Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488921 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10756 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:53 pm »

Actually, what does PSL mean, exactly?
Piezoelectric Shard Launcher. It fires 2 foot long shards of crystal that impale their target and then explode into electricity. Holding down the trigger fires 10 shards at once. Also, it has a hidden function that allows it to generate objects out the crystal, such objects also demonstrate the same properties, so a tripwire made by one would theoretically explode into electricity.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:29 pm »

You... Uh, never seemed to actually get that program back.
You seemed to proceed to mess around with the poacher simulation, so far at least.
Lemme check a bit further.

Actually, what does PSL mean, exactly?
Piezoelectric Shard Launcher. It fires 2 foot long shards of crystal that impale their target and then explode into electricity. Holding down the trigger fires 10 shards at once. Also, it has a hidden function that allows it to generate objects out the crystal, such objects also demonstrate the same properties, so a tripwire made by one would theoretically explode into electricity.
Well, it's certainly cool, though the 'Exploding into electricity' doesn't seem great for a Black Ops mission.
Why not a compacted version of the crystalline projector?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10758 on: November 05, 2014, 10:59:18 pm »

VIDEODROME

I'm getting the Mixtape station up and running. If you don't mind taking a look just to make sure it's working, that would be nice. This google crap is being sorta annoying.

NSFW maybe, by the way.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:16:30 pm by piecewise »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: November 05, 2014, 11:04:30 pm »

@Javelin sniper rifle

I have never played that game, but remember that exact rifle because it made me really want to play it.  I believe SeriousConcentrate brought it up years ago, before the subforum existed.  I don't remember what people decided about it, and I don't think the idea would actually work well.

@Execute/Dumbo.exe

Hmm.  Probably two, maybe three tokens.  Basic AI would probably add a token to the cost, and that could effectively cover the other two big things- not crashing, and tagging.  Making it more sturdy would add cost, and I don't think that's worth it.

Camoflage cost varies widely- we could paint it with a camo pattern, which would mean nearly nothing, or we could coat it in stealth tech that makes it invisible, which would cost a lot.

Your suit is actually pretty advanced- one of my old projects was a system that would track people's positions relative to each other, and mark targets through walls ghost-recon style.  The primary purpose was to allow ampers to more easily target enemies through walls, and allow CON people with heavy weapons to get surprise shots.

PSL stands for "Puşca Semiautomată cu Lunetă" ("scoped semi-automatic rifle"), which is a cheap romanian copy of the russian SVD, and- wait, you want the ER gun don't you? 

PSL stands for Piezoelectric Shard Launcher, a gun in the armory.  It launches two foot long shards that can penetrate into a battlesuit, and then explode into lightning, high velocity fragments, and pain.  You can buy a propane tank sized tank of fluid, which contains thirty shards, for four tokens.  For those reasons, it's probably the best CON weapon in the armory, with the possible exception of Sean's Raduga.

Due to the fact that the fluid ammo is extraordinarily compact compared to the crystals produced, I made a miniature LSW version with a 17,280 round magazine, called the Testament.  It got nerfed to 180 rounds because infinite dakka is bad.  There's currently two of them unclaimed, if you want one.

The reason it would be good for blops is the insane ammo capacity; you could have a machine pistol that has a hundred round magazine, that still fits in the grip.  At least, assuming it isn't nerfed too.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: November 05, 2014, 11:06:49 pm »

Re: improved scout eyes, I believe that ever since the Sword left Hephaestus, a piece of Anton's piloting assist software is now standard on all scout eyes and drones. Automatic +/-1 dynamic Aux bonus to basic flying around.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: November 05, 2014, 11:17:00 pm »

Ai doesnt cost anything...

Your character just needs to be smart enough to code it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:09 pm »

Software mods are probably one of the great unexplored/unexploited areas of the game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »

180 Rounds? That is a lot of Dakka there.
I think I might grab one after this Spoopy Spary Speleton thing is done, though it would probably be best for hold out situations.
Any chance of a miniature Crystalline projector?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: November 05, 2014, 11:30:01 pm »

@Sean

I was fairly certain that your software was for drones, not scout eyes.  Scout eyes don't have onboard computers, to my knowledge.

@Unholy

See above.  The cost is for the hardware, not the software.

Also, despite my character being AUX oriented, it doesn't matter because I can command research crews which basically get an auto-five.

@Execute

The original was capable of firing on full auto, continually... for a half hour.  That is a lot of dakka.

And no.  The CP is 1.Already tiny- if my memory serves, it's radar gun size like the HEP, and 2.Space Magic.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: November 05, 2014, 11:34:06 pm »

UH is videodrome down? It suddenly stopped working for me.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: November 05, 2014, 11:34:25 pm »

Nope still up. Trousers commercial atm.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10767 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:09 am »

UH is videodrome down? It suddenly stopped working for me.
try it now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: November 06, 2014, 12:55:55 am »

Will be back and posting @M18 Piecewise.
RL cut in hard.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10769 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:08 am »

@syvarris: I don't think switching whatever control hardware the scout eye has with a more advanced embedded system would cost anything. You could do it for free right now. Just get a datapad for free, add the antenna and other control equipment from the scout eye to it and write a program to control the scout eye. Add some sensors to make navigation easier and you're set.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2205