Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488395 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14820 on: April 02, 2015, 02:18:01 pm »

Afraid not, on lunch. Also not going to be able to get on irc much for the next four or five days. Will try though
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: April 02, 2015, 02:18:11 pm »

I'm kinda wanting to join a mission, but at the same time I don't know if my sheet is finished correctly.
I also need to requisition a badass eyepatch from the AM, but I imagine I'd have time to do that before we have to blast off...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:14 pm »

It was for equipment stuff. Could you maybe check who has stuff that can replace whatever they ought to get, then send me the finalised wishlist?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:40 pm »

Yeah, will do
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: April 02, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »

Alrighty, I have a question regarding my precious self.

Since my character is basically a brain in a shell, all of his physical stats (end, dex, str) are defined by his shell, so how can it be played out IC should I wish to improve one of those with points earned on mission? Or, say, I move to another shell with some points spent in, say, strength - how can I play IC that my robobdy is more buffed than factory settings consider it to be?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: April 02, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »

The way it works now is that you're not changing the physical strength of your body, just increasing your level of control of your strength.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »

Alrighty, I have a question regarding my precious self.

Since my character is basically a brain in a shell, all of his physical stats (end, dex, str) are defined by his shell, so how can it be played out IC should I wish to improve one of those with points earned on mission? Or, say, I move to another shell with some points spent in, say, strength - how can I play IC that my robobdy is more buffed than factory settings consider it to be?

Knowing how to apply your strength and generally better physical technique is one of the standard answers. And I'm fairly certain Strength now is more of a mental/muscle memory thing than an actual gauge of the total force you can exert.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: April 02, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »

Okay. Got it. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: April 02, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »

Temporary ground team lists, subject to change:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that cap is at 10 per team, we're at 9. People can still sign up, but then we will have to think long and hard on who goes. Because right now, it's A LOT of 0 and 1 mission newbs.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »

Which...which team is which? Where in the name of sweet bearded baby J did you get those team names?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: April 02, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »

Which...which team is which? Where in the name of sweet bearded baby J did you get those team names?

What?

It sounded topical.

Anyways, there's only two teams, one team for each drop site.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: April 02, 2015, 03:39:08 pm »

Awesome, it's going to be like mission 7 all over again. Mostly noobs with a couple vets to guide them, in a high combat mission.

One of them doesn't even have a weapon, just a helmet and some stilts.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:42 pm »

Added some roles

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lot of this probably will be (partially) inaccurate until respecs all done, but it gives an idea.

That idea is pain.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:18:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: April 02, 2015, 03:45:50 pm »

Ha, I need tokens but I have very little to offer on such a mission. Guns vs. evil plants doesn't sound too hopeful.
I suppose I have some chewing gum- someone with handiwork could use it to rig up a makeshift flamethrower or something.
Oh, and a lunchbox full o' drugs is always handy. The teams should be fighting over me! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: April 02, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

While we're on the subject of missions: ANYONE WHO STILL WANTS TO JOIN THE MISSION FOR ONE OF THE GROUND TEAMS, THIS IS THE LAST CALL! Will close signups in a few days so I can divide, hopefully will have done equipment stuff for blops by then as well.
Lyra is neutral on the matter of going on-mission or not, and has no preferred team. If any of the teams wants / needs her, let her know. this includes the blops team if they want her.

also, I haven't been tracking the ooc and respec thread all that closely, but do I need to respec yet again or something? I thought I'd just done that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 2205