Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491880 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13905 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:47 am »

@Lenglon: what good will coma fur do when Lyra is wearing her spess suit most of the time? Or are you planning on ditching that?

Because if streaking 24/7 is what you want, may I suggest saving up a bit, buying a synthflesh catbody, than buying skin (and whatever else needed) to cover it with? Much more bang for buck, and she could get razor sharp fangs and claws to rip throats with and other such fun stuff.
it matters because it's her body, not some machine or robot, it's HER. same as why she wants to keep pain turned on. She wants to seem like she's still organic, and to be able to be treated as such, both to others and to herself.
It's an acceptance of being robotized thing. needs to happen slowly.

Well sure, just saying you could save some of your tokens now so that, whenever Lyra is ready/forced to go full robo, she'll have the dough to look into better options from the start.
Of course, no one has to stay a robot. Could just buy back your body.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: March 13, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

By the way, I can recall someone developing a heavy robot body. What will be the price? 20 tokens, like batllesuit?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: March 13, 2015, 10:21:47 am »

Well sure, just saying you could save some of your tokens now so that, whenever Lyra is ready/forced to go full robo, she'll have the dough to look into better options from the start.
That can be applied to all body-upgrade purchases, no matter how nice or not. if the body is destroyed, then the upgrade is gone, so spend upgrades elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that's why almost nobody is willing to pay for the Doctor's services.

Lyra has decided to make the most of her tokens now, to be able to contribute the best she can in her own way, and they are lost, they're lost.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:01 am »

That can be applied to all body-upgrade purchases, no matter how nice or not. if the body is destroyed, then the upgrade is gone, so spend upgrades elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that's why almost nobody is willing to pay for the Doctor's services.

Lyra has decided to make the most of her tokens now, to be able to contribute the best she can in her own way, and they are lost, they're lost.

Not... Really I think. If you have a flesh body and only your head remains, you don't just get it back. But if you can keep the helmet of a Mk.III or torso of a synthbody (where the braincase resides) you get the missing parts refunded no cost.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: March 13, 2015, 10:33:53 am »

Those aren't Doctor upgrades. Faith lost her medkit mod when she was botted. all other Doctor mods have either been 100% vaporized, gone idle and been NPCd, or haven't suffered heavy injury.

again, Lyra needs an adjustment period before she'd accept a heavier modification than this anyway. my list for this mod is literally her ENTIRE wishlist right now. this IS her endgame build at this time, nicer bodies require her to be more accepting of being botted than she currently is.

so why not get what she wants?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:29 am »

"Hey Doc, if I give you 50 tokens, how close to the gods can you get me?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13911 on: March 13, 2015, 10:40:45 am »

@Toaster: Mythril armour and full anti-space-magic shield automanipulators.

@Lenglon: Got 5 tokens I don't need I could lend you, as long as Beirus doesn't want to extend his loan. And sure, continuing the poacher sounds good to me. Not so sure about how happy piecewise would be about that though.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:43:26 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: March 13, 2015, 11:03:33 am »

Those aren't Doctor upgrades. Faith lost her medkit mod when she was botted. all other Doctor mods have either been 100% vaporized, gone idle and been NPCd, or haven't suffered heavy injury.

again, Lyra needs an adjustment period before she'd accept a heavier modification than this anyway. my list for this mod is literally her ENTIRE wishlist right now. this IS her endgame build at this time, nicer bodies require her to be more accepting of being botted than she currently is.

so why not get what she wants?

Oh sure, if that's what she wants, go for it. Just reminding you of the powergaming munchkin options honestly. You can spend it all on frilly party hats if you want.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: March 13, 2015, 11:21:25 am »

By the way, besides over throwing the UWM what's ARM's main goal? Like, there has to be some plan that doesn't just make us UWM 2.0 right?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: March 13, 2015, 11:25:09 am »

By the way, besides over throwing the UWM what's ARM's main goal? Like, there has to be some plan that doesn't just make us UWM 2.0 right?

Presumably, but it's not a plan you get to know about. Yet.

Miyamoto probably knows a bit about it, though. Maybe some black ops people, though I wouldn't count on it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: March 13, 2015, 11:25:39 am »

You'd be surprised how few revolutions actually have an idea of what to do after they succeed. For ARM I just assumed it would be a dictatorship under Steve without it obviously being a dictatorship.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13916 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:18 am »

Another permadeath.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: March 13, 2015, 12:00:31 pm »

You added Thaddeus to the wall of remembrance, when is was Michael who died.
Also you never added Sambo.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: March 13, 2015, 12:01:31 pm »

Still a,axed that I've not been bot'd yet.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: March 13, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »

Well then. Will someone bring my corpse along? I kinda like my flesh, so I prefer to not be beheaded.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 2205