Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491409 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13950 on: March 13, 2015, 10:57:09 pm »

Joker team?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: March 13, 2015, 11:28:53 pm »

I wouldn't at present because at least one member would try to kill me upon recognition I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: March 13, 2015, 11:32:15 pm »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:08 pm »

Joker team?

Black Ops.
In that case, definitely not. They don't even exist technically.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: March 13, 2015, 11:56:51 pm »

Ha! Hehe. Sure, I would. Still do, seeing as how I keep going on these missions.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: March 14, 2015, 12:30:44 am »

I hope the next set of missions doesn't require the Joker team. I wanted some good ol' on-ship vacations which won't really be vacations because I have people to recruit and actually try to instruct (if Milno makes it out of M16). "Crucible by fire" is really a terrible way to train people who are supposed to be subtle.

A man can hope, but I believe it's one of the cases where those hopes are in vain.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: March 14, 2015, 02:43:41 am »

Somebody had this idea to employ drill sergeant to prepare newcoming ARM troopers. Given not all of the troopers were combatants prior to assignment and even those who were sometimes have very vague knowledge of such things as "discipline" and "hierarchy", that might be a really good idea.
My character, for instance was into hunger games-like bloodsports, so he knows how to deadify things, yet he is a bit more focused on the image of the death rather than certainty of death. The reason speaks to him, so he refuses from blatantly ineffective methods, but the habits of making death look, well, deadly to observers are still strong.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:54:59 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: March 14, 2015, 02:50:31 am »

Unfortunately, most of time we're pressed for time. I already ran a simulation with two newbies once and I think all we learned by its end was that both had high probabilities of dying to space magic-incidents caused by one of them judging by the amount of VR deaths. That was a bit before China-9 and the inmates were Nekarios and Nikitian (the character).

I may try to create a quick VR course with more detailed sections for Joker.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: March 14, 2015, 04:40:30 am »

You should run another simulation with people to predict what kills them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: March 14, 2015, 04:50:28 am »

You should run another simulation with people to predict what kills them.

The Tomb of Typical ARM Safety Hazards.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: March 14, 2015, 05:48:51 am »

"The place where no shadow is cast by the sun"

GDI guys.
Here's a question for you: Would you trust Joker team with your life?
Hmm. Depends on who's in that team. But probably yes.

I hope the next set of missions doesn't require the Joker team. I wanted some good ol' on-ship vacations which won't really be vacations because I have people to recruit and actually try to instruct (if Milno makes it out of M16). "Crucible by fire" is really a terrible way to train people who are supposed to be subtle.

A man can hope, but I believe it's one of the cases where those hopes are in vain.
You know, you don't have to be on every blops mission. Putting someone you trust in charge and letting them do their thing and trust in the outcome is a good alternative.

Somebody had this idea to employ drill sergeant to prepare newcoming ARM troopers. Given not all of the troopers were combatants prior to assignment and even those who were sometimes have very vague knowledge of such things as "discipline" and "hierarchy", that might be a really good idea.
My character, for instance was into hunger games-like bloodsports, so he knows how to deadify things, yet he is a bit more focused on the image of the death rather than certainty of death. The reason speaks to him, so he refuses from blatantly ineffective methods, but the habits of making death look, well, deadly to observers are still strong.

Possible problem, who would this be for? To train players, or give characters an IC excuse to know some tactics?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: March 14, 2015, 07:12:43 am »

Well if the current practice of treating newcomers gives accptable results, we probably don't need to do anything about it. I don't have enough knowledge on this matter.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: March 14, 2015, 08:56:05 am »

Milno, yes. The rest? Probably not.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: March 14, 2015, 09:19:05 am »

The only member Pan would trust with his life is Skylar. And "trusting" is already stretching it a bit.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: March 14, 2015, 09:48:17 am »

For the last few days, I've been having "Uptown Funk" stuck in my head. I can't stop listening to it!

send help
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 2205