to attempt dealing with that thing?
(I believe I have enough Mind and boldnessfoolishness to try even now, but the practical skill is a bit lacking.)
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2205