Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493883 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13530 on: March 03, 2015, 03:28:53 pm »

I wonder if it is possible to kill the alien sun before or while the mating happens.
I mean, keeping it from crashing down to ground is good, but then again it is to keep the Eater from reproducing? Your call, of course.

Though if one had a MFM, it could be worth considering Ice9ing the Eater-dad; hopefully it'd also kill the Eater-mom.

Why keep the Eater from reproducing? It doesn't seem to have been harming anyone while it was doing whatever else it does in the system, and it is a very fascinating lifeform to be sure.

Studying it would probably be far more valuable, given that we now know much more about what it might actually be, and that Steve's whole plan here seems to have been to find out how to use something like this for maximum directed murder and sabotage potential.

Imagine implanting worlds with the Eater's seedlings, or perhaps directing the false sun to strike at worlds once the method of its guidance is known.
Eater "pheromone" shells are a new cheap WMD, I guess. One shot and you can bring the wrath of an angry burning god down upon the target area.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:08 pm »

That means the Chief needs to catch one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: March 03, 2015, 03:33:34 pm »

That means the Chief needs to catch one.

If only I had something to fashion a magnetic containment unit out of. Gauss rifle maybe could work.

But then Chief would need to know how plasma works, which seems like a really big stretch, honestly.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: March 03, 2015, 03:36:41 pm »

Uhhh
Hm. Wouldn't his peculiar genius guide him intuitively just what to do to catch a tiny living WMD?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: March 03, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

Intuition roll go!  Find some way to attract one and lead it out to the shuttle, where better containment could be brought to you!

"Hey Steve, it followed me home.  Can I keep it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: March 03, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

There were attracted to something earlier, yeah? A flame?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:26 pm »

There were attracted to something earlier, yeah? A flame?

That's... a good point.

If Chief manages to not die... well, we'll see, will we not?

Uhhh
Hm. Wouldn't his peculiar genius guide him intuitively just what to do to catch a tiny living WMD?

Her, if you mean Chief. And probably not.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: March 03, 2015, 03:44:07 pm »

Ah, my bad. Sorry then. :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: March 03, 2015, 03:48:26 pm »

Welp, time to go through the process of getting all that IC knowledge again.
And everything else that'll be buggery. Ah well, price of being a Xan :P
At least the new rolling system will help me with this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: March 03, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

I wonder if it is possible to kill the alien sun before or while the mating happens.
I mean, keeping it from crashing down to ground is good, but then again it is to keep the Eater from reproducing? Your call, of course.

Though if one had a MFM, it could be worth considering Ice9ing the Eater-dad; hopefully it'd also kill the Eater-mom.
This would be a GREAT time to field-test most of the LONG RANGE CONVENTIONAL WEAPONRY here :X
But anyone in Mission 18/16 lacks the requisite tokens and/or weapons to do so.
...And we can't airdrop weapons, sadly. Like a field-requisition. Argh. -_-

It would be GREAT if the M16 team had that, and provided fire support... :P

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: March 03, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »

Just do what you can, I guess!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: March 03, 2015, 04:19:53 pm »

This would be a GREAT time to field-test most of the LONG RANGE CONVENTIONAL WEAPONRY here :X
But anyone in Mission 18/16 lacks the requisite tokens and/or weapons to do so.
...And we can't airdrop weapons, sadly. Like a field-requisition. Argh. -_-

It would be GREAT if the M16 team had that, and provided fire support... :P
"Yeah, let's go fire ICBMs at the angry sun a continent or two over while in the middle of robbing a bank, I'm sure that the government will believe that ordinary back robbers had access to weapons with world-spanning range and fired them at a glow on the bulldozing they shouldn't have known was actually a flame cicada elemental!"
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:11 pm »

To be fair, this is really a case for the Sword's weaponry if it comes to that.  I doubt even a fission instigator would do more than give it an itch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: March 03, 2015, 04:28:34 pm »

Just do what you can, I guess!

....Bloody pheromones and/or thermal(?) pheromones.

I am unsure how to pacify this creature other than me using Sean Mirrsen's plasma-ish...electric gun ._.
NOR am I confident in this one plan I had in mind, because I did not buy a bomb I could strap to myself and use. :I
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:30:38 pm by Tiruin »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: March 03, 2015, 04:30:46 pm »

Welp, time to go through the process of getting all that IC knowledge again.
And everything else that'll be buggery. Ah well, price of being a Xan :P
At least the new rolling system will help me with this.
Next time try doing what I did: leaving data capsules for future characters (in your case, future iterations of Xan).

You have easier start because you have the Xan-spawner as the single shared point of all future iterations. So just invent a place to put future notes (Xan's locker, obviously, or - some other place for secrecy, say) *before* you spawn off another clone, so that all future clones would at least know where to look.

@Tiruin
Actually, maybe request AM orbital amp support? Short of that, maybe a massive reaction caused by Universal manip matter transformation or something (RC certainly did a nice trick with that nuclear reaction in the Battle for Hexbarax simulation); or allowing Flint to power artifact weapon from a secondary Sword's powersource (actual test firing!).
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 2205