Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491720 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10890 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:35 pm »

Poke the naked guy with my reiterpallasch, see if hes okay.
I've got a suspicion this may end up involving a combat roll.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: November 10, 2014, 09:55:37 pm »

Ive purposefully left it up to piecewise interpretation, should be fun.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10892 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:42 pm »

Ohhhh
I just got a hunch about the on-ship event. At first I thought it was weirdly familiar, and now I think I have been there, done that. Enjoy the ride, and good luck, people  ;)
I don't think it's exactly the same though. Mostly because it is happening to everyone with no apparent cause. Plus, someone tried standard countermeasures and it didn't work, so it is either different or much more powerful. But you are right, it is still the most plausible explanation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: November 10, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »

Also, I know that there's basically 0% chance of enemy agents with SM on Heph.  If there were, PW would have already used them to delay the flow of my massive tinker posts.  However, OOC, it does lead to the valid concern of security.  As Unholy pointed out, we don't have much to prevent enemies--whether traitors or UWM agents--from infiltrating Heph and wreaking havoc.))

That's not really true, since Steve can see when someone jumps into the system, and surely anyone unexpected jumping in gets his attention in a hurry.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:16 pm »

Quote from: The Holy Bible, New International Version; Book of Revelation 6:9-12
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.
Quote from: The Holy Bible, New International Version; Book of Revelation 7:13-15
Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
You get your box and open it. Inside is a hooded robe, loose and crimson, which sleeves which dangle past your hands and a cowl which obscures your face. Stitched in the hood, following the circle of the crown of your head, is a message in gold thread.

"I am constant with the old covenant. I am beyond judgement."
Might be overthinking this, but Kyle's new set of robes might have something to do with the above biblical references. Is synthflesh blood not white? What if he was to cleanse his robes in synthblood?

Personally, I suspect that those robes began the incident. After all, when Kyle watched television after wearing those robes, there was an odd broadcast about forbidden gospels and later, the anomaly began from the television. Perhaps cleansing the robes will end it all?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:53:19 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »

@Toaster

True, but UWM ships jumping in aren't my worry.  I'm more afraid of someone who's supposed to be here betraying us.  Say, an inmate like Leo deciding that he wants to hurt ARM, and setting a nuke off in the command center.  Or the UWM, who have presence on Q'baja, planting an agent in one of the construction crews we get from there.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: November 10, 2014, 10:55:48 pm »

Anyone else noticed all the biblical references with the recent events:
"too the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone"

This refers to the ark of the covenant which contains the tablets with the original ten commandments. The hidden manna is the measure of manna placed within the ark by Aaron under the command of Moses who was commanded by God. The reason it is specifically this manna is that the other manna that was kept became rotten, with maggots and a bad smell. The stone of Mt Sinai is a light tan coloured rock that is almost white in direct sunlight this is likely what is meant by the white stone. However the actual nature of the stone and manna is likely not a tablet and a peice of bread "white like cardamon seed and tasting like wafers of honey and dates". The actual nature will be representative; the stone some sort of immutable basic law or something similarly immutable and the manna possibly some endless source of resources.

The long scene involving the sheep of seven horns and seven eyes speaking of Phobetor

couple of biblical (and one greek) thing/s happening here.

1-The lamb with seven horns and eyes is the lamb of god (jesus), Jesus is also known as the word of god and of the three aspects is most often seen as a messenger/catalyst/harbinger with the holy spirit while fulfilling a similar role is geared more toward power to overcome challenges and save people e.g. the apostles are given the power of tounges so they can spread the word as wide as possible. Another thing about the lamb is that the seven eyes aren't eyes they are "seven eyes, which are the seven spirits God sent out into all the earth", as there is no mention of what these spirits are except possibly the seven archangels some of whom are mentioned as going down to earth. Also the lamb is only a severed head in the revelations passage the lamb looks as if it has been slain. Decapitation is obviously a method of killing things [citation needed].

2-Phobetor is the greek thing. Phobetor is an embodiment of dreaming (Oneroi) that was the child of Nyx primordial god of night and Erebus the god of darkness (according to cicero). What did phobetor do? It took the form of animals to interact with people and also appeared in nightmares as animals or monsters. *cough*serialkiller*cough*

P.S. Id continue but unsure if anyone is interested and typing this much and checking stuff is time consuming

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »

Fuck, I just realized Kyle may have unintentionally become an apostle. Which is actually kind of funny.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: November 10, 2014, 11:05:30 pm »

I don't think it's so much that he became an apostle as much as he has the robes of a martyr. Which is either really good, or really bad seeing as he certainly wasn't martyred, unless being conscripted into the HMRC counts.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: November 10, 2014, 11:09:00 pm »

So we should martyr Kyle on the fourth wall?  Sounds good!
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:13 pm »

Not too sure how this works. I mean, it's meant to designate people exempt from God's wrath, but the closest thing there is to God seems to be the Sheep who doesn't seem very wrathful. Plus it might depend on whether wearing a martyr's clothes makes whatever eldritch entity mistake him for one, or just pisses them off when they assume he mugged a martyr or something.

Only idea I have in mind would be to get synthblood over it and to try running through one of the summoned walls or something.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: November 10, 2014, 11:15:45 pm »

Well, no matter what happens Kyle's going to get real religious soon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: November 11, 2014, 02:25:22 am »

I don't know how cludge-fuckery pw wants to do it, but maybe the Sword is doomed. With brown stuff on the walls and not a fan to be seen. Then we've definitely got Heph and Desert-BUM-FUCK-PLANET-01. Pick your spawn point newbs. We may have to nuke one of these planets anyway.
It's a game. Have fun.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: November 11, 2014, 02:38:51 am »

Ive purposefully left it up to piecewise interpretation, should be fun.

I'm genuinely more worried about that horrible little spidermedicbot thing you've set on me.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: November 11, 2014, 03:16:29 am »

Here is new plan for Mission 16: http://imgur.com/gallery/GEhxS
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 2205