Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493698 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13515 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »

I think the Doctor drank Xan like a milkshake through a straw. With Xan being the eldritch-flavoured milkshake and the vents being the straw.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: March 03, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »

I think the Doctor drank Xan like a milkshake through a straw. With Xan being the eldritch-flavoured milkshake and the vents being the straw.

Was that his plan all along? Keep Xan around as a cheap, easy source of refreshment?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13517 on: March 03, 2015, 02:28:41 pm »

Was that his plan all along? Keep Xan around as a cheap, easy source of refreshment?
Yes, refreshment and amusement, I imagine. Perhaps even a source of new flavours ideas.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: March 03, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »

"Note to self: Add more souls. And cinnamon. Definitely needs cinnamon."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13519 on: March 03, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »

If you think about it, it's like a holiday present. Once per mission, a new Xan arrives and somehow becomes a different kind of fleshorror that causes massive damage and then dies horribly. It's perfect for someone like the First Doctor.

Irrelevant: I looked up how to use references in the wiki. You can use <ref>url</ref> to add references and {{Reflist}} to display them. You can use this to make the source of a certain source of info easier to find. More info here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Reflist

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: March 03, 2015, 02:47:17 pm »

I get the impression that Simus will stop sending out Xan clones if they keep going full flesh horror.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13521 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »

So, wait, those flaming tentacles are actually... Heh. Guess that explains the glass tunnels.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »

Best intuition roll yet, I'd say.

I do think I understand what we're trying to do. We want to set free the Eater so that it can unite with its mate(s), and so said mate(s) don't crash into the ground and nuke everything in a several thousand kilometer radius. I could be wrong, of course.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:09:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »

Best intuition roll yet, I'd say.

I do think I understand what we're trying to do. We want to set free the Eater so that it can unite with its mate(s), and so said mate(s) don't crash into the ground and nuke everything in a several thousand kilometer radius. I could be wrong, of course.
Good a guess as any, though it begs the question of what this Pit we're supposed to get the Eater to is for.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: March 03, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

Good a guess as any, though it begs the question of what this Pit we're supposed to get the Eater to is for.

Maybe it's designated as an area where the Eater can escape upward with the fire elemental equivalent of pheromones.

Right now, piecewise has done the thing that I appreciate him the most for. The amount of information given with that intuition roll is best described as just enough to fire up the imagination, but not enough to figure things out immediately. I do enjoy that, I really do.

I mean, I already sort of knew it was some form of reproduction or fabrication mechanism, but I just wasn't putting it into cool insect terms, you know?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:16:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

I wonder if it is possible to kill the alien sun before or while the mating happens.
I mean, keeping it from crashing down to ground is good, but then again it is to keep the Eater from reproducing? Your call, of course.

Though if one had a MFM, it could be worth considering Ice9ing the Eater-dad; hopefully it'd also kill the Eater-mom.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: March 03, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »

Huh, so the little fireballs in that one chamber might have been Eater larvae? Where's a nuke when you need one.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:31 pm »

Right now, piecewise has done the thing that I appreciate him the most for. The amount of information given with that intuition roll is best described as just enough to fire up the imagination, but not enough to figure things out immediately. I do enjoy that, I really do.

I mean, I already sort of knew it was some form of reproduction or fabrication mechanism, but I just wasn't putting it into cool insect terms, you know?
I totally understand, yeah. Makes for a fun game!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: March 03, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »

I wonder if it is possible to kill the alien sun before or while the mating happens.
I mean, keeping it from crashing down to ground is good, but then again it is to keep the Eater from reproducing? Your call, of course.

Though if one had a MFM, it could be worth considering Ice9ing the Eater-dad; hopefully it'd also kill the Eater-mom.

Why keep the Eater from reproducing? It doesn't seem to have been harming anyone while it was doing whatever else it does in the system, and it is a very fascinating lifeform to be sure.

Studying it would probably be far more valuable, given that we now know much more about what it might actually be, and that Steve's whole plan here seems to have been to find out how to use something like this for maximum directed murder and sabotage potential.

Imagine implanting worlds with the Eater's seedlings, or perhaps directing the false sun to strike at unwanted installations once the method of its guidance is known.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:27:21 pm by Harry Baldman »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: March 03, 2015, 03:28:37 pm »

Why keep the Eater from reproducing? It doesn't seem to have been harming anyone while it was doing whatever else it does in the system, and it is a very fascinating lifeform to be sure.

Studying it would probably be far more valuable, given that we now know much more about what it might actually be, and that Steve's whole plan here seems to have been to find out how to use something like this for maximum directed murder and sabotage potential.

Imagine implanting worlds with the Eater's seedlings, or perhaps directing the false sun to strike at unwanted installations once the method of its guidance is known.
Maybe Steve could send some people down to abduct the tiny fireballs, put them on a UWM world to mature, and then watch the fun.
Or just bombard the UWM with the tiny fireballs. Like Super Mario. IN SPACE!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:07:35 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 2205