Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491886 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10920 on: November 11, 2014, 04:52:37 pm »

Damn straight!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10921 on: November 11, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

Worse, it's difficult for us to stop, because we'd need to mindread every incoming worker, and the only person we have that's capable of that is the AM.
Actually, Lars is pretty good at it, as shown in the data recovery mission and I'll be getting similar stats and equipment soon, hopefully after this mission. Assuming an hour for each one plus an hour rest, plus 8 hours of sleep mean you can process 8 crewmen a day, which means you can be done in a week. Sure, he doesn't provide the 99.999% certainty of the AM, but 95% certain is still much better than nothing. That, added to the fact that you can build a perfect Orwellian state with Aresteve there to keep an eye on everyone make the danger of something bad happening extremely low. I think you just need to add some more security measures (like making sure those spare sods are patrolling somewhere) and expand your monitoring network, maybe even upgrade Aresteve if it is possible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:32 pm »

As to your first point, that Lars could do it, Lars isn't always around.  We might be able to have him analyze a group after each mission or something, but he's not entirely reliable.  Also, he might die, although that's very unlikely.  If you actually do come to stay on Heph, that could work well.

As to your second point, that we could create an orwellian state... that's pretty much what I want, yeah.  We just haven't done that.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: November 11, 2014, 07:56:47 pm »

Here is new plan for Mission 16: http://imgur.com/gallery/GEhxS

If only our objective was money, I would be totally up for this plan :P

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: November 11, 2014, 08:09:25 pm »

Sadly, they don't pay in tokens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10925 on: November 11, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »

Here is new plan for Mission 16: http://imgur.com/gallery/GEhxS
If only our objective was money, I would be totally up for this plan :P
Here's an idea. Put some of that unlimited money Steve is giving you in an account somewhere off world. That way, if you ever need to get away from the ARM, you can use that fund to live like kings.

And that plan has some merit. If you're lucky, you could end up getting a job at the appropriate position.  Or maybe even become the bank's director with the right moves.

...what if you bought the bank? Or the firm that runs their cleaning or their money drops? Or just bribed/blackmailed someone important working in them? Or just gave the appropriate people lots and lots and lots of money plus a cut of everything you steal to let you get in and steal everything?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: November 11, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »

Deposit the cash in a reasonable interest rate account.  Considering the objective/subjective time shenanigans going on, by the time you get back to it the fund will be worth FAR more than you started with.

Also, he might die, although that's very unlikely.

Lars has the protection of the divine, as evidenced by the number of times he's been not killed by the bad things around him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: November 11, 2014, 08:43:28 pm »

How hard would it be to pull some strings and get one of their own agents onto that list?  Or simply bribe one of the people already there?  Worse, it's difficult for us to stop, because we'd need to mindread every incoming worker, and the only person we have that's capable of that is the AM.
Well, if they're an agent, they'd probably have some equipment, likely hidden on their person. We could have the Xan clone produce Xanlings that secretly merge with people in their sleep, check for any oddities like Urban Executor equipment and remain attached to them (as in, they assimilate and replace less vital bodyparts like the appendix) as spies, so that if any of them becomes a traitor, they and whoever made them defect gets neutralized in presumably nightmarish ways.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:48:38 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: November 11, 2014, 08:45:34 pm »

Reflecting on STAN, do we WANT those with anti-ARM tendencies to get assimilated?  Wouldn't a grenade Xanling be more effective?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: November 11, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »

Good point, they'd probably be better off exploding or only assimilating the bodies, leaving brains to be interrogated.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: November 11, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »

That was my thinking. I'll just eat everything but the brain.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: November 11, 2014, 08:49:49 pm »

Plus, they're just as effective as a deterrent.

A: Working on this planet's pretty nice, huh?
B: No man, it sucks!  Don't you hate the crappy pay?
A: Well, it could be better.
B: Yeah!  We should all go on strike!  Screw this place!  Break something!

*B explodes from the torso, leaving gore and quivering limbs*

A: I love my job!  Time to put in an extra shift or three!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

Even better:
*B's face opens up and his brain falls out onto the ground, then closes back up*
Bxan: I recommend you cease these disloyal thoughts.
*walks away*
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:52 pm »

Eventually, it would become just something that happens:
A: DOWN WITH OUR MASTERS, SHRUG OFF YOUR CHAINS! WE WILL NEVER GRAGGSHLOBO
*A's body melts into a puddle of flesh and blood while people around tsk at their ruined shirts*
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: November 11, 2014, 09:01:01 pm »

Actually, I could feasibly do that for people's benefit. I could house someone's brain in a body - they'd be in a brain case so no risk of STAN2, but they'd be hooked up to the senses of the thing, and they'd control movement and such, but they'd punch in commands to shapeshift, and I'd follow through on that. It'd be like a synth body, only a Xanbody.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 2205