Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486444 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14340 on: March 27, 2015, 03:37:26 pm »

It would be good if it included things like the laser rifle's power and dispersion dials, gauss rifle's overcharge, and crystalline projector's injector. The little extras that a lot of weapons seem to have.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: March 27, 2015, 03:41:30 pm »

Is it just me, or did the effect strength requirements of a lot of weapons go up?

The Sibilus and cutting laser in particular stood out; before, they had the same requirement (Str 5) as the rocket rifle.  Now, the latter requires simply non-negative strength while the first two require exoskeletons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: March 27, 2015, 03:48:02 pm »

It would be good if it included things like the laser rifle's power and dispersion dials, gauss rifle's overcharge, and crystalline projector's injector. The little extras that a lot of weapons seem to have.

Can always add those things to their own page, keep the armory cleaner, so to speak.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: March 27, 2015, 03:49:38 pm »

The little extras can be added to the Weapon Statistics page. For a list that's used primarily for shopping, it's not strictly needed.

As for things that should be added to Con: The Gungnir electrolaser, the Red Hand, and the two FELs - Spektr and Raduga, have technically been entered into the armory already. They're down in the Prototypes section of the Armory wiki page. I can provide writeups for them if needed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:51:47 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: March 27, 2015, 03:53:35 pm »

The little extras can be added to the Weapon Statistics page. For a list that's used primarily for shopping, it's not strictly needed.

As for things that should be added to Con: The Gungnir electrolaser, the Red Hand, and the two FELs - Spektr and Raduga, have technically been entered into the armory already. They're down in the Prototypes section of the Armory wiki page. I can provide writeups for them if needed.
Yeah, that might be best, other prototypes got written by their designers as well. And saves pw some work, there's still a lot of other stuff in there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: March 27, 2015, 03:59:00 pm »

Hmm. Maybe it would be possible to give a non-augmented human a strength roll every time they try to use an overweight weapon?  An exoskeleton or synthflesh would completely remove the roll. That way humans could still use big guns, but it would be a lot riskier. It would make the strength stat more relevant, give semi-noobs more options, and give Piecewise more chances to injure us.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14346 on: March 27, 2015, 03:59:53 pm »

Noteworthy that clearly some weapons need the strength because of recoil (anything gauss) while others are simply just huge (lasers and friends.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: March 27, 2015, 04:05:58 pm »

Hmm. Maybe it would be possible to give a non-augmented human a strength roll every time they try to use an overweight weapon?  An exoskeleton or synthflesh would completely remove the roll. That way humans could still use big guns, but it would be a lot riskier. It would make the strength stat more relevant, give semi-noobs more options, and give Piecewise more chances to injure us.
I imagine PW might allow that if it comes up, but I think the armory is more to see what your options are. And I don't really see people buying guns that are too heavy for them to use, at least not on purpose.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »

Also, does that +2 Str requirement for Heavy Gauss Cannon and Piezoelectric Shard Launcher go away with synth-flesh strength or better?
And yeah, it seems that the implied strength requirements have gone up a bit. But maybe it conveys the GM's idea more correctly this way, rather than the initial stat requirements did.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: March 27, 2015, 04:34:36 pm »

Wait, so Guass weapons are rail guns right?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: March 27, 2015, 04:38:32 pm »

No, they are coilguns. Rails wear off too soon, so the only rail gun in the armory is LESHO rifle.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14351 on: March 27, 2015, 04:43:40 pm »

Oh, well, I still don't understand how they have recoil.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: March 27, 2015, 04:52:37 pm »

The laws of physics? Equal and opposite reaction, and objects at rest tend to stay that way. The slug wants to stay still while the magnets pull. The round will pull the gun back while the gun pulls the round forward.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14353 on: March 27, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »

I wonder if anyone is brave enough to take -2 Fate and be a disaster magnet.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »

Writing up the things:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I.. think I got most of it right.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2205